NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the second pic shows him without the cigar so I'm assuming that it detaches.

I know its obvious, but, I couldn't see a hole on the sculpt where the cigar would go. I also can't thing of the face doubleing as any one else. However, if he comes with a net or capturing device, I could see this having army builder possibilities.

Here's another picture of Julius' cigar given to one of the infantry gorillas with Julius next to Zira, so I think it's swapable:

Classic-Planet-of-the-Apes-Series-2-and-3-Teaser.jpg

I believe this is the first picture we ever saw of Julius.

It probably has a tapered and and just slides in the sculpt; I think the gorilla's mouths aren't sculpted perfectly shut, if I remember right.

Hi All,

Luca - Has had the joints super glued and then puttied over the M60 is from the old Marvel Punisher figure and the ammo belt is from a 1/6 German machine gun.

Base - is two 1/12 Bandai Stormtrooper bases glued together and the balsa wood was attached around the edges. The base was built up using High Density foam and it was broken apart to simulate a cracked and destroyed road, I used a small sandstones and pushed it into the foam to give it a tar road feel to it.

Once the foam road was dry I then used dirt from the back garden and covered the rest of the base and let that dry. The small shrubs are from Army builder and the taller grass I got from the back yard and dipped it into methylated spirits and let it dry for 24 hrs and then painted it.

The sign I printed off the net and glued them to thin pieces of plasti card and the pole is plasti card tube, I painted and weatherd everything using Vallejo and GW paints and pastel chalks.

NOTE - The reason I dipped the grass into methylated spirits is that the spirits dries out the grass but doesn't let it crack or go brittle.

Ron

Attachments

• lubbb 01.JPG
    lubbb 01.JPG
    101.4 KB · Views: 344
  • lubbb 02.JPG
    lubbb 02.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 344
  • lubbb 03.JPG
    lubbb 03.JPG
    97.5 KB · Views: 345
  • lubbb 04.JPG
    lubbb 04.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 343
  • lubbb 05.JPG
    lubbb 05.JPG
    108 KB · Views: 340
  • lubbb 07.JPG
    lubbb 07.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 342
  • lubbb 06.JPG
    lubbb 06.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 347
  • lubbb 08.JPG
    lubbb 08.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 343
  • lubbb 09.JPG
    lubbb 09.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 349
  • lubbb 010.JPG
    lubbb 010.JPG
    116 KB · Views: 349
Another Monkey Monday is upon us... and NECA gives us a peek on their Twitter page at another "potential" figure: the TV series Ape Sargent.

I really wish they would use the correct bandolier that wraps around the waist instead of over the shoulder. They made one for General Urko so they could use it here. And it looks like they are using the same head as the Ape Soldier from wave 1, but the hair looks more brown.

So basically this "potential" figure is just a re-paint.

It's strange... Julius is the only figure that is officially part of wave 4.

I wonder who is gonna be joining him?

Well...couldn't resist....ordered the Lawgiver. Saw a review of it over at MCW that had some good pics....looking forward to this one.

I was combing through NECA's Twitter page and came upon this exchange:

RICKY ROSS: @NECA_TOYS ok Randy... Be honest is there a good chance we're getting Julius? I feel like there is a good chance since he made it to protype.

RANDY:Really don't know. We have 7 or 8 more prototypes done for classic but not sure if when or how they will see release.

7 or 8 MORE prototypes? If we count Veska, Urko and the two TV show Gorillas among them, that still leaves 3 or 4 figures they haven't shown us.

At this point, I'm not sure if I what to see them. If they aren't going to be made I don't think I want to be teased will what could have been. Maybe he will show them at SDCC this summer.

How old was that post you are quoting? Correct me if I am wrong but I thought that Series 4 was more less confirmed, seeing since they showed Urko & Julius on Monkey Monday as recent as a couple weeks ago with a caption from Neca stating "Prototype for Series 4" They did not use the word "Possible" on these two Monkey Monday post.Like they continuously have on previous discussions of these figures.

I was combing through NECA's Twitter page and came upon this exchange:

RICKY ROSS: @NECA_TOYS ok Randy... Be honest is there a good chance we're getting Julius? I feel like there is a good chance since he made it to protype.

RANDY:Really don't know. We have 7 or 8 more prototypes done for classic but not sure if when or how they will see release.

7 or 8 MORE prototypes? If we count Veska, Urko and the two TV show Gorillas among them, that still leaves 3 or 4 figures they haven't shown us.

At this point, I'm not sure if I what to see them. If they aren't going to be made I don't think I want to be teased will what could have been. Maybe he will show them at SDCC this summer.

So SDCC is less than 2 months away. Have they announced who is in the wave that will be available there as a shared exclusive?

The post is from this week... after the posting of yet another "possible" figure this past Monkey Monday.

I wouldn't repost it here if it was old news.

So SDCC is less than 2 months away. Have they announced who is in the wave that will be available there as a shared exclusive?

I believe that both Wave three (Caesar, Aldo and Conquest Gorilla) and the two TV gorillas will be available at SDCC this year. That's what I'm getting from Randy's posts on the NECA Facebook and Twitter pages.

He also stated that their plans will be laid out sometime this month.

If this is the only way to get this to retailer, then its better than nothing. I hope I can get a hold of this from Hong Kong. Im not a fan of sdcc items. The shipping costs almost as much as the items.

Could this be something new in the 7” scale collecting world. A solution to the “pegwarmer”? Sell figures in a series pack rather than individually. If this is the new game then NECA will need to better their paint apps ten fold and make sure each one is perfect. Cant say I would be a fan of this.

This seems to me like NECA may not want to try to guess how many of each single figure they will need as an SDCC exclusive. They would rather just put it in a single unit and sell them that way. Perhaps it's a way to offer them at a slightly lower MSRP, say $50 for the set. It could also be a way to entice a retailer to take it on as a separate SKU. I really see it as a last ditch effort to sell this wave and hopefully get the next wave out, probably in a similar 3-pack.

That's a bit of a let down that the new figures will be a 3 pack! However I'm glad they will be available. I think neca should have done 2 packs. Conquest gorilla and Caesar would have been a great army builder. Then they could have done Aldo and Julius , Veska and urko! All in all 2 packs would be a great idea plus not as expensive.

Well I can't say I'm too happy about that because for us who want to build a Army for the Conquest riot will be sorely disappointed. Still at least we're getting them. Wonder when and what the price will be.

Its possible that the 3 pack will be the norm for this line, however, if Neca needs SKU's for TRU, its smart. For those who only buy one of each, a 3 pack is the way to go.
Its a space saver for stores too. Another thing to note, this could open a SKU for TRU and they can have more 2 packs each year. We could have Conquest Gorilla packs and TV series Gorilla 2 packs.

Back