NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the 7 inch apes figures from NECA. I am in the same boat as many collectors, 1/6th are too expensive! Even when the Hot Toys apes were available I could not army build. With NECA I already have 9 gorilla soldiers and plan on buying as many as I can find. The scale also allows for affordable accessories, such as horses, buildings, wagons, cells, etc... I am in no way bashing the 1/6th stuff. I had the Sideshow apes series and loved it, but could not army build because of size and cost. For all who collect 1/6th exclusively, I hope you get what you want someday, and honestly, if the money is there I will probably buy them. I wanted the Hot Toys apes, Actually had them on PO with Sideshow, but money issues forced me to cancel. I wish they would rerelease them again in 2.0? But how much would they be? 250.00 300.00 each? I like so many of us must face facts, I can't afford the high dollar figures anymore. So I have moved into a smaller scale of a series that I have loved since childhood, Planet of the apes! I hope this line thrives and we get a large variety of figures, vehicles, sets, etc... from all 5 movies

I really adore the NECA 7" Ape line and I have got to say, I really need some humans or at least a Taylor and Nova. Not because I was interested in the humans so much, but because I really need prisoners for the soldier Apes to be dragging around in their man-traps and nets dammit! (I'd make my own nets). Laugh.

I hear you on 1:6 being too expensive. I really like the upswing in quality and articulation in 6" and 7" lines recently. It will be fun to see what other licenses get made like this.

Got series 2 Zira. Love the articulation (difficult considering the design hindrances) and the headsculpt and paint...except for the eyes. Almost looks like grey, glossed over zombie eyes. Too bad.
Also love that the "photo" of her and Cornelius are actually a pic of the Neca figures. Nice touch.

I reworked zira. She looks awesome now but I am horrified to find that her headsculpt is Mego scale. She was produced that way.

Look how awfully big her head is. Such a shame it is the wrong scale!! It looks even bigger when on the smaller NECA body. Ffffffffftttttttt Photos don't show the obvious...but when stripped of paint like the monsterclay casts...you can really see the difference!! YIKES!!!

I stuck another monsterclay cast on top of a Mego body (I think it's a Mego body)....I made sure that both bodies were level to each other (lowest portion of body is on the line). This just SUCKS big time. How could this happen in production? Didn't anybody check?

NECA just announced Aldo and Urko!

1476062_10152480798301906_459420216410859127_n (1).jpg

Jessica,
I also noticed how big Zira's noggin is. Shame, considering how awesome the rest of her is. I thought Zaius v1 was a little too tall as well.

Wait... we're gettting MORE Gorillas!

So they have released/announced:

Two orangutans (of the same character Dr. Zaius)
Three Chimpanzees (Cornelius, Zira and Caesar)
and EIGHT gorillas (Soldier Ape, Ursus, Gorilla Two-Pack, Julius, Conquest Gorilla and now Aldo and Urko!)

and NO humans!

I'm sensing a bias here.

Unfortunately, Rocket wasn't featured much in Dawn which is probably why we aren't getting a figure of him within that line. In hindsight, it's rather surprising that he wasn't given more to do in the sequel... considering his rather large part in Rise.

Well, I picked up a Gorilla's Soldier 2 pack from Ebay this morning... I'm officially into another Neca line after I wrote them off.
Damn You Necccaaa!!!

Aldo and urko look great! However like others said isn't there enough gorillas out already! I mean don't get me wrong Ursus is pry one of my fav. Characters but lets see some variety, Taylor and nova are a must!!!! I hope Neca makes them....

Back