NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aldo and urko look great! However like others said isn't there enough gorillas out already! I mean don't get me wrong Ursus is pry one of my fav. Characters but lets see some variety, Taylor and nova are a must!!!! I hope Neca makes them....

The 8" Mego style Taylor is proof that a 7" inch is on its way for this series. Nova, I'm not so sure of. We need the Council. Sone random Chimps and Orangoutangs would be nice too. Even though Neca said no to a Gorilla/Horse set, I still see them making one in the future. Just like The Queen alien was shot down, and a AVP line was shot down... They know they'll make one.

I recall reading a couple months ago, that Neca was planning on doing a Gorilla 3-Pack based on the TV series. (Awesome!!!)
Some other cool 3-packs would be:

1)Galen, Virdon & Burke
2)Taylor, Landon with lobotomy scar, & stuffed Dodge.
3)Three different mutants
4)The tribunal council from the first movie with desk and three chairs

Sure hope this line goes even longer than the current NECA Predator series , which I think is at #12 now?

Anothet easy 3 pack would be:
Gorilla, Chimp, Orangoutang in colored jumpsuites.

The Council would be awesome. Some random human slaves would be fun.

I want to see Neca go further, like they have with the Aliens line. I want a Horse and Soldier set. I really want some diorama/play sets. Bring back that awesome aspect of toys that has been missing. Large playsets and backdrop pieces. Horse and buggy/cage.

Anothet easy 3 pack would be:
Gorilla, Chimp, Orangoutang in colored jumpsuites.

The Council would be awesome. Some random human slaves would be fun.

I want to see Neca go further, like they have with the Aliens line. I want a Horse and Soldier set. I really want some diorama/play sets. Bring back that awesome aspect of toys that has been missing. Large playsets and backdrop pieces. Horse and buggy/cage.

Good point!! As a child growing up on POTA in the 70's I only ever had two of the Mego figures. I so wanted all the figures and play sets that were offered back then. Although it seems a lot of people are very cost conscious on extra offerings like the new lawgiver coming out in February , I think a lot of us older fans of the franchise could care less what the price Neca puts on anything extra they care to offer.
Count me in on anything Neca puts out based in the original franchise.

Good point!! As a child growing up on POTA in the 70's I only ever had two of the Mego figures. I so wanted all the figures and play sets that were offered back then. Although it seems a lot of people are very cost conscious on extra offerings like the new lawgiver coming out in February , I think a lot of us older fans of the franchise could care less what the price Neca puts on anything extra they care to offer.
Count me in on anything Neca puts out based in the original franchise.

I agree. Cost shouldn't be a factor. Its not Hot Toy prices. At the same time, these will never have a line like this again. If they do, it would be another 10-15 years. Who knows when the "Pop Culture" train will derail. Now is the time for Neca to take the reigns and show what a toy company can do.

I agree too... The medicom line was the last good pota line released back in 2002... Now 2014 neca released pota figures. 12 year gap. I've purchased about 30 neca pota figs so far mostly gorillas so my budget has no cap! I plan on ordering 2 lawgivers in Feb. One to open and one to keep in the package... So with that being said whatever neca has to release I will buy. I just hope like many others that neca will make humans! Taylor and nova are a must! Brent and the mutants would be nice, seeing how beneath is close to being my fav. Pota film next to the original. Horses and biggest would be nice but I don't think neca will go that far, seems they stick to just the figures line but who knows. I just hope they keep pumping out more great characters cause they got my money :)

Would anybody here be interested if NECA started a 1:4 scale POTA line?

I know I would... imagine what they could do with the detail on a monkey THAT BIG!

Would anybody here be interested if NECA started a 1:4 scale POTA line?

I know I would... imagine what they could do with the detail on a monkey THAT BIG!

I'm in. I'd love for Hot Toys to do some 2.0's also. But I'm sure that won't happen. A 1/4 Gorilla Soldier and Urko would have such command presence in a display. Then Zira, Lucious, and Cornelius would look way too good in 1/4 scale.

I would love a 1/4 scale koba!! and s couple of classics too!! don't know about having a lot of them, but a couple of options would be amazing!!!

Already asked Randy many times about 1/4 Apes and he always replied nope. This may change if everyone keeps asking for it though. Please let there be 1/4 Apes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They shoot everything down. Because its either not planned, it is planned, or they are about to reveal it.
The best example will be 1/4 Batman, Alien Queen, and the AVP line. All shot down on a monthly basis.

Never say never. When there is demand, then it will be released.

Time to buy MORE MONKEYS then!

But I think IF they do it they will only offer just a handful of figures... maybe only the gorilla soldier since he sold very well.

I heard about Urko and Aldo while I was down in Ecuador, I can't wait for their release. I am really enjoying all of this monkey love, keep bringing them Neca! A TV series 3 pack would be very welcomed. I'm sure humans will be coming soon enough, just happy that Neca truly is going deep into this license. I will be getting every POTA Neca figure released. Too bad some members shot this line down from the beginning, IM1138 you don't know what you're missing.

Last edited:
For anyone in the Florida area, that can make it to Miami, Magic City Con has a Planet of the Apes panel/photo op with a few of the stars from the Franchise. They also have a Q&A scheduled which is free with admission. Both taking place on Saturday January 17th.

Professional Photo Op session with PLANET OF THE APES stars LINDA HARRISON, DON PEDRO COLLEY, LOU WAGNER, RON HARPER, & AUSTIN STOKER. These photo op sessions will take place in the East Hall (Main Events Room) of the Convention Center behind the stage. Photos will be taken by our pro photographer and glossy 8x10's will be printed on site and ready for you the same day. Jpegs will be made available online after the show. The fee for this photo op is $120. Pre-Purchase Photo Op tickets at PHOTO OPS @ MAGIC CITY COMIC CON - Eventbee or purchase at the show. EAST WING (1st Floor) Behind the Main Events Stage.

https://register.growtix.com/schedule/magic_city_comic_con

Hi All,

Well finally got around to finishing this guy and he was the inspiration from a new comic book that is coming out called Star Trek - Planet of the Apes - The Primate Directive.

The Ape - has the head and body from NECA's original serie's Gorilla soldier and the arms, hands and shirt from Artasylum's Star Trek series. The while figure was put into the pose similar to the comic cover except for the helmet as I only have one of those and that is for another project.

I then super glued the joints and puttied the joints and then used putty to add fur to the top of the hands, neck and the small patch on the right arm. Once the sculpting was done I used tissue paper to cover the uniform and painted him using Vallejo and GW paints.

The Chair - I found the chair at a garage sale but it was missing it's button panels so I made some using plasti card and then I painted the chair using Vallejo paints.

Ron

Attachments

• tap1.jpg
    tap1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 265
  • tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 282
  • tap3.jpg
    tap3.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 265
  • tap4.jpg
    tap4.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 265
  • tap5.jpg
    tap5.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 273
  • tap6.jpg
    tap6.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 267
  • tap7.jpg
    tap7.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 264
  • tap8.jpg
    tap8.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 268
  • tap9.jpg
    tap9.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 306
Great job as always Hemble! I love the idea of POTA/Star Trek crossovers. You do amazing work.

I ordered Dawn last night and watched it with the kids, it really made me consider buying Neca's Dawn figures. Due to the pricing I limited myself to only the classic series. I would love to get a Caesar, Koba, Maurice, and Luca figure. Also, I'm a little late to the game and am finding that the Law Giver is selling out at most places. The longer I wait the more expensive he seems to get.

I just pre-ordered The Lawgiver Statue from Entertainment Earth... their price $54.99 was decent enough and I've ordered through them a bunch of times. Although the wait can be longer....

Anybody pick up the NECA 8" Taylor yet? The head sculpt is better in person. However the space suit... it's too puffy and translucent and the stitching is... well, you know. For now I'm keeping him in package.

If anybody was thinking about buying the Cornelius ornament from Hallmark but hasn't NOW is the time. I've been to five Hallmarks recently and ALL have him for 50% off. I knew this was going to happen. I was going to wait for the discount but I wanted him on the tree for Christmas. Besides the more people buy him at full price the better chance Hallmark will continue the series. Anyway, we still get Dr. Zaius for next year.

Back