NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You do great work, and are an inspiration in your artistic and creative ability to do the dioramas and customizations that you do. Please keep them coming.

Hi All,

Well finally got around to finishing this guy and he was the inspiration from a new comic book that is coming out called Star Trek - Planet of the Apes - The Primate Directive.

The Ape - has the head and body from NECA's original serie's Gorilla soldier and the arms, hands and shirt from Artasylum's Star Trek series. The while figure was put into the pose similar to the comic cover except for the helmet as I only have one of those and that is for another project.

I then super glued the joints and puttied the joints and then used putty to add fur to the top of the hands, neck and the small patch on the right arm. Once the sculpting was done I used tissue paper to cover the uniform and painted him using Vallejo and GW paints.

The Chair - I found the chair at a garage sale but it was missing it's button panels so I made some using plasti card and then I painted the chair using Vallejo paints.

Ron

finally got dawn s2 Koba! :yess:

but my excitement kinda dropped after opening quality is crap, arms swing freely. ughh. have the entire first series and none are like this, quality is much better.

ahhh well, love Koba so much just glad to have a fig that looks like him. s1 didnt really IMO.

shame finger wont fit in trigger.

Picked up the NECA Taylor figure... looks cool... kind of reminds me of the old MEGO figures with a bit of a throwback feeling to it.
Really like the package art... front painting is cool an the card back set up is fun too.

A+ to the NECA team here!

Here's a shot of the card front & back:

Last edited:

....hadn't voyaged through the thread in a while....WOW! This shot is AWESOME! Really well done....

,,,,and it is cool too see/hear NECA has more apes on the way. I just hope the line continues to get support from retail and collectors at large so the new ones make it to the pegs....I'm so stoked for Lucius and Aldo looks great too....

Yeah, I picked up Taylor as well. It will be interesting to see how far they take this figure line.

Looking at your photo, is there something wrong with his right arm? It looks to be extending too far below the cuff. I wonder if the joint (either elbow or shoulder) is broken or simply popped out of it's socket.

Like I've stated in previous posts, I really hope NECA pushes POTA in their 1/4 scale line. I know reps from NECA keep saying no when asked about it... but didn't they make 1:4 scale Lone Ranger figures without blinking an eye? :dunno

Last edited:
Great eye PZ, I never saw the broken arm. I love the packaging, so vibrant, really draws in in. Will either of you be opening your packages? Is the backpack easily removable, unlike the gorilla 2 pack? I still need to order this guy.

Both my son and I purchased a Taylor. We were the first ones to open and examine the whole case at our local TRU so we could pick and choose the paint jobs we liked.

Mine is still in the package. He opened his up. His joints are rather loose. And the back pack is easily removable. It has great detail in the inside and is fairly heavy... which (coupled with the loose joints) throws off his ability to stand for any length of time without falling over.

Too detailed to stand with my Mego collection in my opinion. Pass. Cool packaging though!

The third wave (Caesar, Conquest Gorilla, and Julius) have been confirmed for awhile now.

What hasn't been confirmed is their release date... and nobody seems to have this wave up for pre-order.

Nice artwork though... this is shaping up to be a really nice wave!

The third wave (Caesar, Conquest Gorilla, and Julius) have been confirmed for awhile now.

What hasn't been confirmed is their release date... and nobody seems to have this wave up for pre-order.

Nice artwork though... this is shaping up to be a really nice wave!

Have they said how Urko & Aldo are coming?

Sallah

I'm assuming we won't see those apes until summer. But we will probably get more info on how everything is coming along during Toy Fair 2015 next month.

Perhaps then we will find out who will be the third figure in that wave.

I'm assuming we won't see those apes until summer. But we will probably get more info on how everything is coming along during Toy Fair 2015 next month.

Perhaps then we will find out who will be the third figure in that wave.

I'm calling series 4, Aldo, Urko, Taylor.
Or
2015 Toys R Us 2 Pack Aldo and Urko

Series 4:
Normal Ape Garb Ceasar
Jungle Taylor
Nova

Yeah, we are badly in need of a Taylor right now. Though I sincerely hope they give us Taylor in his captive clothing before his ANSA Astronaut garb.

Ceasar and Jumpsuit Gorilla comfirmed.

The red border on that art reminds me of old Topps stickers so much that I had to put these together today. :)

rebelgorilla.jpg

caeser card.jpg

Sallah

Awesome Sallah!! Can you do that with the other series?

Definitely. I saved the template I made to do just that. :) I will need to scan the packages though unless I can find the art online? What is nice about those 2 is that they aren't cut down for the packaging....

Sallah

Back