NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunch of happy monkeys here:)

I will get any scale, 1/12, 1/4....I just want to know who will take on 1/6 scale!!!!

WOW, Sticks! Looks like you are going for your own Central City!

Both my son and I pre-ordered the Classic Wave from BBTS. I'm still on the fence about the Dawn figures. Caesar and Korba maybe. I might wait until I see the film.

Personally for me I Pre-Ordered both Classic and Modern Ape sets. I'm excited for both. I did order an extra Gorilla Soldier. I'm guessing Neca will release another couple different soldiers which I will get two of both which ever way they do it. That's how I'm building my army. Seriously can't wait for this. I haven't been this excited with Neca figures in a long time.

Upon seeing the final images, Zaius looks more like Whitmore than Evans. And they could have done his legs like Cornelius' to give it more of that ape look. Cornelius looks like they were trying to give him that inquisitive look he sometimes had. The gorilla is nice, yet different from what I'd seen was coming. Overall a nice showing for this new scale.
I doubt it will make a difference no matter how many 7" are bought but the detailing on these sculpts only makes me wish more they'd compete in 1:6 so we could truly see who makes the best apes.
And, while this line is too small to interest me, I do find myself needing to buy one. That will be a Caesar from Dawn that I can repaint and customize into Debbie from Lost in Space.

They look nice, but I'm gonna pass. I'd rather finish my Medicom collection and hopefully one day own a SSC Forbidden Zone Taylor.

Personally for me I Pre-Ordered both Classic and Modern Ape sets. I'm excited for both. I did order an extra Gorilla Soldier. I'm guessing Neca will release another couple different soldiers which I will get two of both which ever way they do it. That's how I'm building my army. Seriously can't wait for this. I haven't been this excited with Neca figures in a long time.

I saw this little tidbit at Rebelscum.com https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100477-10/

Neca teased a possible 2-Pack of the Gorilla Soldiers for Army Builders on Twitter...

Me: "I thought you showed two different head sculpts for the Gorilla Soldier and teased different accessories to me?"

NECA: "We may have and those may be coming later or in the Gorilla Soldier 2 pack for army builders. So many options..."

Me: "Wait... Gorilla Soldier 2-Pack? You sly boots. Wish I could get an answer about Zaius's gloves. Maybe Toy Fair."

NECA: "He's coming with gloves only if we do another version in the different outfit later he will have the other hands."

Upon seeing the final images, Zaius looks more like Whitmore than Evans. And they could have done his legs like Cornelius' to give it more of that ape look. Cornelius looks like they were trying to give him that inquisitive look he sometimes had. The gorilla is nice, yet different from what I'd seen was coming. Overall a nice showing for this new scale.

Yeah, personally I'm a bit disappointed with the sculpts of both Dr. Zaius and Cornelius. Hopefully they will look better when they are finally in hand.

For my money the best Dr. Zaius sculpt is still the Sideshow Premium Format figure sculpted by Mat Falls. Now if only I can scrape up enough funds to get him re-painted by Josh from Small Studios... it would be expensive but I think in the long run well worth it. The good doctor deserves a HELL OF A LOT more than Sideshow's sloppy factory paint apps. The poor doctor looks like he is drunk on grape juice plus.

Planet of the Apes (68) is my favorite movie, but I must say I'm a little disappointed in these sculpts. Cornelius isn't bad, but that doesn't look anything like Zaius. And that gorilla looks far more... I don't know...harsh? than any of them looked in the movie. I was hoping that they would have modeled the gorilla after one of the characters in the film (like the Hunt Leader or Julius), not just a generic soldier. I think I'm going to have to pass for now. Unless they wow me later with other cast members, this seems a little weak, especially at that cost.

I saw this little tidbit at Rebelscum.com https://forum.rebelscum.com/t1100477-10/

Neca teased a possible 2-Pack of the Gorilla Soldiers for Army Builders on Twitter...

Me: "I thought you showed two different head sculpts for the Gorilla Soldier and teased different accessories to me?"

NECA: "We may have and those may be coming later or in the Gorilla Soldier 2 pack for army builders. So many options..."

Me: "Wait... Gorilla Soldier 2-Pack? You sly boots. Wish I could get an answer about Zaius's gloves. Maybe Toy Fair."

NECA: "He's coming with gloves only if we do another version in the different outfit later he will have the other hands."

Thanks for the info! Sounds like POTA future for Neca will grow. Keep the Apes coming!

Miss Liberty would be awesome!
JJ is right we will need a Taylor and Nova.
Did I mention there will be horses for this line?

It looks like army builders are snatching up the Gorilla Soldier because he's already sold out at BBTS. I'm glad that I finally ordered one last week. I can't wait to see General Ursus and as some have mentioned - would like to see NECA tackle these in a larger scale as well.

Last edited:
Back