NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sad about this line. I really hope it doesn't end because it really is fantastic but I hope we at least get a Taylor before the line closes. I would also like to see Apeonauts. Give me some Taylor/ Slave humans and Apeonauts and I'll be happy.

I have bought a total of 6 2 packs from TrU. Along with one of each single release from the actual stores. I am totally comitted to this line. If it fails, I feel my future Neca purchases will die along with it. Don't get me wrong, Neca has great products, but its all the same. POTA was a nice breath of fresh air from the over saturated lines of Alien, Predator, and Terminator, which wasn't only over done by Neca, but Hot Toys as well.

After the death of this line, I will continue to hold out hope that Hot Toys decides to revisit the Apes once more in 1/6 scale 2.0's.

I have bought a total of 6 2 packs from TrU. Along with one of each single release from the actual stores. I am totally comitted to this line. If it fails, I feel my future Neca purchases will die along with it. Don't get me wrong, Neca has great products, but its all the same. POTA was a nice breath of fresh air from the over saturated lines of Alien, Predator, and Terminator, which wasn't only over done by Neca, but Hot Toys as well.

After the death of this line, I will continue to hold out hope that Hot Toys decides to revisit the Apes once more in 1/6 scale 2.0's.
I agree with you! When totaling my pota Neca collection so far I have spent almost 1,000 dollars on this line and I'm not exaggerating! My toy collection is 95% Legos. I'm not really into collecting action figures the last time I did was 2007 I collected star wars for a bit but got out of it and sold what I had bought. Planet of the apes is more rare so it makes me want to collect it any chance I get! If Neca quits this line they won't be getting any more of my money! Its not to say they make bad toys at all, its just the pota line is the only reason I'm invested right now!

I'm in it till the end with this line and only this line. I personally thought it was doing well.

Here are some of my random shots

Awesome shots again sticks!!!! Here's a photo I just put together for the support of this line

I am not giving up on this line. That fat lady ain't singing yet!

Sallah

Did anyone spot this in the very first glimpse of Urko and Aldo on the studio table? It looks like Urko may include an interchangeable head. In the picture below, check out the unpainted head of Urko on the table next to his boots. In the TV series, Urko was seen most of the time without his helmet.

tumblr_nhe2viIR7n1sjfi1yo1_500.jpg

Yes Icarus, very exciting, and welcomed.
Great poster Sallah!
It would be great if Series 3 is up for pre-order by 3/8. Anyone know the release date for Series 3?

It would be great if Series 3 is up for pre-order by 3/8. Anyone know the release date for Series 3?

I called TRU and there is nothing on their calendar for Series 3. I have a feeling that March 8 will only involve what's out there already to clear the shelves first. That would make sense. Why would they offer new items at the same time as clearing out the old? It would only take away sales of old product.

I called TRU and there is nothing on their calendar for Series 3. I have a feeling that March 8 will only involve what's out there already to clear the shelves first. That would make sense. Why would they offer new items at the same time as clearing out the old? It would only take away sales of old product.

Oh Ok, I didn't know how it worked. So, March 8th has relevance regarding inventory & sales? I'm hoping to either get another Case of wave 1 from Bbts, or 3 2packs (if they're still available) from TrUs, mainly for the gorillas, gotta catch up to Matt.:lol

I wonder what stores will be participating and deals they will be promoting. Should be fun. I'll do what I can.

Another thing I keep forgetting, what ever happened to the Ape Bugle Neca showed us? Do you think the Television 2 pack will have it? I hope they give us an ape flag, doubtful now but would be very welcomed.

I was watching a video from Toy Fair of the NECA booth... hoping to gleen something about the line's future. In this video, Randy was being interviewed about all of their lines. Finally at the end of the video, he starts commenting on the POTA line. He states that Urko, Julius and Veska are going to be part of waves 4 or 5, he wasn't sure which... that is why on the plaque in front of them says TBA.

Okay... I thought that those figures were wave 4. So maybe, just maybe we might see this line continue until wave 5... with 3 more, as of yet to be announced, figures added to fill out each wave.

Or... this is the only time we ever see these figures... in prototype form. :horror :horror :horror

I was watching a video from Toy Fair of the NECA booth... hoping to gleen something about the line's future. In this video, Randy was being interviewed about all of their lines. Finally at the end of the video, he starts commenting on the POTA line. He states that Urko, Julius and Veska are going to be part of waves 4 or 5, he wasn't sure which... that is why on the plaque in front of them says TBA.

Okay... I thought that those figures were wave 4. So maybe, just maybe we might see this line continue until wave 5... with 3 more, as of yet to be announced, figures added to fill out each wave.

Or... this is the only time we ever see these figures... in prototype form. :horror :horror :horror

Yes, that was PixelDan's video. Funny I think I remember them both saying that "the line is doing great." Also, Randy seems very tired and a little withdrawn.

Oh Ok, I didn't know how it worked. So, March 8th has relevance regarding inventory & sales? I'm hoping to either get another Case of wave 1 from Bbts, or 3 2packs (if they're still available) from TrUs, mainly for the gorillas, gotta catch up to Matt.:lol/QUOTE]
LOL, I don't know of I mentioned but I bought 4 more on Sunday which brings to a total of 15! I plan on doing a forbidden zone scene to go along with my diorama. Has anyone seen a horse toy by Beyer called show jumping horse? I bought one on Wal-Mart.com it was 18.99 same price as a ape fig from the pics it looks good it says 1:12 scale so I guess ill see if the scale is right with the fig. Here's the ling for you guys to check it out.Walmart: Classics Show Jumping Play Set

Wow, 15 2packs? :thud:

I'm not sure but I think we need 1:10th scale for these figures. Let us know if the horse works or is on the small side.

Another thing I keep forgetting, what ever happened to the Ape Bugle Neca showed us? Do you think the Television 2 pack will have it? I hope they give us an ape flag, doubtful now but would be very welcomed.

I met and spoke to Randy at NY Comic Con back in October about the then-proposed gorilla army 2-pack. He said that to keep the cost low, he couldn't include all the accessories including the bandoliers and the bugle. I told him at the time that the bandoliers were one of the most important accessories in the set and that if you had to omit something, it should be one of the two snare catchers but he wasn't convinced.

Who knows, we may see the bugle yet. It seems that in each series there is at least one gorilla soldier variant. The next is Aldo, after that a gorilla TV series 2-pack with "II" and "V" white stripes. Originally it was going to be a gorilla TV series 3-pack with the addition of the "M" white stripe included. Then, we have Urko.

If the line ever goes to Series 5 and beyond, another gorilla soldier variant would be included as a cost-cutting, low re-tooling strategy. We still haven't seen a hunt leader with the gylths on his bandolier. That figure would be ideal with a bugle. Another variant that comes to mind would be a gorilla with a side pistol holster (the one that shot Brent in the arm in Beneath). So as long as the line survives, gorilla soldier variants will be made and a good chance the bugle may show up along with a whip and a net.

Any word yet if Neca is going to do humans like slave Taylor, slave Brent and Nova?

I also love to see masked and unmasked mutants from Beneath the Planet of the Apes.

Has anybody here pre-ordered the lawgiver yet? I want to get 2 of them and I saw only 1700 will be made, I saw a few places that have it for 54.99 I think I saw. I was seeing if anyone has done a preorder and from where?

Back