NECA - Planet of the Apes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally picked up General Ursus and my girlfriend bought me another General so he'll be staying in the packaging. I went to my TRU and I cleaned the rest of the classic line. Bought another 2 pack and the last Dr. Zaius V2 which I have to say looks much better in hand than the crappy prototype pics. My Ape army is growing! I still need Zira but hopefully I'll get her soon. I have the Lawgiver on order and can't wait for that. Again I hope this line continues. I'm excited for Series 3 and excited for the TV Apes but praying for a Taylor and some Human Slaves even Nova. Also want Escape Apeonauts Cornelius, Zira and Dr.Milo. The Apeonauts are my most wanted actually. I hope Neca continues the line so we at least get a good chunk of characters from the films and TV series. As for now I'm playing catch up and all I need is Zira.

Has anybody here pre-ordered the lawgiver yet? I want to get 2 of them and I saw only 1700 will be made, I saw a few places that have it for 54.99 I think I saw. I was seeing if anyone has done a preorder and from where?

I have 2 at Entertainment Earth and 2 with BbTs. Who ever gets it first, gets my money.

Whats 3/8?

image.jpg

I'll be saving some cash for the 8th. Still need to buy Zira and may pick up some more Gorilla's and another Zaius.

That's the spirit! Even though I have been so tempted in buying more gorillas now, I am waiting and praying that there will be some 2packs still available come 3/8.

Does anyone know of any retailers that are selling ver. 1 Gorilla Soldiers, (for a reasonable cost, under $22.?) I would like to get at least 5 more without having to buy another case.

Hey guys I finally made the doomsday console for my diorama I still need to plaster it up a bit so the light doesn't shine through and still needs paint what do you guys think?

Matt, your bomb dio looks like it going to be amazing. The console looks great, can't wait to see it fully assembled and painted. Will you have it with the bomb already on the ground or will it be able to be reflect the bomb prior to the gorillas bringing it down. Would be cool if you could have a few gorillas actually climbing it, while other gorillas are securing their rope lines. And a little hollow backing at the bomb's base for some dry ice and fog effect. All you need now is a Prisoner Taylor, Slave Brent, and Mutant Leader!! Looking forward to updated pictures, great job!

The Dio rocks! I just took some pics of some of my Apes today. Going to make some promos also to spread the word for Ape Day. Pics will be uploaded soon and posted around. Keep the line alive!

That's the spirit! Even though I have been so tempted in buying more gorillas now, I am waiting and praying that there will be some 2packs still available come 3/8.

Does anyone know of any retailers that are selling ver. 1 Gorilla Soldiers, (for a reasonable cost, under $22.?) I would like to get at least 5 more without having to buy another case.

I haven't seen the ver.1 Gorilla go for about under $22. It's priced at $25 and above from what I've seen sadly. I only own 1 but wouldn't mind picking up another even though I love the 2 pack sculpts much more.

Thanks sticks! Funny thing you say is I bought a fog machine about a month ago for this project. It was fairly cheap 30 bucks at party city. And also for the BOMB I've drilled a hole so I can pose the BOMB in the ground and take shots like that as well as with it all the way up. For that ill need to put something there to support it. I put a tube at the end of the fog machine to run up the hole to give that look of the BOMB smoking should look pretty epic. I will have some sort of a roof part and pry gonna drill some hooks into it so I can hang string to have the gorillas climbing up. Here's another pic!

Alright guys here's the first promo I made for Ape Day. Will be spreading it around now! let's keep the line alive!

Ryan

nx28bc.gif

Thanks stickman! The March is on! I will be taking some more photos today to make more promos for Ape Day. I want the line to survive. It's my favorite at the moment so let the Apes survive!

I have some questions, "Why is series 3 on hold? I see every toy revealed at toy fair already up for pre-order. Won't this delay only hurt the line further? The long periods between releases usually is not a good thing, as humans get bored quickly leaving potential customers to simply move on. Neca already has promo shots and box art ready for this wave, so what is halting taking pre-orders? We were told that at least wave 3 was a go, or am I mistaken?"

I was thinking the same thing sticks it seems like the wave is usually out every 4 months in between the first one came out late July. Then wave 2 Nov. So series 3 is hopefully, due for March release! I think series 3 will do good in sales all figures are amazing! So let's hope we see in come march. March for the apes!!!

Back