NECA fans, do you have a dream license?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love NECA to obtaining the Clint Eastwood likeness for some of his most popular movies like Dirty Harry and The Man with No Name trilogy. Imagine a 1/4 scale "Blondie" figure from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly! Wow!

I'd also love if NECA could produce Batman figures from the Nolan movies.

I believe both licenses would be huge financial gains for NECA. Ask me 4 years ago if I'd have shelves full of amazing Alien, Predator, and Terminator figures in 6, 12, and 24 inch scale and I would have said no. So anything is possible given the right motivation and monetary gains for NECA.
Here's hoping ...

Laughs the guy who loves that overrated Drive movie. :p

:dunnoDrive is a great movie. How is it overrated? And yes you are going to get laughed at if Short Circuit is your "dream license." :rotfl

Short Circuit is childhood memories for me hence one of my dream licences, there is virtually nothing on the market and those robot designs are really cool.

Drive = overly stylistic feel with a flat ass story..yawnfest.

Nova Robotics Robot Replica> Gay scorpion ****** jacket

Short Circuit is childhood memories for me hence one of my dream licences, there is virtually nothing on the market and those robot designs are really cool.

Drive = overly stylistic feel with a flat ass story..yawnfest.

Nova Robotics Robot Replica> Gay scorpion ****** jacket

You wonder why?:lol

Stylistic arthouse (extremely violent) action with a great story > Short circuit

A grown ass man that watches Short Circuit. :lol :rotfl :lol

You wonder why?:lol

Stylistic arthouse (extremely violent) action with a great story > Short circuit

A grown ass man that watches Short Circuit. :lol :rotfl :lol

A grown ass man on a toy forum just like you?..what point are you trying to make?..you dedicated your space on here to the most overrated movie of 2011, Ryan Gosling is boring and was especially boring in that boring movie called Drive.

This pretty much sums up Drive..
https://whatculture.com/film/why-drive-is-the-moster-overrated-film-of-2011.php

Short Circuit is very much a family movie sure and its not the greatest family movie but, the robotics were fantastic and quite believable in these flicks and i like the design hence it is a dream licence i would love to see Neca do, with how many 80's licences they have going right now,great sculpting(especially on non human characters) and with a decent price point and being able to milk one mold and retool it slightly it is perfect for this licence.

Last edited:
A grown ass man on a toy forum just like you?..what point are you trying to make?..you dedicated your space on here to the most overrated movie of 2011, Ryan Gosling is boring and was especially boring in that boring movie called Drive.

This pretty much sums up Drive..
https://whatculture.com/film/why-drive-is-the-moster-overrated-film-of-2011.php

If Short Circuit is your dream license, you will get laughed at.:lol

The point Im trying to make is how your hating on one of the best movies of 2011, and saying it's "overly stylistic" and "boring" yet you think Short circuit :)lol) is badass. You can't even manage to have an opinion of your own, you base what you think off of 'internet articles.' The same exact thing happened in the HT Man of Steel thread, you told everyone to read an article as to convince us why Cavill looks like the gay kid from Star Wars.

I do think Short Circuit is collectible-worthy. He's the robot ET and there is an ET line. I wouldn't buy it but if ET has a line why shouldn't Short Circuit.

Short Circuit FTW! "No disassemble." I truly hope that we'll get one somewhere down the road. I saw a video on youtube awhile back with a custom. It was called Robot V, but I think there was only a hundred or so made.

Yup, i believe there was a angry red eye variant as well but, these were too pricey for a figure with such limited articulation and soft sculpted detailing.

I do think Short Circuit is collectible-worthy. He's the robot ET and there is an ET line. I wouldn't buy it but if ET has a line why shouldn't Short Circuit.

I just find it odd that out of all the great movies out there, Short Circuit would be on the top of someones list. It's almost insulting to all of the good movies that haven't gotten figures yet. I thought this thread had to do with dream licenses...........oh wait.

If Short Circuit is your dream license, you will get laughed at.:lol

The point Im trying to make is how your hating on one of the best movies of 2011, and saying it's "overly stylistic" and "boring" yet you think Short circuit :)lol) is badass. You can't even manage to have an opinion of your own, you base what you think off of 'internet articles.' The same exact thing happened in the HT Man of Steel thread, you told everyone to read an article as to convince us why Cavill looks like the gay kid from Star Wars.

Yes, the Nova Robotics design in Short Circuit i very much like and want those on my shelf but, i would never be caught wearing a cheap shiny cream colour scorpion coat that looks like the liner out of a real jacket. XD

I just find it odd that out of all the great movies out there, Short Circuit would be on the top of someones list. It's almost insulting to all of the good movies that haven't gotten figures yet. I thought this thread had to do with dream licenses...........oh wait.

Read the thread title bai!!!, really has nothing to do with the movie itself though, i remember back in the 80's it was well recieved amongst the kids i knew.

Yes, part of the dream of wanting one so bad is because in SC2 we see scaled versions being made and sold, something i always wanted as a kid but, there was nothing made ever, hopefully soon this wish comes true.

Almost every licence suggested in here so far, we've seen figures from these licences already(maybe not certain characters suggested sure)..they are great choices but, i personally want something that has never been done before..Blade Runner figures would be another line i'd love to see Neca do.

Last edited:
Neca actualy has some pretty solid liscenses, and some fairly amazing sculpting.

My dream for neca?

I'd love to see them jump feet first into the 1/6th scale collectors market.

Johnny 5 would make a cool figure.

Since Mattel is so incompetent, I'd like to see NECA score a Batman license or two.

Speaking of Mattel's incompetence... Ghostbusters. I'd like to see NECA finally do the main four.

I agree about 7" Burton/Nolan Batman and The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings.

Escape From New York

They did say they're interested in this license.

Oh yeah, I know NECA could make better Ghostbusters figures.

And I could see a Snake Plissken after their Terminator and Rocky figures. It'd be cool.

I want NECA to keep making Terminator figures.

I'd also like to see a Quentin Tarantino line. Every series could be an assortment of characters from his films.

I'd also like to see Johnny 5 from Short Circuit.

2000ad. But only if they'd do some of the more "niche" characters, not just dredd or rogue trooper, or strontium dog etc. i want sinister dexter, slain and finn. Something super posable. I'd hope threeA would do them, but the chances seem slim as hell.

... walking Dead

tumblr_loet9qrm1N1qg9fn3.gif

Back