NECA ET Replica Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I basically butchered my E.T. LOL! Cut his arms off and chopped off his head. I shortened the neck a bit and stuck his head back on, I really like this thing but I gotta say... It's really cheap and the paint apps are awful. I think for the money they could have put more into the aesthetics. Down the road, I will more than likely repaint him.

And for those wondering, He is basically made of a ridged foam and he has a latex shell (skin). His head is supported by a plastic pipe.

Cant wait for mine, in the description it says almost life size,, hope he will be big enough to be considered as a life size figure!

I have been looking at photos from the movie to compare. It really is hard to tell how under scaled it is. It seems pretty close. I will be able to assess better once mine comes.

Hahahahhaa! I've had such a blast catching up with this thread! :rotfl

@Gruson, so sorry to hear about your ET though. :ohbfrank:
I hope the replacement comes soon.

Mine came today! Daaang that's a big box! I think the finger is a little better than I expected it to be. It's a reddish-orange rather than fire truck red, lol.

He has lovely eyes! I jimmy-rigged some little wedges to place under his feet so he looks up a little more so I can enjoy his expression. :lol

I'm soooo happy with him! I only worry about keeping him in good condition, it feels like a nerf football, like if you squeeze him too much he will start to crack and flake.

He smells kinda funny though, heh heh, I hope it dissipates with time.

IMG_20130904_134746_716.jpg

Anniversary Plush ET says, "Hmmmm, I dunno about this...."

Nice! Yeah the smell does go away it takes a while, though. Careful with his finger because too much moving or bending causes it to crack some.

Thanks for sharing!

A still photo from the nanny cam.... Oh mercy, this guy is going to increase my food bill! :panic:

Last edited:
I have been looking at photos from the movie to compare. It really is hard to tell how under scaled it is. It seems pretty close. I will be able to assess better once mine comes.

Yeah, I would say he is noticeably under-sized. The promo pics of him and a kid hugging him makes him look bigger than he really is, to me.

That being said, you can't really get anything else this size so I am totally okay with it.

@Kuwahara, I love the bike set up! Excellent display! :love

Glad to hear the smell goes away, I have all the windows open trying to air him out, rofl. :thud:

I guess it's time to watch the movie again, lol.

So I basically butchered my E.T. LOL! Cut his arms off and chopped off his head. I shortened the neck a bit and stuck his head back on, I really like this thing but I gotta say... It's really cheap and the paint apps are awful. I think for the money they could have put more into the aesthetics. Down the road, I will more than likely repaint him.

And for those wondering, He is basically made of a ridged foam and he has a latex shell (skin). His head is supported by a plastic pipe.

Holy crap, that's friggin' EPIC!!!

I still want one off these.

:clap:clap:clap:yess::yess::yess: Now that is super cool! Thanks for sharing your E.T. Photos!

I need to find the right type of white blanket for this haha. Mine comes early next week.

I used a white hospital blanket. I would try to find one big enough to fold a few times to give it shape, or maybe 2 of them together. I might get another and use both together for a better, fuller look.

Where did you find the bike so similar to the one in the movie? That certainly is dedication right there. What size flower pot did you go with? And where did you find the fake daisies with the leaves on them?

I bought a white knit blanket off amazon for $8 to drape over him like in the movie.

Its funny this discussion of his scale. If you look at the movie, ET on the bicycle looks MUCH smaller than the ET throughout the movie. The scale of the NECA figure is one I am definitely happy with.

Last edited:
These pics are great
Looking forward to getting mine

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

Where did you find the bike so similar to the one in the movie? That certainly is dedication right there. What size flower pot did you go with? And where did you find the fake daisies with the leaves on them?

I bought a white knit blanket off amazon for $8 to drape over him like in the movie.

Its funny this discussion of his scale. If you look at the movie, ET on the bicycle looks MUCH smaller than the ET throughout the movie. The scale of the NECA figure is one I am definitely happy with.

Yeah, he is most definitely big enough. I agree the one used on the bike in the movie was smaller or at least shorter.

A few years ago I was heavily into vintage BMX restoration. I picked up my 1982 Kuwahara KYZ from the internet and sent it out to get custom powdercoated to look like Elliot's bike. However, the bike used in the movie was a Kuwahara KZ-1, very similar but does not have a looptail. Finding the milk crate was the hard part, but luckily found it on ebay. Not sure what size the pot is, I found it at Home Depot and picked out the size I thought would be appropriately sized for E.T. and/or Gurtie to hold. The fake Daisies I stumbled upon at my local Dollar Store.

got mine, pretty happy with it. the size is big enough. the paint & over all execution can be better, but for the price Im not complaining.
te5yby5e.jpg

ja7enypu.jpg

Back