NECA ET Replica Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ha! That's exactly the same idea i just had :)

It is brilliant. I just keep looking at him. He has such a nice expression on him. In terms of paint, the eyes aren't great, but nothing I can't fix myself. Very pleased.

1452171_10152998627127925_666879324_n.jpg

i made my girlfriend teach him this :

" these are toys ... Little men "
this is Greedo . . and then , this is Hammerhead.
you see, this is Walrus man,,,
and then this is Snaggetooth . . ..

And this is Lando Calrissian. see??.. and this is Boba Fett.

Look . They can even Have wars ... Look at this

Was surprised to see that NECA released a scaled down replica of the full size stunt puppet. Seemed to be made out of the same material and was housed in a clear plastic bag. My FYE had about 6 of them for $34.99 each.

Anyone else's got two circular indentations on the back of his head?

Mine does too, it never really struck me as an issue, it just looked like formations on his head shape. They seem purposefully blended in.

After having this guy for a couple months, I still love it! I see them all over the malls now which makes it feel a little less special though haha.

Mine is getting thirsty! Does anyone know exactly what kind of coors can and oz. was used in the movie?

Anyone else still having issues with the smell? It seems on particularly humid or warm days my office smells of latex. Anyone have any remedies for this?

Fortunately no problem here, my E.T.'s latex smell has gone away. I do however have one if those air fresheners (ones design for smaller rooms) in the room, one that eliminate pet smells and that has helped out. Kind of costly, though, they are about 15.00 plug ins that plug in to an outlet and comes with filters; word of advise, they are a little loud but I close this room with it on and then when I get home open the room and turn it off. That may help you as your E.T. Takes time to lose its smell over time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fortunately no problem here, my E.T.'s latex smell has gone away. I do however have one if those air fresheners (ones design for smaller rooms) in the room, one that eliminate pet smells and that has helped out. Kind of costly, though, they are about 15.00 plug ins that plug in to an outlet and comes with filters; word of advise, they are a little loud but I close this room with it on and then when I get home open the room and turn it off. That may help you as your E.T. Takes time to lose its smell over time.

I may just need to air out the room too, I dunno if I have done that really since I got it. I still thoroughly enjoy the piece though. it is certainly a conversation starter.

I may just need to air out the room too, I dunno if I have done that really since I got it. I still thoroughly enjoy the piece though. it is certainly a conversation starter.

Yeah, when I got him I put him next to a window (not directly as to not expose him to sunlight) and kept the window open for about a week so that may have helped too. I noticed that after a week of having him in my opened window room he wasn't as smelly. So, perhaps that and the combination of the air freshner later on has helped because I don't smell him at all unless, of course, if I go over and put my nose on him. Good luck!

I juz got it and i love it alot.. Only fear is how long will it last before the latex starts peeling and cracking. I put it in a acrylic case display in a room without any sunlight.. The illusive concept yoda released way back in 1994, many have rot off, but there are some i see currently selling on ebay are still in immaculate condition!

My question is: How long do latex props last with good care before they started to deteriorate?? What are the longest latex props/mask you guys have that is still in great condition today?? I have heard some movie latex mask/props from the 1980s and they still looks great today!!

Last edited:
I juz got it and i love it alot.. Only fear is how long will it last before the latex starts peeling and cracking. I put it in a acrylic case display in a room without any sunlight.. The illusive concept yoda released in way back in 1994, many have rot off, but there are some i see seling on ebay are still in immaculate condition!

My question is: How long do latex props last with good care before they started to deteriorate?? What are the longest latex props/mask you guys have that is still in great condition today?? I have heard some movie latex mask/props from the 1980s and they still looks great today!!

I cannot speak from my own experience, but as long as it it kept in a relatively dry and consistent environment it should last a long time. This ET in my opinion won't have too many issues, it is solidly constructed, and the latex has been heavily treated. The skin layer is also pretty thick.

I cannot speak from my own experience, but as long as it it kept in a relatively dry and consistent environment it should last a long time. This ET in my opinion won't have too many issues, it is solidly constructed, and the latex has been heavily treated. The skin layer is also pretty thick.

My thoughts exactly! This E.T skin seems hard, thick and looks to be in a much better quality compared to some latex mask/props i have seen. The only issue i foresee is the head or neck cracking and breaking off in future due to all the weight of it's head leaning forward and being heavily built.

The same damn thing.. Just like how they put a shirt and glasses on the first brown gremlin mohawk and released it as 'Brain'

The same damn thing.. Just like how they put a shirt and glasses on the first brown gremlin mohawk and released it as 'Brain'

No doubt about that. Lazy buts at Neca! It be a lot more interesting if they at least change the pose. At this rate just go to a thrift store and find clothes for your original E.T. to replicate the look you want.

Mine is still awesome- love scaring my wife with him!

Back