NECA ET Replica Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a ton Jra!
Also made an unboxing video, hope you guys will enjoy it

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzkGJyEIYOA&hd=1[/ame]

I just got mine last Thursday. Everyone at work gathered around me to see me unboxing it LOL... They all wanted a picture with him... He's absolutely stunning.

Great video!

Ok. I think I neeeed this thing. Just having trouble with the fact that it is latex and will likely degrade over time. Someone ease my mind and convince me either way!!??

The latex is Relatively thick. I personally believe it would take a VERY long time to show any sign of wear. Before I got this I expected the skin to be very thin. Instead it seems thick and the seams are also very strong. For the $250 you have got to go for it!

Great video!

Ok. I think I neeeed this thing. Just having trouble with the fact that it is latex and will likely degrade over time. Someone ease my mind and convince me either way!!??

Dude don't worry about that stuff, all our collectibles will out-live us and this one is well made and sturdy and will stand the test of time-as long as you take care of it and treated like a high end collectible. So get and it enjoy it,then, pass it on to your kids.

Moreover, this one will last because it is a combination of latex and other materials? I have this Gizmo that is 100% latex and I can tell that it won't last very long because he is very delicate;in fact, he is cracking already and I just got him. Regardless, this E.T. is 1000% better made than my Gizmo. My opinion again, get him! I think you will be pleasantly surprise of how sturdy he is, and you will enjoy having one of the greatest pop culture movie icon ever created! Enough said :wave

The latex is Relatively thick. I personally believe it would take a VERY long time to show any sign of wear. Before I got this I expected the skin to be very thin. Instead it seems thick and the seams are also very strong. For the $250 you have got to go for it!

Dude don't worry about that stuff, all our collectibles will out-live us and this one is well made and sturdy and will stand the test of time-as long as you take care of it and treated like a high end collectible. So get and it enjoy it,then, pass it on to your kids.

Moreover, this one will last because it is a combination of latex and other materials? I have this Gizmo that is 100% latex and I can tell that it won't last very long because he is very delicate;in fact, he is cracking already and I just got him. Regardless, this E.T. is 1000% better made than my Gizmo. My opinion again, get him! I think you will be pleasantly surprise of how sturdy he is, and you will enjoy having one of the greatest pop culture movie icon ever created! Enough said :wave

Thanks for your opinions, guys. I think I'm gonna go for it! :hi5:

I also think the foam is a hybrid material. ET's skin doesnt seem typical to that of a latex mask. It is thicker and not flexible at all. If you dont go pushing the skin in I think it will hold up its shape for a really long time. If mine did crack many years own the road, I could always get it repainted.

The temptation is there for a repaint... however I do not have the skills myself. And right now I cannot afford for someone to paint this huge thing up, and ship it back and forth haha.

Thank you guys for the compliments on the video! I'm still that excited every time I see him haha, such an amazing piece!

Got mine today!
It really is cool!
But it looks a little sloppy in some places where the seams are joined. Does anyone else's look like this? I chose some of the more extreme examples. Maybe a little bit of sanding and some touch up paint would fix it?
Overall it is awesome!

Last one! This one is behind the arm.

Yeah mine has its own imperfections, but I am not sure if it is as bad as that... or maybe I just never looked!

I never walked into this one expecting a 100% flawless rendition. Given its price tag I gave it some leeway. I do not think I have the loose little "skin tags" on mine though that yours has.

Got mine today!
It really is cool!
But it looks a little sloppy in some places where the seams are joined. Does anyone else's look like this? I chose some of the more extreme examples. Maybe a little bit of sanding and some touch up paint would fix it?
Overall it is awesome!

Same here, it's to be expected unfortunately from Neca. The stunt puppet Gremlins had the same thing too, of course, some more than others. Glad you are enjoying yours :clap.

I was only asking to make sure that mine wasnt an exception. I am happy with the quality vs cost.
Wonder if i can lightly sand some of that off and blend the seams a bit.
Gotta paint over that orange finger too!

Back