NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a McFarlane 7inch figure which is still on display too. I thought that I would have packed him away when I got the NECA versions but he is still here.

His paintjob is better. Weaker sculpt though.

You think?

I personally thought NECA blows that one away in every way. It was funny because I paid a high price for my McFarlane one via eBay a few years ago prior to getting the NECA ones and not long after that I had seen him go for as high as £50-60.

Most of my McFarlane figure have aged horribly.

Yeah most McFarlanes aren't looking too good nowadays. The only ones I have displayed now are their Robocop, Alien Queen (only because there's no alternative yet), Movie Maniacs 4 T-800 (with NECA head) and MM4 T-1000 (no one else has made the exploded pretzel man T-1000). Everything else is in my junk box to eventually either be given away or sold if possible.

I have from McFarlane -

Michael Myers (my first figure as an adult collector), Predator 2, AVP Celtic Predator, Robocop, Candyman, Freddy, Leatherface, Ghostface and I think that is it but they are all still on display or what is left of them. :lol

And to think that I used to say to myself at one point that these were as good as it got. :slap

Yeah most McFarlanes aren't looking too good nowadays. The only ones I have displayed now are their Robocop, Alien Queen (only because there's no alternative yet), Movie Maniacs 4 T-800 (with NECA head) and MM4 T-1000 (no one else has made the exploded pretzel man T-1000). Everything else is in my junk box to eventually either be given away or sold if possible.

candyman & wishmaster are still cool!

Just got my ED209. Size is better than i thought...only slighly smallyer than the old horizon kit. The blue metallic paint is a bit weird since i always thought its color scheme is grayish white. The left leg is hard as hell to extend and shorten (is there a trick or just brute force)?

Overall i rate this a buy

I thought it was tiny after having the HT one all these years. Only natural I suppose. Love it though, so great to have after all these years. I can't believe McFarlane could make the Matrix APU but couldn't make ED-209.

Yep. These are my last remaining ''big'un'' wants from NECA:

Battle damaged ED-209
Alien Queen (to at last remove that horrible McFarlane version from my sight)
Powerloader (with generic female head on Ripley body if necessary, people would still recognise it)

No the blown up left arm from when Robocop makes him shoot himself :D

Incidentally there's no toy ED-209 so far that could even come close to doing that. I wonder was that a cheat in the film.

I've always loved my McF Queen! Haha. Course I can't wait to replace it with NECA's. :p

I've always loved my McF Queen! Haha. Course I can't wait to replace it with NECA's. :p

Mine is discoloured and covered in dust which is impossible to remove at this point. And I've always hated the pose they sculpted it in, to say nothing of the inaccuracy. I would keep the cocooned colonist part but I'd probably junk the Queen figure itself, I don't even have any nostalgia attached to it.

Yeah the pose isn't the best but mine's still in pretty good shape. The shoulder ball joints broke in both arms but I fixed 'em.

I'm definitely keeping the base to use with the new Queen. :D

No the blown up left arm from when Robocop makes him shoot himself :D

Incidentally there's no toy ED-209 so far that could even come close to doing that. I wonder was that a cheat in the film.

Yeah. I think it was Phil Tippett that addressed the fact that it was impossible, and they cheated by having the shoulder with the disconnected arm out of frame. Was in one of the "Making of" documentaries on one of the DVDs.

I received mine yesterday. Very impressed on how it turned out. I'm thinking I might pickup another one to display at my office at work.

Has anyone got this in the UK yet? I keep going to my local store expecting it to be there but nothing as yet??

Back