NECA - ED-209

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my series 11 Preds are in the Loot, now I'm just waiting on ED to arrive at BBTS. It's going to feel like a very late Christmas gift to myself :D

BD ED-209 maybe. And maybe they 'lied' about full BD Robocop and Cain, wouldn't be a first.

Or it could just be more useless gimmicky crap like glow in the dark or computer game versions.

BD ED-209 maybe. And maybe they 'lied' about full BD Robocop and Cain, wouldn't be a first.

Or it could just be more useless gimmicky crap like glow in the dark or computer game versions.

Well when NECA refers to 'Deluxe' versions, this usually means slightly bigger figures than their usual standard affair figures. I really can't think of what else they could do. Just ED209 legs? lol

Deluxe means either Battle Damaged ED 209, they just have to create an alternate rigth arm half destroyed and reuse the rest of the sculpt (common practice at NECA) or a Cain Robot.

I vote for the Cain. They can do it.

Considering Randy said they won't do Cain on several occasions, my guess would be that they'll show either a Robo with a jetpack and gun arm or a magenta ED-209 (if the regular version does well) to go with the blue Nintendo Robocop NECA revealed a couple months back.

If the sales were really good for ED they may have reconsidered their stance on Cain. Its the most likely the Jetpack IMO. That's half a Robocop reuse right there.

Last edited:
Randy said in an interview a couple months ago that he was only interested in the original '87 Robo. I figure Cain would be the only exception to that but my guess is something with a full Murphy head sculpt. Hopefully 1/4 scale.

It would be really awesome if we are getting a Alex Murphy (police officer) OR Luis OOOORRRRR Clarence Boddicker figure! although most likely it is a PINK Ed-209 Like S. Griffin said... OR its a pair of Ed-209 legs... that comes with a un-helmeted version of Robo! :D

To me I see it being a Robocop vs. ED-209 (fully BD, legs and all) two pack. We all know how NECA love to reuse them parts again.

I'm hoping that it is Cain though. :pray:

They need to release a Clarence Boddicker but I'm guessing likeness right and other issues will prevent it from happening. I'm pretty sure Randy wouldn't do anything past Robocop 1. He said multiple times that only Robocop 87 is the one hes willing to do. I wouldn't mind if they made an OCP dioarama for sale, like the one seen at SDCC. But my bet is probably a 1/4 Robocop with spring loaded holster or Ed-209 repaint but I don't know how much of a demand there is for that, unless it looks amazing.

To me I see it being a Robocop vs. ED-209 (fully BD, legs and all) two pack. We all know how NECA love to reuse them parts again.

I'm hoping that it is Cain though. :pray:

Yep a 2 pack both battle damaged is a strong possibility: is Robocop 1987 and reused parts with few changes and new paint scheme

Back