NECA Dark Knight Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nailed the likeness! May I say better than EB's effort?

Ummm.... Absolutely not! not even close. Once this thing hits production the paint will be sloppy and be a horrible rendition. Comparing this to the Enterbay Joker head is insanity.

Consider the sculpting of the hair. There is no way NECA will nail that. Enterbay has a very high level of detail in sculpt and in paint. There isn't even a slim chance I would be considering swapping my Enterbay head for this. Did anyone not see how NECA's recent Thor, Superman and Iron man (unmasked) turned out?

Last edited:
The point I was trying to articulate is that there is just no comparison. It may have something to do with mr.fan saying that the portrait on this is even better than Enterbay's.

Well you never really specified which scale. You seemed to only indicate company, character and quality. Besides, I think there's a pretty huge leap between the DX 11 and DC Direct from 2008. :lol

This vs. the Enterbay? Hard to say. We need to see it in 1/4 to know. I've seen pics of the NECA Keaton Batman along side high end 1/4 product and it really doesn't look too out of place other than the paint on the face. I was never really impressed with Enterbay's Joker (not to mention I'm not terribly impressed with 1/4 scale to begin with). Batman is the only one that wowed me, mostly out of the headsculpts for the cowl. If I had their Joker though, I would probably still get this (if the final product doesn't look bad).

It's not like collectors haven't bought multiples of the same character and scale before. Unless this turns out like their awful MoS Superman, I think what we're getting for 80 bucks is pretty good. My only quibble is the pattern on the collar for the hexagon undershirt. I think they could do a better job there.

113-650x431.jpg

215-650x431.jpg

2-12-531x800.jpg

2-22-531x800.jpg

Looks pretty great. Until I can afford a proper 1/4 joker this effort will have a place on my shelf. Obviously not HT or Enterbay quality but that's fine. Was really hoping we'd see the Arkham Origins 1/4 Bats at Toy Fair. Guess not.

agreed. Still want to see a VG Joker represented in 1/6 and 1/4. The thing I'm even more disappointed about is there isn't a 1/6 or 1/4 representation of Capullo's new 52 Joker.

Looks pretty great. Until I can afford a proper 1/4 joker this effort will have a place on my shelf. Obviously not HT or Enterbay quality but that's fine. Was really hoping we'd see the Arkham Origins 1/4 Bats at Toy Fair. Guess not.

They showed it. Go to the video game section.

The point I was trying to articulate is that there is just no comparison. It may have something to do with mr.fan saying that the portrait on this is even better than Enterbay's.

There actually is a comparison though.

- They're both 1/4 scale
- Heath Ledger Joker in his classic purple outfit
- one is $400 the other, $80

jokervsjoker.jpg

It's not like the NECA version looks like these,

review_matteldkjoker_5.jpg

I like it,I would like to see some side profile shots but from these pics it looks pretty good

There actually is a comparison though.

- They're both 1/4 scale
- Heath Ledger Joker in his classic purple outfit
- one is $400 the other, $80

jokervsjoker.jpg

Even though I'm not a fan of the EB Joker, I still think it has the best hair style out of any joker figure I've seen from any company...and that includes NECA.

the coat is throwing it off a little. Looks like it needs to be a tad longer.

It looks good though

Your wish is granted! :rock

This looks really good. If the paint turns out half way decent I'll definitely pick this up.

They showed it. Go to the video game section.

Thanks guys. Didn't see it in the DC thread. Back OT I think the value is great but the NECa figures are really worth it on armored figures like Bats and Ironman but the sculpted clothes do make it look more toy than collectible. Still getting this as I can't afford the EB

I am curious, though, with all of the people screaming about "quality," which is the more accurate sculpt with the paint stripped off. I think the argument that "NECA's paint apps are nothing compared to Enterbay's" is a bit flawed, for the simple fact that paint isn't the only factor. End of the day, you can paint a piece of **** gold, and it's still a piece of ****, but, if you paint a piece of gold brown...well, you get my point. I'm not implying that the EB's a piece of ****, it's not. However, while it's a decent sculpt, it's not perfect, but the "look down our noses at NECA" stuff makes me cringe.

I am curious, though, with all of the people screaming about "quality," which is the more accurate sculpt with the paint stripped off. I think the argument that "NECA's paint apps are nothing compared to Enterbay's" is a bit flawed, for the simple fact that paint isn't the only factor. End of the day, you can paint a piece of **** gold, and it's still a piece of ****, but, if you paint a piece of gold brown...well, you get my point. I'm not implying that the EB's a piece of ****, it's not. However, while it's a decent sculpt, it's not perfect, but the "look down our noses at NECA" stuff makes me cringe.

:goodpost:

Agreed.. I think until we see the finished product, its a bit harsh to run this figure down on what it 'might' look like, as though that was a certainty.. some of the other NECA final product, head sculpts have been disappointing.. but because of the amount of makeup involved with this one, I'm hopeful that it's not going to be a problem.

I was never a fan of the EB sculpt. I think this is better. The paint is bad, but that's not a surprise. Cost of the figure has nothing to do with which has a more accurate sculpt. :dunno

The overcoat does look a bit short to me.

Back