NECA Dark Knight Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Suit looks nice for moulded plastic, likeness is pretty good but I feel that it's going to get ruined by factory paint. Worried it's going to come out looking very toylike

Il be the first to admit I cringed a little when I heard they were doing this but that is pretty good. The head sculpt looks great.

I think this looks great. It'll definitely be a nice companion piece to the '89 Batman figure. I just hope the mass produced paint applications don't **** it up. This is probably their most complex figure yet in terms of paint and different colors.

However, seeing that 12" scale, I can't help but thing how much cooler these would be in 7" scale. I know NECA can't do it since DCD and Mattel glommed up on those rights, but I could see this Joker, Keaton Batman, Adam West Bats, etc. making wonderful 7" scale figures.

The Mattel Movie Masters doesn't really cut it.

Yeah I know what you mean about the Movie Masters. The TDKR Movie Masters is when I started collecting stuff and I at first I thought they looked great. I hadn't really looked at what other companies were doing and I could only remember the stuff I used to own as a child which makes the Movie Masters look good. However after collecting a lot of NECA stuff, I look back at my Movie Master collection with disappointment.

eh... if this is the prototype I'll bet the facotory paint is going bomb plus it's currently 1/6 and they are going to blow it up to 1/4 so yeah definite pass.

When they first came out in 2008 they were fine. Batman, the Joker, the thug are still in my collection and I dig them for the novelty value. But they're really kind of cheap looking (which is a shame, because there's some solid sculpts under there.. NECA would do a much better job with 7" figures, especially in the detail/paint department

2mgw6u1.jpg

Sculpt is spot on. Probably one of the best mass market sculpts. I hope the hair looks just as good. And no PERS. I think that help with the likeness.

I see what you're saying, at the risk of sounding like a complete ****** I have to say that these really aren't Marketed towards most collectors who already own Hot Toys and Enterbay stuff already. To me they seem like the next best thing you can get if you don't want to shell out the money. Felt the same way about their Predator line.

LOL and @ El Gato... I don't think you need to worry about Pers... because it's definitely not in the budget.

As far as the Sculpt goes it looks like DX01 with really bad hair. The hair on this should be finer... it looks a glop of yarn.

When they first came out in 2008 they were fine. Batman, the Joker, the thug are still in my collection and I dig them for the novelty value. But they're really kind of cheap looking (which is a shame, because there's some solid sculpts under there.. NECA would do a much better job with 7" figures, especially in the detail/paint department

They're still pretty good for being mass market but yeah they have some sort of cheap look to them. I really loved the bat signal. I have this strange fascination with bat signals that actually work. Some sculpts are better than others. A lot of people seemed to complain about the regular Joker but I thought that one was one of the better pieces.

I would have loved for NECA to do a BTAS 7inch line but I'm glad DCC got it instead of Mattel. NECA just announced a Predator vehicle for the 7inch stuff. I could only imagine NECA making a BTAS Batmobile to go with the line... Maybe one day. Hopefully DCC makes vehicles in the long run too.

NECA would do a much better job with 7" figures, especially in the detail/paint department

Unfortunately they can't make them. But DC Collectibles probably can. I'm hoping they will make some 7" figures from the Burton and Nolan films some day.

I see what you're saying, at the risk of sounding like a complete ****** I have to say that these really aren't Marketed towards most collectors who already own Hot Toys and Enterbay stuff already. To me they seem like the next best thing you can get if you don't want to shell out the money. Felt the same way about their Predator line.

LOL and @ El Gato... I don't think you need to worry about Pers... because it's definitely not in the budget.

As far as the Sculpt goes it looks like DX01 with really bad hair. The hair on this should be finer... it looks a glop of yarn.

I have multiples of the Hot Toys DX 09 Batman. I still bought NECA's 1/4 '89 Keaton Batman. I have all the Hot Toys T1 and T2 Terminator figures, still bought the NECA ones. Enterbay T-800, different lines of Robocop, Predator, etc.

Unfortunately they can't make them. But DC Collectibles probably can. I'm hoping they will make some 7" figures from the Burton and Nolan films some day.

Yeah. I think Randy said on twitter that they tried but couldn't obtain it.

Judging by NECA's Alien, Predator, Terminator, and Robocop lines as well as their Batman film/tv show/game 1/4 figures, I think they'd do one helluva a job with 7" Burton and Nolan film characters. Imagine them side by side with DCD's BTAS and TNBA line.

I have multiples of the Hot Toys DX 09 Batman. I still bought NECA's 1/4 '89 Keaton Batman. I have all the Hot Toys T1 and T2 Terminator figures, still bought the NECA ones. Enterbay T-800, different lines of Robocop, Predator, etc.
The high end companies never released a 1/4 keaton so it's understandable. but If you have a 1/4 enterbay ledger... whats the novelty behind getting one of these?

thats like owning a DX11 Joker and then buying a DC Direct TDK Joker...

I think NECA TODAY using their new articulation would do a great job with 7'' inch Batman figures, but back in 2008? I don't think so, mainly because of the lack of articulation. Look at most of the older NECA figures, even the Terminator figures lack articulation below the waist, making them 7'' inch statues, rather than fully poseable action figures. So I was happy with the mattel line for that reason.

The high end companies never released a 1/4 keaton so it's understandable. but If you have a 1/4 enterbay ledger... whats the novelty behind getting one of these?

thats like owning a DX11 Joker and then buying a DC Direct TDK Joker...

Well you never really specified which scale. You seemed to only indicate company, character and quality. Besides, I think there's a pretty huge leap between the DX 11 and DC Direct from 2008. :lol

This vs. the Enterbay? Hard to say. We need to see it in 1/4 to know. I've seen pics of the NECA Keaton Batman along side high end 1/4 product and it really doesn't look too out of place other than the paint on the face. I was never really impressed with Enterbay's Joker (not to mention I'm not terribly impressed with 1/4 scale to begin with). Batman is the only one that wowed me, mostly out of the headsculpts for the cowl. If I had their Joker though, I would probably still get this (if the final product doesn't look bad).

It's not like collectors haven't bought multiples of the same character and scale before. Unless this turns out like their awful MoS Superman, I think what we're getting for 80 bucks is pretty good. My only quibble is the pattern on the collar for the hexagon undershirt. I think they could do a better job there.

Back