NECA Alien & Predator Exclusive 2-pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcfarlane's set still looks way better. i mean c'mon neca... use your imagination. am i supposed to put both figures standing still, facing each other? neca really needs to work on their poses. sculpt's not bad, paint's improving, but the poses are the most boring you'll ever find on action figures.

Now see...I COMPLETELY disagree.

I can put NECA's figures into a pose.

If I take McF's figures out of their SCULPTED pose...they start to look ridiculous.

I'd rather have a neutral pose and multiple poa's.

NECA's figs fit the bill perfectly for me. :yess:

mcfarlane's set still looks way better. i mean c'mon neca... use your imagination. am i supposed to put both figures standing still, facing each other? neca really needs to work on their poses. sculpt's not bad, paint's improving, but the poses are the most boring you'll ever find on action figures.

As Sabres said. Did you miss the fact that these figures have much more (and more useful) articulation than the McFarlane figures? You can pick a pose of your choice as opposed to the one pose you're stuck with on McFarlanes. Even better there are no standout compromises on the aesthetics of the sculpt with all this added articulation.

I just unpacked my old McF MM5 set and decided to give it to my kids, son underwhelming is the experience after having set-up NECA's Classic Predator and Alien facing each other.
The accuracy, poseability and paint apps are so much better that I really had no wish to keep McF's any more.
Not saying I hate them, but it just didn't seem to make any sense to me to keep them anymore.

I'm keeping them for historical purposes...well I'm keeping them because I never sell anything but even if I did my McFarlanes would be kept.

The MMV is a decent looking figure even if not accurate. The dreads are stupid looking thats all. No I find the P2 and the AvPs have become more dated wiith their bizarre body proportions and the P2's dreads being even worse than MMVs. Why McFarlane clumped the dreads like that and made them so ridiculously short I can't fathom.

Can't wait till Neca's P2.

Oh, I've still got mine.

Best thing McF ever put out.

But NECA tops it...imho.

(so NO arguing...just my opinion!)

the McFarlane eggs are the right size... for AVP. they even came with the AVP face huggers. i suspect HT did the same thing. either they don't know the difference or they think collectors don't know the difference.

You are correct...and incorrect at the same time. The eggs are the right size, considering the egg is what...3 feet tall, the Alien is 8 feet, and the Predator is 7 feet...seems correct.

However, those arent the AvP eggs, or AvP huggers because those figures were made before AvP started Pre-Production. So....

Now see...I COMPLETELY disagree.

I can put NECA's figures into a pose.

If I take McF's figures out of their SCULPTED pose...they start to look ridiculous.

I'd rather have a neutral pose and multiple poa's.

NECA's figs fit the bill perfectly for me. :yess:

As Sabres said. Did you miss the fact that these figures have much more (and more useful) articulation than the McFarlane figures? You can pick a pose of your choice as opposed to the one pose you're stuck with on McFarlanes. Even better there are no standout compromises on the aesthetics of the sculpt with all this added articulation.
well, we can all agree to disagree. for me, neca's articulation is useless... cos they can't stand at the end of the day unless they stood straight and they look silly otherwise. i'm not saying mcfarlane's figures have the flexibility of being posed differently, but i'm quite happy with their default poses. they look far more dynamic. i guess that's because mcfarlane comes from the business of making comics, they're more in-tune with capturing dynamic action in still form.

neca is a pure action figure manufacturer... they're more concerned with function, but unfortunately in balancing sculpt with articulation, they can't give us something in the likes of say marvel legends. which is why i believe a default pose is always very important. take a look at their latest predators... they all look the same - dry, static. it's the same thing with most of their cult classics figures. compare them with mcfarlane's movie maniacs and their spawn line. technology aside since they were made a long time ago, they're still far more visually interesting.

Well then we're lucky that we've gotten both approaches. If there are those who still love the McFarlane one and even feel its better as a display piece, power to them. However I think most people would have been annoyed if NECA also went with a sculpted-in pose. Personally while I always liked McFarlane's one I still wished I could have a P1 predator that could stand up straight.

well, we can all agree to disagree. for me, neca's articulation is useless... cos they can't stand at the end of the day unless they stood straight and they look silly otherwise. i'm not saying mcfarlane's figures have the flexibility of being posed differently, but i'm quite happy with their default poses. they look far more dynamic. i guess that's because mcfarlane comes from the business of making comics, they're more in-tune with capturing dynamic action in still form.

neca is a pure action figure manufacturer... they're more concerned with function, but unfortunately in balancing sculpt with articulation, they can't give us something in the likes of say marvel legends. which is why i believe a default pose is always very important. take a look at their latest predators... they all look the same - dry, static. it's the same thing with most of their cult classics figures. compare them with mcfarlane's movie maniacs and their spawn line. technology aside since they were made a long time ago, they're still far more visually interesting.

Wow, that is very odd... I can get very natural looking, dynamic poses from both Predator and Alien.
If I have time tonight I'll try to take a few pics to illustrate the point, however you can find lots of pics of both figures in these forums.

Like others said the Mcfarlane figures can only archive basically one pose...You can't pose them too much because they can't stand they own legs and the hole thing starting to look awkward if you change the pose. I had several Mcfarlane figure and I had problem with almost all of them. If you want static and visually interesting poses than go with the statues. No offense to you of course I just don't agree with you on that matter. You can make interesting and nice poses with the Neca Predators IMO.

By Todd McFarlane's own admission, his figures were never really meant to be poseable - they were small, cheap statues. Check out his slot on the AVP DVD extras.

Wow, that is very odd... I can get very natural looking, dynamic poses from both Predator and Alien.
If I have time tonight I'll try to take a few pics to illustrate the point, however you can find lots of pics of both figures in these forums.

I know, there's a ton of stuff you can do with them and have them look fine... Certainly not "silly" :rotfl

Please excuse the poor flash photography and busy background, but I just wanted to showcase the pose I have mine in right now:

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

Both figures stand fine unaided on or off the McFarlane base. Neither is leaning on anything in the base or plugged into the foot pegs.

The predator pose looks very cool, the alien could be a little more "active" though - maybe raise it's tail up or make it bend forward or backward with that cool torso joint!

except you can put the NECA figures in the same pose as the McF toys. hence the point of articulation. by your thinking, the Kenner toys were "dynamic" because they were sculpted to only be in one pose. if you can't get dynamic poses out of the NECA preds it's only because of a lack of imagination, rather than articulation.

Please excuse the poor flash photography and busy background, but I just wanted to showcase the pose I have mine in right now:

DSC02837.jpg

DSC02838.jpg

Both figures stand fine unaided on or off the McFarlane base. Neither is leaning on anything in the base or plugged into the foot pegs.

looks awesome!
and to think some people find posing hot toys figures hard, believe it or not :lol

except you can put the NECA figures in the same pose as the McF toys. hence the point of articulation. by your thinking, the Kenner toys were "dynamic" because they were sculpted to only be in one pose. if you can't get dynamic poses out of the NECA preds it's only because of a lack of imagination, rather than articulation.

000_0001-12.jpg

000_0011-15.jpg

000_0012-13.jpg

000_0014-9.jpg

000_0015-7.jpg

000_0016-9.jpg

Mine certainly can achieve good poses! :cuckoo: :exactly:

Back