NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see you followed up and got confirmation that they still have Tom Skerrit's likeness rights. I think that might aswell be confirmation of a Nostromo Dallas. With other things he has said it definitely seems like we can expect more than just another Big Chap (still hate that name but everyone's using it so....)

'es a proper big chap, gov'na, innit!

I don’t think it matters what you call it. Kane’s Son, Giger’s Alien, Big Chap. It’s just a name. Same with Yautja. I don’t get the hangups some people have over names.

Yes....it has been my entire focus in this thread since it began. It's all I can think about. That was no mere incidental comment on my part.

That was meant as more of a blanket statement. It’s just surprising how many people bring up the nomenclature issue with these sci-fi properties.

I don’t think it matters what you call it. Kane’s Son, Giger’s Alien, Big Chap. It’s just a name. Same with Yautja. I don’t get the hangups some people have over names.
Hearing someone say “yautja” is a pretty good indication that the speaker didn’t get stuffed into enough lockers in school.

Since Randy was a bit slow with producing anything Aliens related (Drake anyone?) I've got myself some time and money to send out majority of my aliens line to the painter. Guess what happed next?

Finally a good bishop repaint:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsND4VhHESj/
Quite frankly I was shocked that underneath it all it was a damn good sculpt. It was the paintjob that made it the ugliest figure in the line.

A repaint of James Cameron, gotta give some props to the man himself:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BsOF4pinSa_/

Other marines are still in the oven.

I really hope Captain Dallas in his Nostromo suit gets made. I'm a big Tom Skerritt fan and though we have a Funko Dallas figure. Funko figures are nice, but for the longest time, even since Hot Toys we got Dallas in his spacesuit and then NECA had Dallas in his Spacesuit..I wanted to see Dallas released in his Nostromo outfit with Tom Skerritt likeness. I hope this happens, it would be awesome!!

I’m surprised the whole Nostromo crew hasn’t been made already. I’d think a chestbursting Kane would also be a no-brainer.

And Ian Holm's.

The Nostromo crew are probably the equivalent of Burke and Bishop for the Aliens line which are automatically less toyetic than the Marines because of their relatively ordinary clothes and lack of gun-use. However those did get made which makes me eternally hopeful for human characters in this franchise...well, the first two films.

Meanwhile on twitter Ultimate Dog Alien just got a 'maybe'. Not sure what that would offer although if I could throw in an idea - alternate head with blood covered mouth region. But no more ****ing open eggs and facehuggers please.

Honestly at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they just repackaged the same figure from before without any alternate anything and just called it "Ultimate." Maybe they'll throw in some facehuggers or an open egg to justify the extra cost, but probably just "ultimate" packaging.

Well, except for the whole issue with John Hurt's likeness rights.
Seems to be a trend for Neca. We still don’t have an entire cast of the Special Forces team from P1 and we’re still missing a few faces from Aliens. As much as Alien is praised though, I’m just amazed there hasn’t been more progress by Neca.

Seems to be a trend for Neca. We still don’t have an entire cast of the Special Forces team from P1 and we’re still missing a few faces from Aliens. As much as Alien is praised though, I’m just amazed there hasn’t been more progress by Neca.

Well in that individual case, it was a trend for everyone. Hurt would not sell the rights for his likeness to anyone, save Character Options for a Doctor Who figure, but I think that may have actually been included in his contract, so it probably doesn't count. But everyone from Hot Toys to NECA to Funko had to find creative ways to make Kane.

As far as the rest of the team from Predator, three are out (Ventura, Weathers, Landham) and the others...who knows?

I think if you star in any Hollywood film, they should own the rights to use your likeness. Seems like a whole lot of trouble to go through to try and please fans. Fans of the work these actors put forth. Ironic.

Who else has made multiple versions of Dutch and any Hawkins figure at all, let alone one with the actor likeness there? Who else has made fully licensed Ripley, Hicks, Hudson, Vasquez, Frost, Bishop, Burke and Newt? Does anyone else have a licensed Drake in the works as NECA does right now? Who else made official T-800, T-1000, Sarah Connor AND now John Connor for T2? Hot Toys stopped short of the latter and only crappy third party figures are available for John. NECA also made a 1984 Kyle Reese for T1 - we've been begging for that from Hot Toys for years and they don't give a ***t.

This isn't even a fanboy post - it's just the facts.

Of course there's more they could do but already they've vastly exceeded any company for these licenses and there's no reason to think they'll stop now. We just can't have everything. And of what we can have we can't have it all at once because they have to budget for it.

Asking Hot Toys for anything from these franchises is a joke. It just falls on deaf ears, since it’s not Marvel, DC or Star Wars.

Don’t get me wrong, I love all three of those worlds, but come on man. They’re making characters I never thought they’d even give a second thought... yet we still don’t have a Big Chap 2.0, barely have a decent Ripley and aren’t getting hardly any Preds anymore.

I get what you’re saying. I guess my expectations, since I drift in and out of collecting certain smaller scale stuff, were that they’d be farther along than they are, with some of these films.

Oh I agree absolutely about Hot Toys - they're a lost cause now for Aliens & Robots. They throw the odd bone here and there but otherwise they've moved past their original fanbase.

With NECA it's just that they have to pace these things and decide what they can afford and when. And of course they want us to still be buying their stuff for years to come so they can stay in their jobs. Thus, for them, giving us everything we want right now would be a bad idea.

Back