NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harrigan is a better example I think. They've been trying to get Carl Weathers on board, he just won't play ball. But requests for Harrigan have been met with an outright 'no' for some reason.

Harrigan is a better example I think. They've been trying to get Carl Weathers on board, he just won't play ball. But requests for Harrigan have been met with an outright 'no' for some reason.

Dillon is an Alien 3 character, and one of the mains, so it is a fantastic example. Also, it was a personal example, so :pfft:
Harrigan is, however, a great example for a different but related line, since he's the hero from Predator 2, which is a line that has plenty of Predator figures no humans. And from what I recall, since I was definitely one of the people who asked for him on twitter before Randy **** blocked me, his reason was that he doesn't buy Danny Glover as somebody who could go toe to toe with a Predator and he thinks he's boring (paraphrasing).

Hah, I thought you were talking about Dillon from Predator :slap It all makes sense now.

Him calling Harrigan 'boring' is a bit insulting when you consider those Preacher figures that predictably failed at retail. At least Harrigan can have an assortment of guns.

Harrigan is perfect for NECA to re-purpose and re-paint... different colored button-up shirts from different acts of the movie, with flak jacket and weapons from the slaughterhouse, with battle damaged shirt and smartdisc, covered in dust at the end of the movie, the Sega Genesis version like my avatar. They like figures that they can do different variants of and milk for all they're worth.

They made 100 variants of every Predator from that movie and the skull trophy case diorama from the ship where the final battle happens, but not the lead star. It's weird and petty at this point.

Exactly, there's quite a lot of potential with Harrigan. Having said all this, Randy was saying no to T2 John for a long time and now he's being made so I won't give up hope.

Exactly, there's quite a lot of potential with Harrigan. Having said all this, Randy was saying no to T2 John for a long time and now he's being made so I won't give up hope.

Is he actually being made? Where was that said? Got a screen cap of a tweet or a link to an interview or something?

They made 100 variants of every Predator from that movie and the skull trophy case diorama from the ship where the final battle happens, but not the lead star. It's weird and petty at this point.

It is kind of petty. Like I've said, it seems to be much more of a personal thing than "kids don't sell," like with John Connor. The guy in charge does not like the character.

Last edited:
Unlike most people here, I actually like A4 quite a bit and I'm excited to see the new Ripley. I think she looks great. Good accessories too.
The movie was impregnated with a french style, perhaps that's why people wouldn't enjoy it. I only hated the presence of Winona, but her performance was decent enough.

Is he actually being made? Where was that said? Got a screen cap of a tweet or a link to an interview or something?

John Connor? Surely you can't have missed him at SDCC during the summer....

SDCC-2018-NECA-Horror-and-Sci-Fi-065.jpg

It is kind of petty. Like I've said, it seems to be much more of a personal thing than "kids don't sell," like with John Connor. The guy in charge does not like the character.

With other characters I might agree with him but I just think he's wrong about Harrigan. OK he won't be a major seller but with the Predator 2 name on the box he'd do no worse than some of the actor-licensed characters released from Alien or Aliens. I think he underestimates the popularity of Predator 2 with Predator fans.

Last edited:
John Connor? Surely you can't have missed him at SDCC during the summer....

View attachment 437260

No, I actually completely forgot, but putting out a prototype and even a "coming ____" card doesn't necessarily mean they're making and releasing a figure. I'm still waiting on Greta from Gremlins 2, although I'm sure John Connor will be released some time before that figure.

No, I actually completely forgot, but putting out a prototype and even a "coming ____" card doesn't necessarily mean they're making and releasing a figure. I'm still waiting on Greta from Gremlins 2, although I'm sure John Connor will be released some time before that figure.

I don't think NECA will pull a Hot Toys with this one, he'll come out.

Damn somehow I totally missed this! We’re finally getting him, how awesome is that!! I think the proto looks fantastic. Did they say if he was going to be a con exclusive or something like that?

They haven't given us much info about him except he'll be out in 2019 - I'm guessing widespread release and not an exclusive.

God, I love that Resurrection Warrior. Definitely pick and choose what I like from that film and jettison the rest. I always wondered what Whedon's original script would've looked like if it was Newt that was brought back, and not Ripley...

i wonder why they needed to make that very visible seam on newborn head.
interchangeable faces maybe?

God, I love that Resurrection Warrior. Definitely pick and choose what I like from that film and jettison the rest. I always wondered what Whedon's original script would've looked like if it was Newt that was brought back, and not Ripley...

I don't particularly like any of it but since I bought AvP figures a need of completism has kicked in - for the sake of thanking NECA for continuing to make figures from this franchise where Hot Toys holds the 1:6 licenses but makes ****-all.

Back