NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's a 3 figure wave - so that's going to be Ripley, Alien and Newborn.

well then, looks like I just get Ripley from that series! The xenos and newborn are among my least fave things of that movie....

Reckon I'll skip it altogether and take advantage of the gap to either save or get a few backlog things I want from Aliens and Terminator.

necamorph 038.jpg

First part of my Alien Covenant order arrived today. They’ve done a fantastic job on the eggs/facehuggers in this set and probably my favourite item from the covenant wave.

I really hope there is a Call in the Resurrection wave....

It would be cool if they gave us Call as we rarely get female droids in a toy line but I do not think they got Winona Ryder to sign off on her appearance fee for one, plus as many already said its a movie Randy does not like so we are only mainly getting one wave and done. But hey, if fans love it and they let them know they want more from Resurrection stranger things have happened. I mean look at Alien 3. We got the one wave initially but down the line we are getting that articulated dog alien and the creature pack.

It would be cool if they gave us Call as we rarely get female droids in a toy line but I do not think they got Winona Ryder to sign off on her appearance fee for one.

like 90% sure that they have most if not all the actor's likeness rights for Resurrection, since the movie came out at a time when this was more standard practice all the rights are included with the movie license.

Also sure Randy has personally confirmed they have Ryders likeness in a tweet from a couple years back - would be in my re-tweets somewhere.

Neca wouldn't have to pursue actors / actresses for Resurrection but like everyone else is saying there's still little to no chance of them being made.

like 90% sure that they have most if not all the actor's likeness rights for Resurrection, since the movie came out at a time when this was more standard practice all the rights are included with the movie license.

Also sure Randy has personally confirmed they have Ryders likeness in a tweet from a couple years back - would be in my re-tweets somewhere.

Neca wouldn't have to pursue actors / actresses for Resurrection but like everyone else is saying there's still little to no chance of them being made.

I remember Randy saying somerhing like the likeness rights for call were already there too. It would be cool but i seriously doubt they would ever make her.

I don't think they needed to pursue Edward Furlong for his likeness either but John Connor aint happening. They do give preferential treatment to Aliens but that probably won't extend to Alien Resurrection unless sales defy anyone's expectations.

I don't think they needed to pursue Edward Furlong for his likeness either but John Connor aint happening. They do give preferential treatment to Aliens but that probably won't extend to Alien Resurrection unless sales defy anyone's expectations.

Very sad but very true! I don't get it as many others don't either but i still think at some point the will.

Had same problem with the jaw, heat it up real good and bend it and hold. Repeat if necessary worked for me

Hey Zuckuss, just like to say many thanks for the tip. I've manged to realign the jaw & teeth using some tweezers and the ancient art of the hairdryer, and it's now pretty much perfect. Unfortunately I did manage to crack the dome slightly, however the way it's gone makes it look like wetness glistening on the dome, so it's oddly worked out OK. I also managed to reattach the ball joint on the Neomorph & it now works fine, so happy days! For sculpt & articulation these are probably the best NECA Aliens yet. Thanks once again :)

Hey Zuckuss, just like to say many thanks for the tip. I've manged to realign the jaw & teeth using some tweezers and the ancient art of the hairdryer, and it's now pretty much perfect. Unfortunately I did manage to crack the dome slightly, however the way it's gone makes it look like wetness glistening on the dome, so it's oddly worked out OK. I also managed to reattach the ball joint on the Neomorph & it now works fine, so happy days! For sculpt & articulation these are probably the best NECA Aliens yet. Thanks once again :)
Did the heat crack the dome? Just curious..
I'm glad it worked for u, it's a miracle worker

Did the heat crack the dome? Just curious..
I'm glad it worked for u, it's a miracle worker

No, the dome actually cracked when I tried moving the head. The head was initially very stiff, I was careful but just heard this crinckleing sound and voila! As I said you can't realy see the crack and it loks more like wetness than anything else, so all's good. The figure really is something else though. I've currently got it in a spider-crawl pose and it look's awesome. Tempted to pick up another.

Very cool pic!

Thanks man!

I ordered a couple of the covenant egg sets to stand in for Alien eggs until we get those and now that I have the first set put in the display case I think I have too many coming :lol They’re huge!

DLaKPCJXkAE1gdp.jpg

Got my Hadleys Hope 2 pack today and here are my impressions, let me start off by saying i do appreciate getting this set and very happy to have it, so much so i bought 2 sets - but....

1st the alien. Very nice figure since it is on the new warrior body and the paint is good. Both of mine had some seperation from the dome and the skull on the figure's right side, this seems to be the norm lately with the domed aliens. 1 lower leg was warped but other than that everything else was good.

The sign. Very cool and a bigger piece than i thought it would be - no complaints.

Now on to Burke! The headsculpt is good and the expression suits him imo. As for the rest of the figure neca pretty much mailed it in, by that i mean there were a lot of corners cut that show and things that don't make sense to me. If they need to reuse parts from other figures to offer obscure or lesser characters as figures that's fine with me but their choice of what was reused could have been better.

- I read that the lower body was a reuse of a Freddy figure, not sure if that's true but the wrinkles, the waste and the bottom of the pants just don't look right or good for Burke. I'd have to find pictures from the movie but the figure looks like he's wearing pants way too long for him. The boots look good but the pant legs limit movement.

- the shirt is painted well but it is unfinished around the waste where it just goes white and where the sleeves meet the shoulder you can see flesh colored paint where the shirt just stops. The vest hides this so not that big of a deal to me. The vest is good.

- articulation is limited at the head and ankles because of clothing and it can be hard to get him to stand.

- i sure don't remember Burke being fat in the movie but he has a bit of a gut on the figure and his legs look a little squat so again if neca just reused parts from other figures i'm not sure why they chose the figures they did.

This sounds bad but i am glad we got this set made, it seems like with many of neca's figures lately we are forced to settle with whatever they do even if its lazy or has qc issues, of course this isn't the case with all the figures but it's just the norm on many and accepted by most of us i quess. They are the only player in town and they have gone deep into the line so even it this sounds negative i'm glad they are still turning out new characters this far in.

Now on to Burke! The headsculpt is good and the expression suits him imo. As for the rest of the figure neca pretty much mailed it in, by that i mean there were a lot of corners cut that show and things that don't make sense to me. If they need to reuse parts from other figures to offer obscure or lesser characters as figures that's fine with me but their choice of what was reused could have been better.

- I read that the lower body was a reuse of a Freddy figure, not sure if that's true but the wrinkles, the waste and the bottom of the pants just don't look right or good for Burke. I'd have to find pictures from the movie but the figure looks like he's wearing pants way too long for him. The boots look good but the pant legs limit movement.

vlcsnap-2017-10-06-23h33m55s193 (Small).jpg

...that they would do that. Although I'm not sure why I'm surprised :lol

Thanks for the thoughts. I haven't gotten mine yet, haven't been sure whether to order from the NECA ebaystore and cancel my current order with BBTS or just wait..I might get hit by customs with the BBTS order but the cost of ordering 3 of them from the ebaystore isn't looking any more appealing.

Is there anyone who has bought the NECA Marine Arsenal accessory Set who would like to swap the Helmet for more Weapon Fire Extensions. As I have a few extensions but haven't used them in my display, but I have been wanting a helmet for my original Hicks since I bought him.

Is there anyone who has bought the Marine Arsenal accessory Set who would rather have more Gun Fire Extensions instead of the Helmet. As I have a few extensions but haven't used them in my display, but I have been wanting a helmet for my original Hicks since I bought him.
I’m all in for Helmets

Back