NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, i received the mantis and gorilla alien today and right out of the package there is no way i can display mine standing up. The knees on both are so weak i have to have the hands, knees, feet and tail making contact on the base of my display just in order to keep them from falling over. From every indication these are actual legit Neca figs and not bootlegs. Is everybody else having the same issues with their mantis & gorilla?

Attachments

• 20170802_180508.jpg
    20170802_180508.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 97
Ok, i received the mantis and gorilla alien today and right out of the package there is no way i can display mine standing up. The knees on both are so weak i have to have the hands, knees, feet and tail making contact on the base of my display just in order to keep them from falling over. From every indication these are actual legit Neca figs and not bootlegs. Is everybody else having the same issues with their mantis & gorilla?

I think thats a fairly common issue with thise two figures unfortunately.

I'm not sure you ever even get a good look at her face when she's in the spacesuit. Whereas there's many notable scenes in her regular Nostromo fatigues where she was scared as **** - the chestburst scene, the Dallas death scene and her own death scene.

Well said, thinking about it this makes good sense for this character.

However alot have complained about not getting a neutral expression for Hudson. This is kinda a different situation though.

Guess we just can't have it all

not the point! :pfft: no one would remember it anyway!
*sobs and coils snot*

:lol No one will remember I said it either. Just like people don't remember that anyone already made the ''57 years'' joke in the Hot Toys Ripley thread and it gets repeated again and again.

But anyway, I believe you. And it's a good point. If anyone customises a Nostromo Lambert the best that head will be for is a kind of 'cast photo' scenario. For the most notable scenes in the actual movie that hysterical scared expression would have been a better choice.

The thing with Hudson is that although he was the Lambert of the second film he also had many prominent scenes where the Game Over Man head just doesn't work. So ideally for him there would also be a neutral head. I hope one day they'll give us that.

Stopped by an FYE the other day that was closing and all action figures were 50% off. They had an Aliens 3 Ripley and I just couldn't justify her even at 50 off, NECA botched that version pretty badly.

:lol No one will remember I said it either.
i like griping!

tumblr_kxdvxq8pwk1qzzzy9o1_500.jpg

sorry, back to the topic.
i believe that Alice and slikkerias will modify the heads immediately, and we will all sit and envy them :lol

Not a peep from Randy in a while, i wonder if he's been getting negative feedback from the Alien(s) & Predator line after SDCC and is laying low/ignoring us?

Talking about things said before I'm sure this has been;
It's cool and everything that Neca is giving us this second head for Lambert but it really is just confirming we'll likely never get a proper Lambert.

I take back my comment that we might eventually see Parker, Brett and other minor characters from this franchise just because we got Burke. Aliens movie will be the clear exception to this rule - and I think Randy likes the idea of really fleshing out this movie in particular to pretty much create the most fulfilled lineup of Aliens movie figures we're (ever?) going to see.

I had to check but Lambert is 3 per case, with Kenner being 5 and Defiance being 6.
A normal case is 5+5+4

Regarding the recent prometheus wave I too hope Randy doesn't try to compare - Shaw should sell well because she is a great figure, the rest not so much... Vickers has an absolutely pants barbie doll likeness I felt bad sending out this figure to loyal customers and Fifield... well to be fair there's not much wrong but is just one of those figures that isn't going to sell.

Not a peep from Randy in a while, i wonder if he's been getting negative feedback from the Alien(s) & Predator line after SDCC and is laying low/ignoring us?

Most likely taking a break from the madness of SDCC. Doubt it's anything to do with negative feedback.

my Lambert and defisomething alien are in my country, woohoo!
i wonder if i'll be happy to get them or will just mark it as "mission accomplished" though.

Glad to complete the trio.
(also wholeheartedly agree with P and A-dev. I really wish they had swapped expressions)

20170802_200651.jpg

I had to check but Lambert is 3 per case, with Kenner being 5 and Defiance being 6.
A normal case is 5+5+4

Hmm I wonder if there's two different case assortments then? The one I saw opened up at Toys R US yesterday only had 2 Lamberts for sure.

Hmm I wonder if there's two different case assortments then? The one I saw opened up at Toys R US yesterday only had 2 Lamberts for sure.

That is strange should definitely be 3 per case, was the case still sealed when they were taken out of the box? or could 1 unit have been taken out some point prior to what you saw?

From a seller's perspective we've been told the contents and it's 3 Lamberts - I haven't opened up a case myself though so I cannot be 100% sure.

Only 2 Lamberts sounds really poor though - finding it hard to believe they'd manufacture it for only 2 per case. Also means they'd have to up the quantity for Defiance and Kenner figures - which i'd have thought would be risky considering sales potential isn't that great for any of them?

Back