NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I try not to whine all that much about what's being produced and what's not. I know, or at least hope, that all these iterations of figures whether I like them or not increases the chances of getting figures I do want. I too, do not care for the Kenner stuff, but if producing those continues the life of the line so be it.

I do hope I didn't come across as belittling or calling anyone out for ''whining'' - I hate when threads devolve into negativity policing and people complaining about complainers. I only sought to say to those who are annoyed by a certain thing - ''OK but look - Randy said X is coming and then he said Y is coming after that so everything is not lost''. Many are very happy to see 2 highly requested variants of existing licensed characters, but if you're not - no problem - because it sounds like good news is still to come.

Randy mentioned something in the works for a couple years is happening, a real game changer for the aliens line. So, do you think they finally got Al Matthews to give his likeness for Apone? Either way 2 character debuts along with ops Vas and Ripley in bomber plus the hadleys hope sign is a very good year by itself, plus throw in a lot of warriors! Epic year for Aliens fans.

a-dev, I'm not a consistent contributor to this site but I know that your comments aren't meant to incite. I was kind of whining, but that's kind of the extent of my whining. NECA can release 30 Vasquez I'll survive.

I dont see much whining in this thread, we usually just vent a little. I know i appreciate hearing from all fellow collectors here so its all good to me.

Took my 8 year old son to a comic-con today, trying to get him into Aliens. He really lucked out. Queen Alien, damaged box....$20. I'm jealous. I'll wait until he goes to bed and I'll play with it. He got Frost too...

Picking up Ripley and the blue BD warrior for sure, Vas is a maybe. (if I see her in store I'll probably give in)

Randy mentioned something in the works for a couple years is happening, a real game changer for the aliens line. So, do you think they finally got Al Matthews to give his likeness for Apone? Either way 2 character debuts along with ops Vas and Ripley in bomber plus the hadleys hope sign is a very good year by itself, plus throw in a lot of warriors! Epic year for Aliens fans.

Apone would be a nice get, I can't think of anyone else it would be.

Saw this on NECA's twitter:

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/878705514045206528

@NECA_TOYS 4h4 hours ago

NECA Retweeted
We've done all that we have rights for from Aliens. Most we've had to pursue on our & make individual deals w talent.

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Is there a list of actor/characters from ALIENS that can be done that you can utter in public?

If i remember right when neca started the aliens line they only had the rights to Hicks and Hudson.

Randy mentioned something in the works for a couple years is happening, a real game changer for the aliens line. So, do you think they finally got Al Matthews to give his likeness for Apone?
I too think that's who he's referring to with his 'game changer' comment.
And, now that we've seen series 12 and have some new hints about the remaining 3 figures, I think I'll amend my guesses from last weekend about what characters will fill slots 5, 6, and 7 to see if I should quit my day job to become a psychic:lol

My predictions from last week (not bad!)
Regarding all the upcoming ALIENS figures, even if I keep my expectations super low, I think we're guaranteed to at least get 3 new figures in the mix. I'll speculate the following:
Wave 12 will contain figures 1 through 4 and will be:
1) Ripley (Bomber Jacket w/ swap-out jumpsuit arms ) - so really, for most of us, that will be like getting 2 new figures
2) new marine (most likely Drake? but I'd prefer one of the lesser knowns, since there will always be high demand for Drake and Apone)
3) Battle Damaged xeno v.1 (blue version of the body blasted xeno originally released with with Hudson)
4) Battle Damaged xeno v.2 (brown version of the blasted head xeno originally released with with Hicks)
The two pack that's been more or less confirmed will contain:
5) Ops Battle Vasquez
6) Battle Damaged xeno v.3 (black, maybe with different battle damage details)
And I'm probably totally off with this one, but:
7) The Hadley's Hope sign with... either something totally awesome (cocooned colonist?), or a minor upgraded figure like black xeno or Ops Battle Hicks.
New clues are as follows:
The Hadley's Hope sign will be included in the 2-pack.
The remaining 3 figures will represent 'some character debuts', so yes, unless this was poor wording on Randy's part, then we're getting at least 2 new characters.
The 'real game changer that was 2 years in the works' comment, refers to the stand-alone figure, and not one of the figures from the 2 pack.

So, my new guesses for the Hadley's Hope 2 pack:
5) Black Xeno (newly articulated version with new battle-damaged details)
6) Drake (acid-splashed version)
I had a tough time with the above two, thinking that one will definitely be a black xeno, but whether battle-damaged or not is uncertain, and if it's not battle-damaged it could be paired with just about anyone, but I'm sticking with flame thrower wielding Drake as my guess since the inclusion of the sign will likely pull in people who might otherwise not purchase this version of his character.
And for the stand-alone 'game changer':
7) Apone - BUT I think it will be his Kenner version
Why would this be considered a 'game changer'? As we know, his likeness rights have been previously reported as challenging to obtain, and, unlike Ripley and Vasquez, Apone's Kenner version looked nothing like his on-screen counterpart, so this figure would represent new ground gained for both the Kenner line and the future of the movie offerings. In any event, whether I'm right or wrong, I'm still excited for what's to come!

Hard to know what Randy might mean with the ''game changer'' comment. I really hope it pertains to the 1:10 line and isn't going to be some experimental thing that no one was asking for.

Queen hive diorama with Ovipositor would be fantastic - although, after the Space Jockey and its scandalous shipping cost to Ireland, I fear I won't be able to buy it.

I'm not sure getting Al Matthews likeness rights would be considered a 'game changer'.

Definition of game changer
: a newly introduced element or factor that changes an existing situation or activity in a significant way

a-dev, I'm not a consistent contributor to this site but I know that your comments aren't meant to incite. I was kind of whining, but that's kind of the extent of my whining. NECA can release 30 Vasquez I'll survive.

:duff

Thanks man.

Hard to know what Randy might mean with the ''game changer'' comment. I really hope it pertains to the 1:10 line and isn't going to be some experimental thing that no one was asking for.

Queen hive diorama with Ovipositor would be fantastic - although, after the Space Jockey and its scandalous shipping cost to Ireland, I fear I won't be able to buy it.

I'm not sure getting Al Matthews likeness rights would be considered a 'game changer'.

I wouldn't consider it a game changer either, but I thought he was talking about likeness rights and not something like the Queen hive. :dunno

The Queen Ovipositor might be considered a game changer in the sense of being something bigger than they've ever released before*? And thus maybe it opens up avenues for other larger items

*the ovipositor is actually quite huge, way bigger than the Queen herself, plus you'd imagine it would have to include the supporting structures both man-made and Xenomorph-secreted (constructed?)

Whereas an actor's likeness rights wouldn't seem to affect anything else - they were already pursuing other actors...I dunno.

Yeah, the game changer comment is definitely in reference to the stand-alone release and the stand-alone release is confirmed to be a new character... unless Randy is wording things in a way to throw us all off track?

True that Apone doesn't really deserve the title of 'game changer', but as far as stand-alone characters go, the only thing that really qualifies as 'game-changing' for the ALIENS line would be getting Sigourney Weaver's likeness rights or getting likeness rights that weren't included with the license to begin with, and both have already been done, so... that leaves us with... what? A figure that simply represents good progress for the line, which Randy decided to dub 'game changing' to build more hype for it? I'd love it to be something more exciting than Apone, but I'm at a loss to think what else it could be.

The Queen Ovipositor might be considered a game changer in the sense of being something bigger than they've ever released before*? And thus maybe it opens up avenues for other larger items

*the ovipositor is actually quite huge, way bigger than the Queen herself, plus you'd imagine it would have to include the supporting structures both man-made and Xenomorph-secreted (constructed?)

Whereas an actor's likeness rights wouldn't seem to affect anything else - they were already pursuing other actors...I dunno.

When you put it like that, having a Queen hive set would indeed be a game changer since as you said, its huge but also if its a hit would pave the way for more bigger and expensive items down the line. If people are willing to shell out for such a huge item such as the hive play set as it were, then it would make Randy more open to getting other bigger items int the line. I certainly hope we get one in some form at least.

Back