NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd definitely buy a screen accurate NECA Alien figure.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Not sure how that likeness would scale up. Much as I love these figures the Sigourney likenesses have never been great. The best one is probably the Nostromo Ripley and that reminds as much of Bob Geldof as Weaver.

The best one is probably the Nostromo Ripley and that reminds as much of Bob Geldof as Weaver.
hqdefault.jpg

who has eyes of Benisio Del Toro, who looks like Bradd Pitt, who can remind of Chris Hemsworth(or another way around, considering their age difference)... couldn't continue the line :dunno

that particular photo looks exactly like spacesuit Ripley, i just checked :)

If we were to get a scaled up Ripley figure I'd go for the compression suit Ripley over a bomber jacket Ripley simply because the helmet hides the face more. If we got an actual 2-up sculpt rather than a blown up 1:10 sculpt I imagine it would be way more acceptable. The original Ripley sculpts were pretty good, but I think they lost a lot of the likeness when they were shrunken and painted terribly.

Well it looks like Apone is not the game changer of the series. Over on twitter Randy just said they tried and tried yet the man is unable to get held of so nothing is coming forward.

Makes me think we may be getting another vehicle or that much wanted Queen hive diorama set that could be the game changer.

I just ordered some singles of the new Ripley and Vasquez. I decided to use pile of loot on these because if I ship them together with the case of the 4 series 12 figures that I ordered last week it'll go over a certain value threshold at which I get nailed by customs.

I hope I haven't misunderstood how it all works though. Once series 12 comes into stock

A) Will I get charged for the whole lot or just my set of 4 that isn't in pile of loot?
B) If I get charged for the whole lot will they declare that total on the shipment that's going out right away - because if they do then I'd get hit by customs and the whole thing is pointless - and it'd be worse still if they declared that same total on both shipments

Last edited:
I'm not collecting this line but saw that new Ripley. Looks weird, but I can appreciate NECA doing absolutely every variant they can on each character given she's only wearing the jacket and has the pulse rifle when Hicks is showing her how to operate it.

Reading back through about the "game changer" figure and the possibility of a 1/6 alien. Does NECA even have the license for anything 1/6th scale? I thought that HT has that Aliens license all tucked away and safely locked up in a rusty filing cabinet somewhere...

Maybe HT decided to give up the license... :monkey3 :clap:blissy

It all depends on how the rights are worded. Not that it's happening, but NECA could present them as model kits in 1/6. It could be simply they were granted permission.

Vector said:
Maybe HT decided to give up the license...

Haha! Zero chance of 1/6. Hot Toys will take that to their grave.

"Game changer" really does get my hopes up for something special. Just hope it lives up to the hype.

I wouldn't call it a game changer, but I'd like to see a cocooned colonist at some point, colonist "Mary" from the film specifically, if we only get one. Corporal Dietrich (medic) would be an excellent 2-pack accompaniment with her, for that scene.
(Btw I just noticed, is it funny or a coincidence, that the medic who talks about Newt's malnutrition has the name Diet-rich? :p)

Aliens-Colonist_Mary.jpg

Another thing I'd like to see, although it's probably far too ambitious to hope for from retail, would be diorama walls that can hold/hide warriors like in the movie.

Aliens-In_the_walls.jpg

NECA-Aliens_Series_12.jpg

As thrilled as I am with the recent reveals, and I really am! Not wanting to sound ingrateful. The more I look at how excellent Vasquez's likeness is, the more I feel Ripley's is still lacking, which is a real shame. I think she's the weakest of the line.

I wish, I wish, I wish they would do an "expression pack" of head sculpt options for the line. I know this will never happen though. I'd be such a niche item, too niche :cool:. And I don't know how the licensing works for it, do they have to get ever portrait approved by the talent?
I just know they can do better. Look at what they've done with Sarah Connor, and Bruce Campbell's likeness from Ash vs the Evil Dead.

So far, I haven't seen a whole lot of repaints to show how the sculpt might shine. But I have seen these, from a guy called Michael (@mikeyofthe80s):
13741499_678174892338500_2123055860_n.jpg
12950473_554649904718221_2120691898_n.jpg
14359393_1668466520132168_7698163243772018688_n.jpg
13694343_1271087966257415_2098339734_n.jpg

"Game changer" really does get my hopes up for something special. Just hope it lives up to the hype.

I wouldn't call it a game changer, but I'd like to see a cocooned colonist at some point, colonist "Mary" from the film specifically, if we only get one. Corporal Dietrich (medic) would be an excellent 2-pack accompaniment with her, for that scene.
(Btw I just noticed, is it funny or a coincidence, that the medic who talks about Newt's malnutrition has the name Diet-rich? :p)

Another thing I'd like to see, although it's probably far too ambitious to hope for from retail, would be diorama walls that can hold/hide warriors like in the movie.

I too would like to get some cocooned colonists and diorama wall pieces. The environments in Aliens are difficult to replicate and having some prefab wall/set pieces would be awesome. I think that this is one area that NECA is or has overlooked. Such diorama pieces would be relatively easy to manufacture and would sell very well imo.

I think it may have already been mentioned before but if you get Vickers from the lost prometheus wave be extremely careful with the flamethrower. I was but it is already broke in 2 places. I contacted neca ebay and was basically told since it didnt arrive broken - sorry about your luck. For as much money as i spend on their products i expected more and let them know that so i'll see how this goes.

Back