NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll only get Vasquez from this wave. It does not look like the Ripley has a removable jacket like the Alien3 one, so I will have to see it in person to decide if I want it, but as of right now I can take it or leave it. I already own 6 of each BD Warriors, and I don't care enough about additional articulation to buy any more of them. It looks like in the promo pic they are using the old BD warriors, not the new bodies.

I don't know what the 2-pack could be, but I do wonder what the final separate figure is, and how it will be released.

One of the three might be Drake, but it seems weird to release such a demanded figure in a 2-pack or as not part of a normal wave.

Total instant preorder. Cool.

They need to make those crates and sign along with a hallway an item too.

Looks like I am back in :rotfl Def want to pick up the Vas and Ripley especially since thats how she looks through most of Aliens. Could of used a different sculpt but beggars cannot be choosers as they say. Kind of disappointed though of the unpainted zips on her jumpsuit though. Vaz though here looks dead on perfect.

As for the two drones......I never picked up the two packs they came with Hudson and Hicks and the new body articulation is tempting, but still I am not a fan of the Aliens design here, so maybe a skip for now and pick up down the road at a Con with a discount.

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 2m2 minutes ago

Before I show you the final 2 figures from Series 12 I want to confirm a Hadley's Hope 2 pack that will come w the sign. more on that soon

View attachment 349010

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 1m1 minute ago

NECA Retweeted
and just wait for Hadley's Hope 2 pack and the surprise reveal at SDCC. new figures and some character debuts!!

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Sweet! Was hoping theyd make a return, killer wave!

ICYMI there is still the Hadley's Hope 2 pack and the surprise reveal at SDCC.
3 more Aliens themed figures (some are character debuts!!)

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 17s17 seconds ago

NECA Retweeted
a real game changer that was 2 years in the works

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Nice! The surprises keep coming. I'm sure the one you're saving for SDCC is a doozy too.

I wonder what the two pack is with the sign ? The snarky thought would be more drones but it would have to be at least one new human character ? Maybe Burke and Gorman pack in ? You know, you want the sign for your dioramas but you gotta take two of these guys. If it does turn out to be Burke or Gorman included I am in.

Curious though about the game changer thats two years in the works. Any ideas guys ?

Alien egg sack diorama ? APC ? Dropship ? Full length Sulaco ?

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 2m2 minutes ago

Before I show you the final 2 figures from Series 12 I want to confirm a Hadley's Hope 2 pack that will come w the sign. more on that soon

View attachment 349010

NECA Retweeted
and just wait for Hadley's Hope 2 pack and the surprise reveal at SDCC. new figures and some character debuts!!

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Sweet! Was hoping theyd make a return, killer wave!

ICYMI there is still the Hadley's Hope 2 pack and the surprise reveal at SDCC.
3 more Aliens themed figures (some are character debuts!!)

NECA‏@NECA_TOYS 17s17 seconds ago

NECA Retweeted
a real game changer that was 2 years in the works

Replying to @NECA_TOYS
Nice! The surprises keep coming. I'm sure the one you're saving for SDCC is a doozy too.

I think I'll only get Vasquez from this wave. It does not look like the Ripley has a removable jacket like the Alien3 one, so I will have to see it in person to decide if I want it, but as of right now I can take it or leave it. I already own 6 of each BD Warriors, and I don't care enough about additional articulation to buy any more of them. It looks like in the promo pic they are using the old BD warriors, not the new bodies.

I don't know what the 2-pack could be, but I do wonder what the final separate figure is, and how it will be released.

One of the three might be Drake, but it seems weird to release such a demanded figure in a 2-pack or as not part of a normal wave.

Drake could be packed in with a less desirable figure to help it move. Classic retail 101. I just hope that they include a head swap out with his acid damaged face from before he gets into the APC.

Maybe he could come with Gorman ?

Drake could be packed in with a less desirable figure to help it move. Classic retail 101. I just hope that they include a head swap out with his acid damaged face from before he gets into the APC.

Maybe he could come with Gorman ?

I suppose it depends on which version of Drake they released first (or both at once). They can do the fully armored and smartgun-armed version as well as the stripped-down version with the flamethrower (and possibly the alternate damaged head)

The tweet does say "some are character debuts!!", so I'd imagine that two of the three figures are new human characters. I think the "game changer" he is talking about may be the acquisition of a likeness right.

I suppose it depends on which version of Drake they released first (or both at once). They can do the fully armored and smartgun-armed version as well as the stripped-down version with the flamethrower (and possibly the alternate damaged head)

The tweet does say "some are character debuts!!", so I'd imagine that two of the three figures are new human characters. I think the "game changer" he is talking about may be the acquisition of a likeness right.

Apone

I wonder what the two pack is with the sign ? The snarky thought would be more drones but it would have to be at least one new human character ? Maybe Burke and Gorman pack in ? You know, you want the sign for your dioramas but you gotta take two of these guys. If it does turn out to be Burke or Gorman included I am in.

Since the Hadley's Hope sign is a diorama piece I would like to see it as part of a cocooned colonists two pack.

Also, I think that the sign is only shown in the directors cut and the only main character to appear in those extended scenes is Newt. I suppose that they could do another Newt figure in her 80's style over sized jacket outfit along with her face hugged daddy...

Personally, I want the cocooned colonists. That two pack would make sense to me since I think that the entire Hadley's Hope extended scene was meant to generate some suspense for what happened to the colonists. In the end, I think that it was decided that the scenes actually killed the suspense.

Since the Hadley's Hope sign is a diorama piece I would like to see it as part of a cocooned colonists two pack.

Also, I think that the sign is only shown in the directors cut and the only main character to appear in those extended scenes is Newt. I suppose that they could do another Newt figure in her 80's style over sized jacket outfit along with her face hugged daddy...

Personally, I want the cocooned colonists. That two pack would make sense to me since I think that the entire Hadley's Hope extended scene was meant to generate some suspense for what happened to the colonists. In the end, I think that it was decided that the scenes actually killed the suspense.

If that was the reason they were removed I wouldn't agree with that reason at all. For me the special edition is the definitive version of the film. The colony scenes are needed to show what was lost to the Xenomorphs - the idea of the families - only mentioned in the theatrical. The special edition shows them and it makes the film that bit more grim. The aliens are truly indiscriminate. The Ripley daughter stuff added emotional oomph for her character and the sentry guns threw in some scenes of extra tension.

The theatrical cut loses so much IMO and goes by way too fast.

If that was the reason they were removed I wouldn't agree with that reason at all. For me the special edition is the definitive version of the film. The colony scenes are needed to show what was lost to the Xenomorphs - the idea of the families - only mentioned in the theatrical. The special edition shows them and it makes the film that bit more grim. The aliens are truly indiscriminate. The Ripley daughter stuff added emotional oomph for her character and the sentry guns threw in some scenes of extra tension.

The theatrical cut loses so much IMO and goes by way too fast.

I like the directors cut as well, especially the extended sentry gun scenes. I am not certain why the extended scenes where cut. I believe that I read somewhere that Cameron was told to cut some scenes in order to make the 90 minute cutoff for films of that era. The Hadley's hope and the other scenes where viewed by some as extraneous to the plot and ended up on the cutting room floor.

Man, busy day. So some slightly deeper thoughts on Vaz.

-The racal headset would have been nice for sure, but she didn't wear it as often as we might think. She really only wore it when patrolling the hallways with a tracker, when welding the doors shut, and the start of the fight in Ops. She didnt have it before then.
Vaz sling rig sml.jpg

AND once the fight rolled into the vents, it was gone.
Vaz Vents1.jpg

I can't recall if they ever showed her rip the headset off or just assume she wore it and ditched it off screen, but the fact is she spent most of the movie without it, so I am not super upset that it is missing.

-What I AM upset with are those f'n brown boots!!!! WTF is up with NECA and giving the marines brown boots?! Her boots were not even the same boots as the men wore. They were all leather and BLACK. Her boots should have been easy. All black!

-Also not thrilled they keep using the Gerber knife. Vaz had the same knife as Hicks (a much smaller 'boot knife', not the longer fighting knife). Let go of the gerber already. I know the gerber looks coolest, but even Hudson didn't have a real gerber (he had the 'explorer' brand knockoff). Vaz having that knife is not at all accurate.

-Adding the running mascara under her eyes will be a must as a 'mod'.

Still glad to see those 2 figures and here's hoping for great news (Apone and Drake?!) for SDCC

Holy just saw that new set on FB :horror

All we needed is Vasquez with the green tank top now

It's there, under her shirt. Along with the dog tags and crucifix. Made a custom where all I had to do was paint the tank top.
Got to stop wasting money making customs, the figures eventually come out.

I can't recall if they ever showed her rip the headset off or just assume she wore it and ditched it off screen, but the fact is she spent most of the movie without it, so I am not super upset that it is missing.

I looked at the film last night and you don't see her taking the headset off. In fact it seems to be gone just before she goes into the ducts as she blasts the aliens that break down the last door.

Exciting day yesterday. Now to decide on quantities/what scenes I want to represent.

The comments on ToyArk are surprisingly negative. One guy complains that it isn't a Kenner wave, he wants more made-up stuff. NECA have said that they plan on making their own version of every Kenner Alien - we've got much more certainty of that than we have of them making any given human character or variant from the movies themselves.

I don't complain about Kenner waves, I even praise them knowing that creatures (and every possible excuse to make more creatures) helps sustain the line thus continuing the opportunity for me to get stuff that I want and will buy.

The comments on ToyArk are surprisingly negative. One guy complains that it isn't a Kenner wave, he wants more made-up stuff. NECA have said that they plan on making their own version of every Kenner Alien - we've got much more certainty of that than we have of them making any given human character or variant from the movies themselves.

I don't complain about Kenner waves, I even praise them knowing that creatures (and every possible excuse to make more creatures) helps sustain the line thus continuing the opportunity for me to get stuff that I want and will buy.

I just think that 3 Vasquez figures in such a short time is ridiculously overdoing it.

Especially when we woefully lack other characters. Or, this is a good sign that she is selling well which would increase the chances of all the team being made.

A figure I really wanted is a figure I really wanted regardless of what other characters still haven't been made. Besides, he told us there will be ''some character debuts'' to be revealed soon. There is much reason to be optimistic whether you're a movies-only guy or a Kenner enthusiast. We might not get everything, but we'll get a lot more than any other company has ever made and that's the context that's informing my current positivity. Check out my performance in the Hot Toys Ripley thread for the negative side :lol

Back