NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't own the new Arcade Warrior figure, but as far as I can see from the reviews the differences between the original and the new Warrior sculpt are:

-Head and torso are the same sculpt, but appears to have better range of motion in neck and shoulders

-Upper arms remove bicep swivel, rest of sculpt and arm articulation remains the same

- Articulation added to fingers on both hands.

-Lower body sculpt and tail remains the same but as with head and shoulders, the waist joint looks to have greater range of motion.

-Leg articulation is greatly changed. Instead of only a double joint at the knee, the legs now have a swivel joint at the top of the knee, and retains the double knee articulation below that. It looks as though the height was lost at the swivel joint area at the top of the knee, the kneecap looks to be the same, but the area on the upper leg that meets the kneecap is greatly shortened compared to the original. The three "nodules" on the side of the outer legs at the knee cap reappear to retain the same position, but it looks as if there is a loss of length on the front part of the upper leg.

-Lower leg sculpt remains the same.

-Toe articulation changed, the joint is now set much more forward, only articulation is for the the forward facing toes, not the toe that sticks out to the side.

This is all going on images and video of course, so lighting and perspective may be altering the images from the actual figure in-hand as far as the actual length differences go for the legs.

That's actually an interesting change in the knee articulation.
But, I have no need for a pink alien, so...
I have a feeling they will make a movie version for the 30th anniversary wave. It doesnt look too much shorter imo.
5a2fab98a004d94e6f128ac10490420b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

yeah, Vasquez' head top reaches only the beginning of a lower spinal tube on my alien in similar pose.
on that photo it is on a level of the upper tube.
5a2fab98a004d94e6f128ac10490420b.jpg

Getting ready for Lambert to complete the trio, so I whipped up a quickie. Far from perfect, but I think it does the job OK as an improvement on the hugger head and is decent enough with the helmet on. (donor face from a chinese knockoff "Bill". Donor head and in-tact glass from an "Amanda" i found on clearance).
20170523_143929.jpg20170523_143936.jpg
20170523_144113.jpg

it definitely does the job considering abscence of actual Kane. with Lambert upcoming a normal Kane is important for the full crew collection.

For fun I bought the new pink alien , it's alittle better. He can pose kind of like the original promise of the aliens. The head movement is better for sure. It's alittle late in the game to improve them

How does one get the Lambert figure? I haven't seen it for PO anywhere other than in a group of three in the series, two of which I don't want...

For fun I bought the new pink alien , it's alittle better. He can pose kind of like the original promise of the aliens. The head movement is better for sure. It's alittle late in the game to improve them

The fact that Neca made changes to the articulation suggests to me that they are planning on rereleasing the Aliens warrior figure and/or doing more variants. I doubt they would do it solely for the bubblegum alien no one asked for.

The fact that Neca made changes to the articulation suggests to me that they are planning on rereleasing the Aliens warrior figure and/or doing more variants. I doubt they would do it solely for the bubblegum alien no one asked for.

Definitely. It didn't occur to me that they'd change anything about the Warrior actually. I assumed they'd just rerelease the previous version periodically.

I'm surprised too , but I have to say I would buy one or two to bend in the positions they promised. I have like 10 all ready though

I'll take more Warriors now that I'm treating Aliens like I do with Terminator and setting up different scenes. I'm not too fussed that they've made it shorter to be honest. Especially if it means they won't warp so easily...although that remains to be seen.

I'll take more Warriors now that I'm treating Aliens like I do with Terminator and setting up different scenes. I'm not too fussed that they've made it shorter to be honest. Especially if it means they won't warp so easily...although that remains to be seen.

Agree................ particularly if those can be set into more "aggressive postures". I still wish that NECA would release those with additional hands, like HOYA.

I'll take more warriors with better joints, I might even pink up one of these pinks ones just to check it out/repaint.

I'd probably pick up a new and improved warrior as well. I wonder if it will be in blue or brown this time around, maybe both? I seem to recall Randy promising they would bring them back eventually. At one point I thought he said they wanted to do an armybuilding pack as well.

I'd probably pick up a new and improved warrior as well. I wonder if it will be in blue or brown this time around, maybe both? I seem to recall Randy promising they would bring them back eventually. At one point I thought he said they wanted to do an armybuilding pack as well.

Neca is definately re-releasing both brown and blue Aliens warriors with the new articulation in wave 12, i just hope they mix both so they only count as 1 figure in that wave like they did with the dog alien variants. Im hopefull we get 2 humans in that wave as well - Drake and a new Marine in armor would be cool with me. The 2 pack is the wild card though, hopefully Vas final ops battle and a Drake death/flamethower with acid damaged and regular head would be awesome. I bet one of the SDCC exclusives is a human from Aliens too - at least thats my hope but figures from Aliens are my favorite so I'm biased:).

Back