NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, Vasquez' head top reaches only the beginning of a lower spinal tube on my alien in similar pose.
on that photo it is on a level of the upper tube.
5a2fab98a004d94e6f128ac10490420b.jpg

Move the gun so I can see the rack!

Those first three Ripley figures are mini Grails. It was like a mental tick being checked seeing them lined up.

The Alien 3 figure especially is perfect and something I never thought I'd see realised.

Why have I just gotten this horrible feeling that the Queen's Ovipositor is going to be an Alien Club exclusive...

Not a bad idea!, as a club member I'd dig that :p

Sorry...

In all seriousness tho there's 0% chance of that happening - Doubt we will even get a brand new tooled figure, nevermind a deluxe mega expensive piece like that. Whatever it is, it just better not be Kenner related.

Why have I just gotten this horrible feeling that the Queen's Ovipositor is going to be an Alien Club exclusive...

Not a bad idea!, as a club member I'd dig that :p

Sorry...

In all seriousness tho there's 0% chance of that happening - Doubt we will even get a brand new tooled figure, nevermind a deluxe mega expensive piece like that. ...

Yeah, definitely too expensive for a bonus. Even disregarding that, it wouldn't be an ovipositor unless it was timed exclusivity. They'd never not put that up for wide release if they put the time and money into sculpting/tooling it.

I really do hope it is a new sculpt/character though, and then as I said, not just a timed exclusive, unless it comes with significantly cool exclusive accessories. I still feel a little burnt over SDCC Newt. Paid a lot. Thought the doll head was so iconic an accessory it was worth it, even if the figure itself was releasing later. But then it came with the 2 pack anyway.

In my mind it has to be something/someone of niche appeal that serious collector's would want but otherwise wouldn't sell well enough at retail, otherwise surely they'd want to reuse it, and then what would be the value of jumping through the Alien Club hoops for it.

Someone like Burke. He's a big want for dedicated Aliens fans, but to casual retail buyers he's just a guy in a shirt. So he fits the bill perfectly.

I've always hoped that one way we might see more niche characters come through, would be by merit of coming packed with "must have" cool accessories to boost appeal, but then with accessory packs now a thing, that method might be diminished.

... Whatever it is, it just better not be Kenner related.

Amen!

The Alien club exclusives will inevitably end up on ebay like anything.....wouldn't they? Hopefully not running any more than a usual SDCC exclusive...?

Are Neca's 1/4 scale figures in scale with each other?

For example is the 1/4 Xeno in scale with the 1/4 Predator?

alien and predator shoulders should be at least on one level, because actors have almost same height. or predator should be higher. according to Scott, the alien is supposed to be 7 feet. Kevin Peter Hall easily reached that height and more.

DSC_0236.jpg

i like how this guy hid the height difference between alien and predator. at the same time skeleton and predator have same height, while they obviously shouldn't.

NecaTrinityFull.jpg

And that's the old NECA alien. The new one is taller.

being a bit taller is never bad for the alien, while he stays slim.
being a midget is terrible for a predator, who can't reach his height neither in Neca collections nor in HT. they both have predators just slightly higher than humans, almost looking into each others eyes.

out of proportion:

$_57.JPG

properly proportioned:

attachment.php

Alright thanks for the info everyone. Didn't realise that even the 7" figures are technically out of scale with each other. The issue is clearly more obvious at 1/4 scale.

Definitely put me off buying different franchise Neca 1/4 figs. But still interested in just picking up their alien 1/4 figures.

Does anyone have the Big Chap or Alien Warrior displayed in a detolf?

I know they cannot fit without taking out a shelf - but still interested in how it looks.

Back