NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A3 had more organic stuff laid over Giger's design, but it wasn't as full-on as the A:R design and it wasn't carelessly recycled like the latter either. They just took a Resurrection head straight out of the mold and painted it black for AVP.

The thing I like most about the A3 design has always been the face, mainly due to the mouth and lips, and that was Giger's idea.

The Dog Alien design is one of the better ones they came up with. Sleek yet deadly, menacing at the same time too. And the lips and snarling mouth gave it a certain feral quality to it.

after two AVPs, Rodrigators and Prophphus you still enjoy the excitement of something new?...
all they made me feel is fear for new ways of rape of creatures of my childhood :slap
i still hope for something from Blomkamp, he's new and fresh, but his deal with ADI killed everything from the beginning. those Winston robbers / Cameron critics spoil everything they touch.

I like to pretend sometimes that AVP movies doesn't exist. But yes, I'm still cautiously optimistic despite all those recent abominations.

The Dog Alien design is one of the better ones they came up with. Sleek yet deadly, menacing at the same time too. And the lips and snarling mouth gave it a certain feral quality to it.

Yeah, when I say I like the A3 design I definitely mean the rod puppet.

by the way!
as we are in Neca thread, does anybody know a nice stand that can be used to put the Neca A3 into this pose?...

28cj0w1.jpg

runneralien.jpg

...i mean the last two poses on a giant collage of different photos of a movie alien. unfortunately it is one big pic.

after two AVPs, Rodrigators and Prophphus you still enjoy the excitement of something new?...
all they made me feel is fear for new ways of rape of creatures of my childhood :slap
i still hope for something from Blomkamp, he's new and fresh, but his deal with ADI killed everything from the beginning. those Winston robbers / Cameron critics spoil everything they touch.

the designs, of course. they should do a Dead Space movie with their nowadays possibilities - and should never touch alien.

aaand actually that design, starting with A3, is a ripoff of a Pumpkinhead.

The studio's have a lot of input on the finalization of those designs as well. I can't think of anything, in recent memory,from Legacy Effects Studios that has been new and exciting either.

Because their attempts at making predators have all been pretty lackluster, and they admittedly used slightly retooled organic looking Resurrection aliens for everything post A:R even though that design was for a specific reason in A:R and makes no sense outside of that film.

There were also budgetary reasons for using an already existing design with a few small changes.

A3 had more organic stuff laid over Giger's design, but it wasn't as full-on as the A:R design and it wasn't carelessly recycled like the latter either. They just took a Resurrection head straight out of the mold and painted it black for AVP.

The thing I like most about the A3 design has always been the face, mainly due to the mouth and lips, and that was Giger's idea.

I believe it was actually David Fincher who decided on the fuller mouth and lips and Giger began designing his creature with that in mind.

i like the doll variant of A3, and as it was what i was supposed to be, i think i like A3 as it is shown by Neca or by AVP2 game.
the human suit though shows perfectly where the AVP design grows from, but at the same time AVP almost equals Pumpkinhead, and when i read who were two designers of all named creatures, all became clear to me.

If you're referring to Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr.... you are aware that Tom was put in charge of designed the Alien warrior head and tail for Aliens,right? I don't hear anyone poo pooing that design.

Definitely.:clap

Yeah, when I say I like the A3 design I definitely mean the rod puppet.

It really is an awesome design by Chris Cunningham.I hope to one day own one of those ADI pieces.

I like to pretend sometimes that AVP movies doesn't exist. But yes, I'm still cautiously optimistic despite all those recent abominations.

The Resurrection Warrior alien and the Newborn were meant to be abominations from the start. They were DNA hybrids.

The Resurrection Warrior alien and the Newborn were meant to be abominations from the start. They were DNA hybrids.

I'm actually refering to the AVP movies themselves as abominations.

Got Mantis Xeno and his head popprd off, cant seem to get the ball joint to pop back it, honestly seems like its too short.

If you're referring to Alec Gillis and Tom Woodruff Jr.... you are aware that Tom was put in charge of designed the Alien warrior head and tail for Aliens,right? I don't hear anyone poo pooing that design.
when they were under inspection of their masters, right?
and i'm referring to a period when they ran off, taking their Pumpkinhead design with them and uniting it with alien forever since.
you know, like groups who write one or two songs and repeat themselves for decades.

still they looked the same fallout-thething-livingdeadish as A3 did. while the design is easily explained for A4, it makes no sence in A3/AVP/AVPR.
also, as A3 idea is built on that "DNA hybrid" idea started by Stupidscott after the first movie, they are all hybrids from the start, so... anybody who says that in A4 were the only hybrids should call A3 a mistake. as do i.

==============

so nobody can share any hints and ideas for my question?
does anybody know a nice stand that can be used to put the Neca A3 into running pose?...

'Designing' isn't correct. Woodruff and Gillis are credited as 'creature effects coordinators' on Aliens, so they were realising in physical onscreen terms the redesigns of the Giger creature as instructed by Cameron, and working under Stan Winston. Woodruff assisted in sculpting the Aliens head for the costume, but that's not designing the head. Cameron made the decision as to the (lack of) dome and skeletal 'backbone' under-structure.

when they were under inspection of their masters, right?
and i'm referring to a period when they ran off, taking their Pumpkinhead design with them and uniting it with alien forever since.
you know, like groups who write one or two songs and repeat themselves for decades.

Every artist has a certain variation on a 'theme' they run with.It's what usually got them recognition in the first place.Besides your comment is really how all of "Hollywood" works in general. Look at today's films over the last decade,they're for the most part rehashes of their core franchises that keep making these studio's money over and over again.It's all about the money,not the art,that drives studios these days.

It affects every part of the industry.Practical FX studios are constantly having to change designs to appease movie studio executives due to cost,time or what the studios 'believe' will appeal most too the target audiences,which have always primarily been new generations of 'tweens' and teens.

still they looked the same fallout-thething-livingdeadish as A3 did. while the design is easily explained for A4, it makes no sence in A3/AVP/AVPR.
also, as A3 idea is built on that "DNA hybrid" idea started by Stupidscott after the first movie, they are all hybrids from the start, so... anybody who says that in A4 were the only hybrids should call A3 a mistake. as do i.

I meant more of a 'created' in a laboratory type of 'DNA hybrid',even though Prometheus now tries to make the case for all the aliens being essentially created in a lab from the beginning.

'Designing' isn't correct. Woodruff and Gillis are credited as 'creature effects coordinators' on Aliens, so they were realising in physical onscreen terms the redesigns of the Giger creature as instructed by Cameron, and working under Stan Winston. Woodruff assisted in sculpting the Aliens head for the costume, but that's not designing the head. Cameron made the decision as to the (lack of) dome and skeletal 'backbone' under-structure.

I had to re-watch the Blood and Guts video I watched a while back. Tom does mention "sculpting" the head and tail and not 'designing',however nothing about 'assisting' was mentioned.

It's in this video towards the beginning where several FX artists remember funny instances with Stan Winston.

Back