NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found these in Books A Million today.

alienfigs.jpg

He can be a person all he wants on his own personal account. I don't have Twitter, but if I did, I wouldn't follow NECA for Randy's perspective on things. I don't think most (if any) consumers do.

But this is Twitter. If you have a general company question, you can contact them through the old fashioned website, or the QC twitter. I'd argue that this form of social media is and has always been much more informal. If no-one cared about Randy's opinion, they wouldn't ask him questions.

Man, that guy is sweet, but also huge and heavy. Had to craft something to support and get a dynamic pose. Love it! All in all I would say it even tops the Big chap.

:goodpost: It's not just you. I think it comes across as unprofessional as well. It's one of my many 'complaints' with NECA, and I still seem to find myself perpetually on the fence with regards to supporting them by purchasing. Or not. If only I didn't like cool-looking things... :lol
I admire his honesty and I respect his 24/7 interaction with the crowd. If I wanted a bland corporate account I would follow them on fb or Instagram.

Neca is selling me back my childhood and I prefer to have a real human behind it. With all pros and cons of the given approach.

New to this line,could someone please let me know what the chances are of seeing a Sgt Apone figure? I tried reading chunks of this thread at a time but I didn't see much besides others also hoping for one,unless I missed it.Thank you for your time

New to this line,could someone please let me know what the chances are of seeing a Sgt Apone figure? I tried reading chunks of this thread at a time but I didn't see much besides others also hoping for one,unless I missed it.Thank you for your time

Doesn't look good for Apone, the actor either hasn't granted permission or is hard to reach. Many, including myself have made custom Apone's using the Sgt. Windrix body as a base since the story is Neca started that body with the idea of making him until they didn't get his likeness.

Doesn't look good for Apone, the actor either hasn't granted permission or is hard to reach. Many, including myself have made custom Apone's using the Sgt. Windrix body as a base since the story is Neca started that body with the idea of making him until they didn't get his likeness.

Thank you Staps for your reply,definitley a little disappointed to hear that like many other fans i bet.I suck in making/customizing anything,so i don't think a project like that would work for me,but i do appreciate the info.I did see some customs here and there amongt this thread,one of them looked fantastic.Hopefully something can be done to bring a Sgt Apone figure to life one day,but i am glad to see some other marines being made finally.Would love some Marines in 1/4 scale too.Thanks again for all the great info

Thank you Staps for your reply,definitley a little disappointed to hear that like many other fans i bet.I suck in making/customizing anything,so i don't think a project like that would work for me,but i do appreciate the info.I did see some customs here and there amongt this thread,one of them looked fantastic.Hopefully something can be done to bring a Sgt Apone figure to life one day,but i am glad to see some other marines being made finally.Would love some Marines in 1/4 scale too.Thanks again for all the great info

You're welcome, I know Neca tried for Apone - could still happen someday I guess. I would love to get a Hicks in 1/4 scale but not sure about the rest.

You're welcome, I know Neca tried for Apone - could still happen someday I guess. I would love to get a Hicks in 1/4 scale but not sure about the rest.

Good to know they at least tried with Apone,means they did put in some effort,and perhaps could be looked into again.I would gladly take Hicks,Hudson and Apone all in 1/4 if it they were made but not sure if the community would support much after Hicks and Hudson.

I want to ask those people who bought the series 8 brown dog alien, is your figure still having that shiny coat applied? 'Cause mine is kinda matte. I couldn't find any review with this newer version so that I can compare it with. Also the brown tone isn't so orangy anymore, but a darker shade. Dunno, I'm a little pissed to be honest, after I had to replace Ripley already.

I want to ask those people who bought the series 8 brown dog alien, is your figure still having that shinny coat applied? 'Cause mine is kinda matte. I couldn't find any review with this newer version so that I can compare it with. Also the brown tone isn't so orangey anymore, but a darker shade. Dunno, I'm a little pissed to be honest, after I had to replace Ripley already.

...are the teeth silver? Cause it looks like you got the "gray" version

I want to ask those people who bought the series 8 brown dog alien, is your figure still having that shinny coat applied? 'Cause mine is kinda matte. I couldn't find any review with this newer version so that I can compare it with. Also the brown tone isn't so orangey anymore, but a darker shade. Dunno, I'm a little pissed to be honest, after I had to replace Ripley already.
I have the brown version. While it doesn't appear that a clear gloss was applied, the paint does catch the light fairly well. He does look slimy next to Ripley. I do wish the more orange-brown tone of the rod puppet would have been carried over for Series 8. The more expensive Kotobukiya dog alien seems to have nailed that aspect.

BTW, I was browsing Toys R Us yesterday and found a bald Ripley figure with perfect paint apps on the face and with a head that wasn't lopsided like the one I received from TRU online. Thankfully, I'd saved the packaging and invoice from my online order and was able to exchange it in-store. I'm much happier with my new Ripley. :)

I also took a long, hard look at both the brown and "grey" dog aliens to compare them in person. I still prefer the brown version because I think it contrasts better with the bald Ripley figure's outfit. It's subtle, but I feel the lighter version didn't pop quite as well next to her. It's true that the grey one shows off the sculpting details better, but it also makes any imperfections in the paint more apparent and draws attention to the solid black ratchet joints. There's also a faint silver cast to the paint which appeared more heavy in certain areas (like the tail) under close inspection.

I have the brown version. While it doesn't appear that a clear gloss was applied, the paint does catch the light fairly well.
Exactly. Mine has the left half (normally visible from outside the box) covered in a very faint glossy layer, almost inexistent, while the right half is totally matte.

BTW, I was browsing Toys R Us yesterday and found a bald Ripley figure with perfect paint apps on the face and with a head that wasn't lopsided like the one I received from TRU online.

Mine was having a decent head paint application, but a very nasty gap right at her cleavage (those two pieces were badly attached), and a shorter right leg. I think it's safe to say that no one performed any quality check on those figures.

Back