NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the Newt that was used for this set photo was a sample they had on hand for the SDCC exclusive version and her paint method will change for the final product? Although it does look like the Newt they used in this set has her eyes going up and to her right and if I remember right the SDCC Newt was just looking up. Either way I'm happy with the set and will being doing the same thing with this Ripley that a-dev will be doing, putting this Newt rescue Ripley version in the power loader.

Well, no complaints about the new open-mouthed head regardless of what they said about Weaver's specification for undramatic expressions. As far as likeness, it's no better or worse than any of the others so again I don't mind.

This head makes more sense for the Powerloader fight so I'll be switching one of these new Ripleys with the one I have in the Loader right now.

...perhaps that's what Randy was talking about when he said working on plan B was more difficult than it seemed. Maybe they were trying to get Sigourney Weaver's approval for that expression?

...perhaps that's what Randy was talking about when he said working on plan B was more difficult than it seemed. Maybe they were trying to get Sigourney Weaver's approval for that expression?

Good point! I think it's cool that they did make the opened mouth version and dirtied her up though since it matches closely to the poster on the box they designed this after - which is iconic.

I'm liking the new head sculpt, but it does suck that I just ordered the Series 5 Ripley for $35 last month. I'd passed on her for the longest time, but just had to have one after I scored a sweet deal on the Power Loader back in May. Now I wish I'd waited... but it's not like I had a crystal ball to predict this two-pack was in the cards.

I was initially pretty peeved as I already have the earlier Aliens Ripley but that figure does live permanently in the powerloader so I guess I'm OK having this mildly different version to be able to recreate the classic pose. Must-buy for me but would've preferred the jacket version as many have said.

Looks cool, personally I feel the closed mouth ripely looks better. But this gets you newt and every aliens fan gotta have a newt.

No, no accessories for Newt. Guess we can get the helmet from Frost though.

That Ripley headsculp looks pretty horrendous if you ask me... Hoping it's just the pics I've seen so far. Or is it just me?

Who else remembers Randy saying that Sigourney Weaver wasn't keen on allowing an open mouth head.

Can't imagine that this sculpt was the turning point of that argument.

Not just you.

I really appreciate what they're doing here, finding a way to get Newt to all of us, that is truely great. But, and I can appreciate the difficulty of sculpting likenesses, the new Ripley head sculpt does look off.

Again, I'm really pleased they're giving us a new head sculpt. I would love for them to release a whole expression pack, for all the characters, but I know that'd never wash with retail.

Hopefully it will look better in hand, wouldn't be the first time. The final version of the 1979 jumpsuit Ripley looks almost completely different in hand compared to the package photography, and good for it.

I actually like the new head. It isn't any more 'off' than the first head I say, just has some intensity to it (instead of boredom).

I would love for them to release a whole expression pack, for all the characters, but I know that'd never wash with retail.

...now that's an interesting idea! But will probably never happen :(

The final version of the 1979 jumpsuit Ripley looks almost completely different in hand compared to the package photography, and good for it.

...amen to that. She was my favorite Ripley until series 8 came out.

I like that the two pack will be boxed anniversary format..seems my TRUs are stocked better with these Neca anniversary boxed figures. Even if I miss the first run, they get them back in fast and in plentiful supply. So I'm not worried this Ripley/Newt two pack will sell out. The chances that I will find this at my TRUs are better than the regular plastic card aliens.

Is it just me or are there alot of Newts and Ripley on ebay now. I wonder if the new pack will cause the others to go up or down in price ?

Back