NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jimmy Page in space.
Good call. :lol

DSCN1250.jpg

It would be nice though if NECA did a Sulaco locker room diorama that has lots of lockers and storage chests that we can store away all those pulse rifles, motion trackers and other little accessories we don't use that often.

Great idea

@scarrviper: Niiice one!
Due to "wonky jaw" issues and somewhat chaotic replacement processes I ended up with 2 of these guys. I couldn't resist keeping both. No regrets! :D Still hope the Warrior won't need an oral surgeon..
IMG_20160224_084322.jpg

Bought series 7 today, got to look through about 5 cases. The AvP Aliens look nice and are pretty cool.

As far as the Concept Alien goes, 2 things I noticed:

1. There are variants

2. Some QC issues.

As far as the variants go, they are packed 4 to a case, 2 have the regular lowered upper lip head, and 2 have the raised upper lip head. Aside from that, it looks like there is a paint variance as well. I don't know if it is intentional, but some are very much covered/coated in the off-white paint with only a bit of the translucent plastic peeking through at spots, and others have a much lighter paint application showing a lot more bare translucent plastic.

As far as QC issues, I saw a lot of reversed limbs (mostly 2 right upper arms or 2 right lower forearms or something like that) major plastic chipping/deformation, very gloppy and sloppy detail-obscuring paint, a lot of flash around the edges of the bottom of the torso and limb joints and a lot of limbs and the jaw kinda popped halfway off in the package. Not all were like that, but quite a few were. Glad I didn't order online.

Took the plunge and ordered my first Neca figures today!, Grid Alien and Isolation Alien! Interesting to see how these hold up compared to the old MC Farlane figs i used to have back in the day.

Back