NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From the twitter

“Alien Series 6 as shown at #sdcc is all Isolation themed. Series 7 will be Aliens from AvP and one sick surprise. These were not shown yet”

I swear, if I get my hopes up over a Vasquez-esque 'sick surprise', and end up with the first of many Kenner tribute Aliens, I will lose my $#*+, I will cancel my pre-orders, and I will not spend another dollar on NECA products.

Do not screw around Randy. More kenner tributes are not "sick".

EDIT: and you know what, a "lambert" compression suit is fine and dandy, but slapping a new head on the body you used for 4 figures already is not "sick" either. Just saying, it better be a couple notches above that.

Last edited:
So, 'sick'? As in gross / cool? Colonist with chestburster? That would certainly jive with the queen and egg releases... Hmmm.

It's clear that you want to continue this conversation in your somewhat angry manner despite me having your previous post removed (and clearly you didn't like it), so okay, I'll try to answer the best I can.

In my opinion, the first three Alien movies follow the story of Ripley, the Alien, and the company that pursues the Alien. Alien: Isolation doesn't have to be a part of this canon. After all it isn't about Ellen Ripley, it's about her daughter Amanda trying to find out what happened to her. That's the plot, simply put. Any person in the same scenario, having grown up not knowing what had happened, would likely jump at the chance. Alien: Isolation doesn't I feel have to really answer any questions; it really comes down to what the original Alien movie is. A struggle to survive. That's it. And it was a joy to see that Alien return to the cold, calculating 8ft tall killer it's supposed to be. I can't say I really had a 'taste' as after all after the crap that was Aliens: Colonial Marines my expectations weren't all that great. As I played the game, I wanted the main character to survive and that is what kept me going. I've played through a few times, now.

As I progressed through the game, I probably spent a huge part of it like many fans being amazed at the attention to detail the developers made. The environments. The ships, the costumes, the derelict. Extremely well done and I'd gladly part with another $60 for another Alien game that would give me the same enjoyment. And I was a tough critic having spent literally hours analyzing behind the scenes photos and drawings from the film; if you look at my blog, you will see that I have created blueprints of the Nostromo (printed in the ALIEN:Vault book), the Sulaco, the APC and Powerloader (the last two available as prints included with Hollywood Collectible Group's APC and Powerloader statues) plus a couple of other projects I have cooking and take extensive research.

Of course, I'm not saying the look of the game should be an indication of how well it plays. But I do feel Creative Assembly did a wonderful job with both, and I'm more than happy to give credit where it is due.

:goodpost:

And I welcome the Alien: Isolation figures with open arms. :)

I'm hoping that "sick surprise" is Drake, Vasquez, or a new version of Hicks, headset, acid sprayed, or Dark Horse comic version. I tweeted Randy about when the Weyland-Yutani Merc is coming out which they announced on twitters months ago. I don't care much for the AVP Aliens. Plenty of characters are still left undone from the first two films. Without saying, I know there are fans that would love to have characters from the latter two films in the original four films before the crossovers. I, truly only being a fan of the first two films, still would like a bald Ripley, Dillon, and Johner. I know they just came out with a compression suit Dallas, but a Dallas in his nostromo jacket and outfit with a flamethrower would be epic.

I'm still not into collecting human figures, even though I do love all of the characters in the first 2 movies. I have aliens Ripley on preorder and that will be my first human figure. I just love the look of the aliens design. I will probably get every variant released by Neca even if I dont like the design *cough*AvP*cough* just to support the line and to have uniqueness amongst my "Hive". Plus I also collect aliens from other companies as well. I might just have to get a Vasquez though...

The human characters are my primary interest in this line at this point. We've got all the aliens I care about. Just want humans now and by all means keep putting out Alien rerleases if need be to keep the identification of the line intact, but it's all about the humans for me at this point.

I hope the sick surprise is Vasquez or Apone from Aliens. But I am looking forward to the AVP Aliens in Series 7. I done rightly I will get a few of them.

I just ordered my 1st Alien (and Predator) franchise collectible ever, the 1/4 79 Alien (and 1/4 Predator). :yess:

Can't wait to do this:

image.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you.

I have seen reviews on YT of the 1/4 79 Alien having a white dome and a dark dome (like above).

Is that just the lighting or were there 2 versions released?

The white dome:

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
Really pumped for the Isolation wave, one of the best Video Games I've played in the last few years.

I've seen one new photo from Comic Con of the 1979 Big Chap 1/4 scale figure. But are there any other photos? I'm wondering if they fixed the weird head issues (talked about earlier in this thread).

Sean

SDCC-2015-NECA-72.jpg

the lips are throwing the look off for me, maybe it's the color

I hate to say this but the lips look horrible.
I do not care how accurate they are... and if they wanted to do lips, couldn't they at least paint them silver? looks awful

Looks like Duck face

Back