NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there anyone here making plans for all the figures coming out. I can only imagine that it's not going to stop for a couple of years. I am moving soon so I am going to make a massive dio

I suspect my dio is going to need to expand. Right now this is how it sits. The eggs will help flesh it out and I will work on a better backdrop I think. Overall it will simply have to become a bigger shelf! I will need to upgrade eventually...
20150110_194501.jpg

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Looking at your figures it will double with the loader and more humans for sure

Did the isolation bug have that overly muscular neck? Or did they mix a "requiem" head into that pic as well?

Nope it didn’t. That does look like a new requiem head. Man if we get an updated AvP R Alien before Wolf people are gonna be mad :lol

When they said they were going to shuffle some stuff to do isolation I didn’t expect to see any progress so soon.

A load of Alien things have been mentioned on twitter lately and just thought to share a couple:

1) Alien Isolation wave will not include a "Working Joe" as "would require 100% new sculpt & tooling which we cannot do atm".

2) I asked: "As far sales go atm, can us Aliens fans expect the line to have long legs like Predator?"

Randy's Reply: "yes"

So a bit of bad news, with a great bit of good news. In regards to the Working Joe I reckon we will see it one day probably in an second Isolation wave, but this first foremost counts on the line having long legs.

Same here. I read somewhere that they tried the film-accurate legs, but the walk-cycle looked weird or something so they went with those legs. Same with the lack of the upper spine, apparently it got in the way of the crawling animations. I know originally it even had the Resurrection-style tail, but after people complained they changed that.

Hello, :wave

This my first posting at Sideshow Freaks. I am a huge Alien Fan and really like this forum with it's discussions.

I just read the last pages in this thread and I want to add a short information about the question, why the Xenomorph in Alien:Isolation has those strange looking legs.

It was in an interview with one of the CA designer but sadly I do not have the link at hand.

He said, one big problem was to fit the tall Xenomorph into the narrow and flat/low designed corridors and chambers at Sevastopol. Fully erected the original Alien design would break through the ceiling in more then 50% of the environment and so normaly would need to crawl for moving forward.

By inserting an additional "ankle-joint", they enabled the animators to level/adjust the height of the Alien in relation to the environment. So the legs fold in but the upper torso remains erected when needed.

The two images on page 678 explain it well. The upper image shows the Alien with legs in "crouched" mode while moving through a standard room.
On the second image, outtaken from the scripted final scene of San Cristobal, it is more elevated as the reception-hall has a very high ceiling.

Hello, :wave

This my first posting at Sideshow Freaks. I am a huge Alien Fan and really like this forum with it's discussions.

I just read the last pages in this thread and I want to add a short information about the question, why the Xenomorph in Alien:Isolation has those strange looking legs.

It was in an interview with one of the CA designer but sadly I do not have the link at hand.

He said, one big problem was to fit the tall Xenomorph into the narrow and flat/low designed corridors and chambers at Sevastopol. Fully erected the original Alien design would break through the ceiling in more then 50% of the environment and so normaly would need to crawl for moving forward.

By inserting an additional "ankle-joint", they enabled the animators to level/adjust the height of the Alien in relation to the environment. So the legs fold in but the upper torso remains erected when needed.

The two images on page 678 explain it well. The upper image shows the Alien with legs in "crouched" mode while moving through a standard room.
On the second image, outtaken from the scripted final scene of San Cristobal, it is more elevated as the reception-hall has a very high ceiling.

Herzlich willkommen!

Welcome aboard dude.

Assuming there will be 3 in the Isolation wave, what will those be besides iChap?

Yes, I will be calling him "iChap".

I expect to see new legs on the same old "big chap" body (which they will call the Isolation Alien) and perhaps a new head on 79 Ripley's body (which they will paint differently and call it Amanda). I think the 3rd figure from that wave/series will be something random like the Requiem 2.0 or A:R warrior.

Yeah pretty much bro, and to match up with the awesome NECA queen. I have 6 or 7 each or all the other colors, and the big chap, but now I'm realizing I only really need the blue for my setup. I have a few old pics from when I only had 6 blues, still have to work all the others in. Also wanna customize a marine out of extra Hicks and Windrix figures I have.. someday!

I imagine close to the same scene but with a wall of blue Aliens behind and around the queen :)

Very nice...those blues look great with the Queen. :rock

Back