NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
-Helmet sits way too high again. They don't have the "big hair" excuse Hicks had. Not sure why they did that...
To be fair, Paxton did tend to wear his helmet pushed up on his head, especially in that scene.

Compare:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hudson's helmet mic is also angled differently than Hicks's:

attachment.php

attachment.php

To be fair, Paxton did tend to wear his helmet pushed up on his head, especially in that scene.

Compare:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hudson's helmet mic is also angled differently than Hicks's:

attachment.php

attachment.php

For some reason your pics aren't displaying, but I suspect the "tilt" he has in most scenes is what you are talking about. I am aware of that. The ear defenders/cups on the helmets were too low so Paxton has been on record saying he had to tilt it up on the left side and wear the helmet crooked to try and keep his ear lined up with the cup. I think the figure went too extreme and is not displaying a tilt, but is hovering 3" over his head! The 'too low' ear cup is actually above his ear on the figure so that, in my opinion, is just silliness.

Now in that specific scene, he was a bit hyper, so maybe they went for the "bouncing around" helmet look. But personally I will be grinding his oddly shaped melon down and reattaching the helmet in a lower (but still tilted) position.

For some reason your pics aren't displaying, but I suspect the "tilt" he has in most scenes is what you are talking about. I am aware of that. The ear defenders/cups on the helmets were too low so Paxton has been on record saying he had to tilt it up on the left side and wear the helmet crooked to try and keep his ear lined up with the cup. I think the figure went too extreme and is not displaying a tilt, but is hovering 3" over his head! The 'too low' ear cup is actually above his ear on the figure so that, in my opinion, is just silliness.

Now in that specific scene, he was a bit hyper, so maybe they went for the "bouncing around" helmet look.
I think so (we are, after all, talking about people who thought it was a good idea to base the first two Marine releases specifically on their appearance in the "Game Over" scene). Check out this pic (if the board software doesn't eat it). The helmet is in basically the same position as your figure's.

But personally I will be grinding his oddly shaped melon down and reattaching the helmet in a lower (but still tilted) position.
Likewise. I also intend to switch out his left arm with one from my spare Hicks (will have to paint over the tattoo, of course).

According to NECA's twitter, Aliens series 2 will be part of the restock/reset at all toys R us stores, so if you missed out on 'em the first time it looks like you have another chance to get them. I'll probably pick up a few more '79 Aliens.

According to NECA's twitter, Aliens series 2 will be part of the restock/reset at all toys R us stores, so if you missed out on 'em the first time it looks like you have another chance to get them. I'll probably pick up a few more '79 Aliens.

That saves me money , I bought 2 of each and I think that's enough for a hive look. Beware they are cool but I am afraid to super pose them

It's Sod's Law that my most anticipated figure is damaged on arrival. Looking through the plastic, it's immediately obvious that my alien has a loose tube dangling from his head.

Is this easily remedied or do I need to arrange a return?

Also, I've noticed some of my Series 2 Xenomorphs have more of a matt finish than others. Is this common?

I think the Power Loader and Queen will be out around the same time. And I bet it'll be November(isn) to cash in for Christmas. They've not appeared for pre-order so they're definitely not going to be on the shelves before October-time.

I'll be surprised if Series 3 isn't pushed back from July as the Hudson / Brown Warrior hasn't even appeared in the UK yet.

I think the Power Loader and Queen will be out around the same time. And I bet it'll be November(isn) to cash in for Christmas. They've not appeared for pre-order so they're definitely not going to be on the shelves before October-time.

I'll be surprised if Series 3 isn't pushed back from July as the Hudson / Brown Warrior hasn't even appeared in the UK yet.

I wouldnt quite panic about the Hudson 2-packs yet. They didn't show up in the US until 5 days ago, so your surely not too far behind.

But...delays are expected for sure. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Series 3 and the queen pushed back either.

I remember reading their "late summer/early fall" twitter estimate on the queen and thinking "not a chance". Going from unfinished with lead sculptor having far more important things on his mind to being on store shelves in just 6 months is asking a lot.

It looks like NECA's stuff is gonna be easier to get at toys r us according to thier facebook page:

"You asked, #NECA listened! We've heard reports that it's sometimes hard to find NECA products in Toys ''R'' Us stores, or that they sell out too quickly. Toys R Us is an important partner, so we made a big change:

NECA is now doing its own merchandising at almost every #TRU store in the United States. ...

Our merchandising teams are placing a wider selection of more frequently updated items on the shelf just for you, the fans. Visit your local Toys R Us now to see the new, improved NECA section: bigger, better, and badder than ever!

It's a considerable expense for us, but the results are worth it. Let us know what you think, and you could win a mind-blowing prize: a test shot of a NECA action figure!"

I never really had a problem finding NECA figures at the TRU's around me, but this is good news for those stores that sell out quickly.

According to Neca's twitter page they are using a new factory for Series 3, apparently the first series and genocide were great (??) but they cut corners on some of series 2 and the hicks two pack.

Erm weren't the genocide figs plagued by the super glued crotches? Pretty sure the entire line has been a qc nightmare

Yeah they don't really take any sort of criticism all that well which can be hard to digest from a company that invites open discussion. If you're looking to accept praise from people (which is a lot of their twitter feed) I think you have to acknowledge constructive criticism too.

Understandably though, both pride and business means it's hard to say a product you're putting out is bad.

It looks like NECA's stuff is gonna be easier to get at toys r us according to thier facebook page:

"You asked, #NECA listened! We've heard reports that it's sometimes hard to find NECA products in Toys ''R'' Us stores, or that they sell out too quickly. Toys R Us is an important partner, so we made a big change:

NECA is now doing its own merchandising at almost every #TRU store in the United States. ...

Our merchandising teams are placing a wider selection of more frequently updated items on the shelf just for you, the fans. Visit your local Toys R Us now to see the new, improved NECA section: bigger, better, and badder than ever!

It's a considerable expense for us, but the results are worth it. Let us know what you think, and you could win a mind-blowing prize: a test shot of a NECA action figure!"

I never really had a problem finding NECA figures at the TRU's around me, but this is good news for those stores that sell out quickly.

too late :gah:

Bought another hicks 2-pack

Alien broke in half AND both his legs broke off.

I've never seen a cheaper toy. We've had toys that last 30+ years. This 2pack ALIEN is a piece of crap.

Back