NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't why I bought series 1 Hicks. It does not recreate any scene from the movie. The two pack comes with everything to make the hive battle Hicks.

Well I wasted some money :(

disagree. I quite like having a neutral facial expression for my figures. In fact, though I like the "game over" and "die mother ****er" sculpts for Hudson, I wish we had a more neutral option coming in the future. Neutral hicks sans helmet is pretty cool.

disagree. I quite like having a neutral facial expression for my figures. In fact, though I like the "game over" and "die mother ****er" sculpts for Hudson, I wish we had a more neutral option coming in the future. Neutral hicks sans helmet is pretty cool.

I think you are right, neutral should come first and then more emotion filled faces but then again I think the helmeted versions are cooler than the unhelmeted so I guess its okay the way it is.

Why have NECA become so cheap now anyway, they used to give you 2 heads (Lost Boys, Terminator). Now they are making you buy the exact same body for a different head. That helmet should also be removable which I read it isn't, you think with all the removable hats and helmets toys have had through the years NECA could have managed that? :dunno

anyone else having trouble with the legs deforming under the weight of the figure? particularly around the knee joints?
I WAS going to get some of these... then i saw the eons my friend HAD ( He returned them) and decided to just be satisfied with my revoltechs.

The legs aren't great on these they have too bigger gap between them and feel pretty weak compared to the Dutch. I prefer the moulded legs they used to have as im only going to display them (im not 8 years old anymore!). Also I don't know If any other UK members on here mentioned this but the price in he UK now for NECA figures is ridiculous. In the US they are about $18 now in the UK they are £18 which is about $27! :gah:

The legs aren't great on these they have too bigger gap between them and feel pretty weak compared to the Dutch. I prefer the moulded legs they used to have as im only going to display them (im not 8 years old anymore!). Also I don't know If any other UK members on here mentioned this but the price in he UK now for NECA figures is ridiculous. In the US they are about $18 now in the UK they are £18 which is about $27! :gah:

Yeah, having this hobby in the UK is becoming prohibitively expensive :(

I don't why I bought series 1 Hicks. It does not recreate any scene from the movie. The two pack comes with everything to make the hive battle Hicks.

Well I wasted some money :(

Well based on my last viewing of the film both Hicks and Hudson from series one are based on the 'Game Over Man' scene.

In that part of the film Hudson has no shoulder lamp, he has the motion tracker slung over one shoulder and obviously that facial expression and flattened wet hair are directly based on Game Over Man. In the same scene Hicks does have a shoulder lamp, he still has his shotgun holster on his back, he is helmetless (and no headset either) and relatively neutral-faced - actually I think the face looks a lot like when he says ''are you finished?''

So you can set these figures up accurately to a scene, albeit not one of the most obvious scenes for a toy line.

Thanks for posting pictures of the Alien 3 mercs, guys.

Interesting design but I'm not sure if I really "need" them in my collection.

I'm working on a small diorama for the upcoming Aliens Series 1 showcase and here is a test shot for you guys! :)

hicks-diorama-02.jpg

My complaint with Hicks is it's a wasted opportunity. Leave the series 2 pack as the hive battle.

For series 1 Hicks they should have added a com set to the current calm head. Remove some of his extra gear that he took off to give us a more iconic movie look. Give him a pulse rifle and a facehugger and we'd be all set:lecture

My complaint with Hicks is it's a wasted opportunity. Leave the series 2 pack as the hive battle.

For series 1 Hicks they should have added a com set to the current calm head. Remove some of his extra gear that he took off to give us a more iconic movie look. Give him a pulse rifle and a facehugger and we'd be all set:lecture

Agreed. Without a helmet, I would take comms over the shotgun and holster any day of the week. Also, I'm willing to bet Hudson and Hicks will come with the same identical helmets. Which would be a huge let down, since 1 of the 2 selling points of the 2 pack marines are the helmets. I could be wrong though. I hope I am.

Why are you so defensive and claiming victory already?
Pfft, you're defensive. I'm just enjoying the train-wreck.

As for claiming victorious, that's obvious: you're obviously wrong. :)

So it was not a successful attack was it? Thanks for admitting my point ;)
No, no, no, that was my point. :p

Oh is it? So clearly implied that they "retconned" it and created the trilobite 30 years later.... mhm ok :lol
30 years from now, someone could release another Colonial Marines game further elaborating on Hick's surviving the opening of Alien 3 to the satisfaction of everyone, but that would have no bearing on our argument here, now. ;)

It's sillier to imply that you know it was a facehugger...
Not really. At the time (i.e. 1979), there was really nothing else that it could have been.

Even if it turned out that it was a facehugger, is there no possibility that the space jockey was caught by off guard? Without a chance to struggle?
Not at all. The facehuggers are, by design, meant to wrap around a human face, not that of a creature whose head alone is almost as large as a human body.

But have fun claiming victory with such feeble arguments :lol
Dude, sit back from the keyboard, take a deep breath, and repeat after me: "It's just a movie/game"...

Seriously, you'll burst a blood vessel, or something.

It's seriously contradictory to defend the POS that is A:CM (which well earned a few lawsuits to Randy Pitchford for how bad it was :lol) for then to try (and fail) to bash the masterpiece that inspired it. :lol
You have a comically low threshold for "bashing", my friend. ;)

The first two films in the series are rightly considered classics, but they're not like The Lord of the Rings, where every tiny detail was planned out years in advance after years of forethought and consideration. Alien in particular is amusing to reflect on, given that it is, in fact, more or less a simple haunted-house story in outer space, and how much of the final product ended up being there not because it made sense, but because it was convenient or politic to do so, examples including the xenomorphs having acid for blood because otherwise the Nostromo's crew would have been able to shoot their unwanted passenger with guns instead of having to fall back on makeshift flamethrowers, the Nostromo itself being honeycombed with absurdly oversized ductwork so that the xenomorph could creep around unseen, Ripley being the lone survivor at the end because audiences would have been expecting Tom Skerritt, who had top billing, rather than the then-unknown Sigourney Weaver, and Ripley herself only getting away in one piece because the producers insisted on the xenomorph being killed at the end rather than allowing Ridley Scott to go with his idea, which was apparently to have the xeno rip off Ripley's head after ambushing her in the Narcissusand then begin speaking in her voice.

Taking such things into consideration (along with others, such as, well, the whole plot of Alien 3), complaints against Colonial Marines' story, as distinct from whatever technical issues might afflict the various console versions, start to sound remarkably silly, and even the gripes against some of the gameplay elements, like the presence of the various permutations of xenomorphs and Weyland-Yutani PMCs, begin to look hypocritical.

Just ignore him. He's one of those bat-**** crazy, defensive fanboys with horrible taste.
Pot, meet kettle. :p

Agreed. Without a helmet, I would take comms over the shotgun and holster any day of the week. Also, I'm willing to bet Hudson and Hicks will come with the same identical helmets. Which would be a huge let down, since 1 of the 2 selling points of the 2 pack marines are the helmets. I could be wrong though. I hope I am.
SDCC pics appear to show a sculpted cover on Hudson's helmet.

Pfft, you're defensive. I'm just enjoying the train-wreck.
That screams: defensive :lol

As for claiming victorious, that's obvious: you're obviously wrong

Nope, sorry.

No, no, no, that was my point.
Not really, you acknowledged my point, wasn't so hard was it? :hi5:

30 years from now, someone could release another Colonial Marines game further elaborating on Hick's surviving the opening of Alien 3 to the satisfaction of everyone, but that would have no bearing on our argument here, now.
So you're saying, the present argument does have bearing for what I said, great!

Not really. At the time (i.e. 1979), there was really nothing else that it could have been.
Considering how little you knew about everything surrounding the xenomorph back then, yes really.

Not at all. The facehuggers are, by design, meant to wrap around a human face, not that of a creature whose head alone is almost as large as a human body.

Mhm his helmet is big, yes, but his head is not that much bigger than a human head, sorry, wrong yet again, if it was a facehugger, it's possible.

prometheus_hd_stills_engineer_head.jpg

Dude, sit back from the keyboard, take a deep breath, and repeat after me: "It's just a movie/game"...

Seriously, you'll burst a blood vessel, or something.

:chillpill: Ok thanks, I get too enthusiastic when I'm full of right :lol

You have a comically low threshold for "bashing", my friend.

The first two films in the series are rightly considered classics, but they're not like The Lord of the Rings, where every tiny detail was planned out years in advance after years of forethought and consideration. Alien in particular is amusing to reflect on, given that it is, in fact, more or less a simple haunted-house story in outer space, and how much of the final product ended up being there not because it made sense, but because it was convenient or politic to do so, examples including the xenomorphs having acid for blood because otherwise the Nostromo's crew would have been able to shoot their unwanted passenger with guns instead of having to fall back on makeshift flamethrowers,

That was actually a very smart plot device, sorry, wrong again.

the Nostromo itself being honeycombed with absurdly oversized ductwork so that the xenomorph could creep around unseen,

Actually those were the ventilation ducts, it's understandable they thought of big vents for such a big ship at the time, even for today's sci-fi that's not discredited.

Feeble feeble :lol

Ripley being the lone survivor at the end because audiences would have been expecting Tom Skerritt, who had top billing, rather than the then-unknown Sigourney Weaver, and Ripley herself only getting away in one piece because the producers insisted on the xenomorph being killed at the end rather than allowing Ridley Scott to go with his idea, which was apparently to have the xeno rip off Ripley's head after ambushing her in the Narcissusand then begin speaking in her voice.
Actually, at the time, that was one hell of a well appreciated plot twist, considering it was not common to see a female protagonist or hero.

But I have to admit that the alternative ending would have been interesting but no way jose I would have traded it for the franchise female hero Ripley turned out to be.

So what you picture here as a bad thing, was actually a good thing.

]
Taking such things into consideration (along with others, such as, well, the whole plot of Alien 3), complaints against Colonial Marines' story, as distinct from whatever technical issues might afflict the various console versions, start to sound remarkably silly, and even the gripes against some of the gameplay elements, like the presence of the various permutations of xenomorphs and Weyland-Yutani PMCs, begin to look hypocritical.

Not really, considering that ACM didn't have the compelling story for starters, neither the charming characters and the memorable script and dialogue, it tried to capitalize on the style without putting effort to the substance, so again, silly it's to try (and yet again fail for the 2nd time) to bash the masterpiece that inspired that tasteless POS :lecture

The technical issues are just so many for me to even entertain on them :lol and it's not hypocritical as it is just plain good observation and common sense :lol

But hey, it was a not-so-solid effort on your behalf, nice try.

tumblr_lksfh6CXKV1qzrlhgo1_400.gif

Back