NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was putting my McFarlane/NECA stuff on shelves yesterday. A leg on my McFarlane Grid Alien broke off. It just made me cast an eye over the collection as a whole and how many breaks there have been. AvP Elder's head broke off, arms broken off on my 2 helmeted Cpl. Hicks figures, tails broken off on my McF Warrior Aliens, every single NECA T-1000 I have bar the motorcycle cop has at least 2 breaks - its a ___king mess. Really p!$$ed me off. Really think I might downsize and sell some of this stuff off cheap locally if I can. I used to want dioramas and scene recreations etc so I bought multiples of everything but I just don't have the space - its an overpacked disaster zone. And so much of the stuff can't stand up on its own, I have to lean most figures against the wall or against another figure, it just looks so crap.

Last edited:
Was putting my McFarlane/NECA stuff on shelves yesterday. A leg on my McFarlane Grid Alien broke off. It just made me cast an eye over the collection as a whole and how many breaks there have been. AvP Elder's head broke off, arms broken off on my 2 helmeted Cpl. Hicks figures, tails broken off on my McF Warrior Aliens, every single NECA T-1000 I have bar the motorcycle cop has at least 2 breaks - its a ___king mess. Really p!$$ed me off. Really think I might downsize and sell some of this stuff off cheap locally if I can. I used to want dioramas and scene recreations etc so I bought multiples of everything but I just don't have the space - its an overpacked disaster zone. And so much of the stuff can't stand up on its own, I have to lean most figures against the wall or against another figure, it just looks so crap.

Well for £14 a figure you cant really complain too much about the durability. A NECA classic is £14 while HT Classic is £170 so you will never get the same durability for something £150 less.

Well for £14 a figure you cant really complain too much about the durability. A NECA classic is £14 while HT Classic is £170 so you will never get the same durability for something £150 less.
Hang on.. the HT stuff can be far more fragile. :lecture :lol

The NECA / Macfarlane stuff - in principle, being plastic toys, should stack up a lot better than a high end display piece - any day of the week.

Of course, we are talking about NECA & Macfarlane. :monkey1

Hang on.. the HT stuff can be far more fragile. :lecture :lol

The NECA / Macfarlane stuff - in principle, being plastic toys, should stack up a lot better than a high end display piece - any day of the week.

Of course, we are talking about NECA & Macfarlane. :monkey1

NECA are not well made so even taking it out of the plastic breaks things. So far I have only heard of the classic with the loose head issue.

I am new so if there has been wide spread of HT figures having parts falling off easy then I am wrong. :)

NECA are not well made so even taking it out of the plastic breaks things.
..& I acknowledged that in the last sentence of my previous comment. :wink1:

Yes, they break.. I know - I own some NECA stuff as well. However, HT figures aren't exactly 'durable' either. Just because they cost a $h!t load more doesn't mean they're $h!t loads stronger than the NECA stuff. :lol

Last edited:
..& I acknowledged that in the last sentence of my previous comment. :wink1:

Yes, they break.. I know - I own some NECA stuff as well. However, HT figures aren't exactly 'durable' either. Just because they cost a $h!t load more doesn't mean they're $h!t loads stronger than the NECA stuff. :lol

I know :lol

If HT stuff breaks as easy as NECA then I aint sure I want to buy anymore after the Classic! :horror

If HT stuff breaks as easy as NECA..
I didn't quite say that either.. :lol

Generally speaking, the HT figures have a lot of delicate intricate bits & pieces that need care when handling them. They don't just fall apart when you take them out of the box.

That said, HT have their fair share of QC issues, don't worry. Wrist pegs & knee joints on the bodies can break without really forcing them sometimes, & recently other things like rubber deterioration have tarnished an otherwise relatively stellar record thus far.

I didn't quite say that either.. :lol

Generally speaking, the HT figures have a lot of delicate intricate bits & pieces that need care when handling them. They don't just fall apart when you take them out of the box.

That said, HT have their fair share of QC issues, don't worry. Wrist pegs & knee joints on the bodies can break without really forcing them sometimes, & recently other things like rubber deterioration have tarnished an otherwise relatively stellar record thus far.

:lol

Well people have said Classic does not articulate as much as previous Preds so I wont play around too much.

:lol

Well people have said Classic does not articulate as much as previous Preds so I wont play around too much.
Actually, I think the recent HT Predator figures are probably a bit more sturdy than other HT figures in general. Just watch the delicate bits on the outfit etc, & the wire for the light up feature in the bio-mask..

Well for £14 a figure you cant really complain too much about the durability.

Uh... yeah, you can. Sure it's only 15-17 measely bucks, but I wouldn't expect breaks unless the thing was bought from the dollar store. Let's put it this way, children's toys can cost way less and be much more durable. I know those are meant for play, but NECA is meant for posing and display. If the figure can't serve the very purpose for which it was made, what's the point?

NECA either needs to realize people will pay out the ass for quality (why else do so many still prefer Hot Toys, despite their inaccuracies?) or keep churning out disappointment after disappointment. I don't even know what the new Hot Toys 1/4 P1 will look like, but I know for sure I'm buying it and that I'll sell my NECA version one of these days. Lately I've just realized I can't go on with this company any longer. It's too pitiful to see all this potential wasted because they're too oblivious to their fanbase and too forgiving with their piss-poor factory workers. If Hot Toys puts out a Predator that's within 10% of sculpt perfection, I'll gladly let the quality and paint apps make up for whatever it's missing -- and their sculpts are slowly improving.

Even for $15, these are way too problematic, way too sub-par, and take up way too much space (you need at least a handful together for their shelf to look nice enough).

I'll get out of this thread now since I've pretty much described my recent epiphany and there's no need to shove it down anyone's throat nor stick around to argue why it's right or wrong. Different people have different priorities and tolerances when it comes to figures and heck, I know why people will continue to buy NECA because I used to feel the same. Looking at my collection and considering the recent announcements though, I felt I just had to make a decision and it's one I've been mulling around over for quite some time. Pretty much done with NECA. It's been a great run, but far too inconsistent for my taste.

Kyle, you know we love you and this has absolutely nothing to do with your brilliant work. Keep at it and don't stop pestering Randy and the higher-ups for a shot at true greatness! We'll come running when that day comes!

Uh... yeah, you can. Sure it's only 15-17 measely bucks, but I wouldn't expect breaks unless the thing was bought from the dollar store. Let's put it this way, children's toys can cost way less and be much more durable. I know those are meant for play, but NECA is meant for posing and display. If the figure can't serve the very purpose for which it was made, what's the point?

NECA either needs to realize people will pay out the ass for quality (why else do so many still prefer Hot Toys, despite their inaccuracies?) or keep churning out disappointment after disappointment. I don't even know what the new Hot Toys 1/4 P1 will look like, but I know for sure I'm buying it and that I'll sell my NECA version one of these days. Lately I've just realized I can't go on with this company any longer. It's too pitiful to see all this potential wasted because they're too oblivious to their fanbase and too forgiving with their piss-poor factory workers. If Hot Toys puts out a Predator that's within 10% of sculpt perfection, I'll gladly let the quality and paint apps make up for whatever it's missing -- and the sculpts are slowly improving, no question there.

Even for $15, these are way too problematic, way too sub-par, and take up way too much space (you need at least a handful together for their shelf to look nice enough).

I'll get out of this thread now since I've pretty much described my recent epiphany and there's no need to shove it down anyone's throat nor stick around to argue why it's right or wrong. Different people have different priorities and tolerances when it comes to figures and heck, I know why people will continue to buy NECA because I used to feel the same. Looking at my collection and considering the recent announcements, I felt I just had to make a decision and it's one I've been mulling around over for quite some time. Pretty much done with NECA. It's been a great run, but far too inconsistent for my taste.

Kyle, you know we love you and this has absolutely nothing to do with your brilliant work. Keep at it and don't stop pestering Randy and the higher-ups for a shot at true greatness! We'll come running when that day comes!

While what you said is true, the fact still remains. Those people who cant afford HT either have no figures or NECA. Thats why they still make money as not everyone can buy HT and so they keep making these and not improving them as they are selling.

When I get money I will buy HT but otherwise NECA it is. I would prefer HT of course but we cant always get what we want in life!

Here's hoping we get some Alien-related news at toyfair. The announcement of the Dog/Ox Alien and/or the Queen would be awesome.

Uh... yeah, you can. Sure it's only 15-17 measely bucks, but I wouldn't expect breaks unless the thing was bought from the dollar store. Let's put it this way, children's toys can cost way less and be much more durable. I know those are meant for play, but NECA is meant for posing and display. If the figure can't serve the very purpose for which it was made, what's the point?!

Yeah, I've always said, if they can't provide joints that are capable of doing what they're supposed to without snapping then they might aswell return to the McFarlane days of 7" statues.

However, so far so good with the most recent wave and the 2 pack.

I keep bringing this one up but the T2 series 3 T-1000 was an absolute joke. I've been collecting toys of some kind since 1995 and I have never in all those years came across QC as poor as was on that figure - and I bought 11 of the damn thing.

I still have a 2008 release 7" 1979 Alien figure that I'm yet to open.. hoping he's ok.

I remember - before buying the one I've got, seeing another one like it at a local toy shop, & one of the legs was broken off IN THE PACKAGE. They had it on the peg for sale just like nothing was wrong with it. :slap

Yeah, I've always said, if they can't provide joints that are capable of doing what they're supposed to without snapping then they might aswell return to the McFarlane days of 7" statues.

However, so far so good with the most recent wave and the 2 pack.

I keep bringing this one up but the T2 series 3 T-1000 was an absolute joke. I've been collecting toys of some kind since 1995 and I have never in all those years came across QC as poor as was on that figure - and I bought 11 of the damn thing.

When that happens... stop.

All righty, now I'm out. Just felt I should address that post is all.

When that happens... stop.

All righty, now I'm out. Just felt I should address that post is all.

Well yeah I've since come to regret buying that many - not just because they all broke...and I do mean all - but because it was just major overkill on one figure. There wasn't enough sufficiently different appearances that I could make to justify buying that amount.

Another reason I multi-bought the NECA ones was to avert any need I might feel to multi-buy the more expensive HT ones. This failed. I multi-bought the HT ones :lol

Well yeah I've since come to regret buying that many - not just because they all broke...and I do mean all - but because it was just major overkill on one figure. There wasn't enough sufficiently different appearances that I could make to justify buying that amount.

Another reason I multi-bought the NECA ones was to avert any need I might feel to multi-buy the more expensive HT ones. This failed. I multi-bought the HT ones :lol

I wont buy more then one of each NECA. If I buy one and it breaks then thats it. :lecture

i always buy 2 of each neca figures just beacuse i like having one open and one in the original packing :)

now Come on neca give us the dog alien! :)

Back