NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not an art collector. and i expect my film collectibles to look like what they're supposed to. "artist's interpretation" is an excuse for lousy sculpting.

I'm talking about their original Queen figure, not the AvP one. What's wrong with it in your opinion?

Strange and mysterious, the 7" from the playset looks much better than the 12"

I'm talking about their original Queen figure, not the AvP one. What's wrong with it in your opinion?
my problem with it is it doesn't look much like the creature in the film. and if you don't already see that, then i don't think explaining it will help. i just hope someone can make a better one some day and the bar is pretty low.

my problem with it is it doesn't look much like the creature in the film. and if you don't already see that, then i don't think explaining it will help. i just hope someone can make a better one some day and the bar is pretty low.

I'm all for learning. Could you please post some comparison pix?

OAFE gave the figure a pretty good review back in the day, here. He off course compares it to the Kenner figure, which I think really falls under your description of an inaccurate figure.

I'm all for learning. Could you please post some comparison pix?

OAFE gave the figure a pretty good review back in the day, here. He off course compares it to the Kenner figure, which I think really falls under your description of an inaccurate figure.

The Kenner Queen from the Queen Hive playset is more accurate than the McFarlane Queen. :slap

I think the Tsukuda queen is the most accurate figure out there. Alas, it lacks details and the paint apps are pretty weak.

Movie prop:
34878928fp54ot2329426328XROQDF23234.jpg

Tsukuda:
tsukudaqueen.jpg

The McF queen is still amazing. Dont care what you ____ collectors say. It looks enough like the Queen for the price it was. :lol

But we also need NECA and Tankman to revisit their Alien and Aliens figures!
Can you imagine how cool those figures would be with the type of articulation that NECA is using for the P2 city hunter? It would also help Kyle fix some things on his original sculpt.
Damn, I want NECA to revisit their aliens now!

I hope that it will not have the articulations as a toy. I do not like the predator hound... especially the hips:

neca-predator-series-3-predator-hound.jpg

The design of the dog alien would help hide the joints a lot. On the other aliens you could always use a bit of rubber to make the articulation gaps smaller while still retaining ample movement.

CELTICP AND MCFARLANE sitting in a tree...

:monkey4

Hiding your anger with humor makes me laugh.

Ok, it was beautiful and I won't sell it, but it wasn't accurate enough.

NECA has become a much better toy company than McFarlane could ever hope to be again. & I can't imagine Falk wouldn't eventually get us an ideal Queen...

don't think they have rights for the games. just the movies. and no actors. so i doubt it.

Hey, I just got the AVPR alien, and the leg is warped inward. Is there any way to fix this?

lol Yeah, I've heard of the blowdryer/hot water techniques, but I was just wondering how to apply them. Wouldn't want to damage the figure.

Use a hairdryer, I don't trust pouring water on my figures..

Just heat up the warped area untill it's soft enough to bend, then position it however you want it, and hold it there for a while..maybe hold it in your freezer or something.

No damage will come to it unless you overheat it, or bend it too much..etc.

Thanks a bunch.

Also, I WANNA SEE THAT NECA DOG ALIEN!!!!!!!QUIT HOLDING OUT ON US!!!

Back