NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally sat down to open up my Razor Claw Alien that I?d gotten a while back, and was met with the right leg popping right out of the socket in the hips where the two legs connect. I?ve tried heating the area to get it back in, but it just won?t stay. It?s almost like the hole is too big for the peg on the leg that came off. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

I finally sat down to open up my Razor Claw Alien that I?d gotten a while back, and was met with the right leg popping right out of the socket in the hips where the two legs connect. I?ve tried heating the area to get it back in, but it just won?t stay. It?s almost like the hole is too big for the peg on the leg that came off. Any suggestions for how to fix this?

Thick superglue, gel type. Put a drop in the socket, put the peg in, and keep moving it through its range of motion until you're certain the glue has cured. If it's still loose, do it again. You could probably try hot glue, too, but superglue is the traditional method. I've had it backfire more than once, so practice caution. The least amount, the better. God be with you.

You risk locking that joint forever if you use superglue and don't know EXACTLY what you're doing, so please allow me to suggest a slower but less risky solution.
Go out and get yourself a bottle of Pledge Floor Gloss (do not get cleaner) from Target or Walmart or a similar product if you're outside North America. Basically, this stuff is very thin acrylic clear. Brush a little onto the entire surface of the peg and let the leg dry for 24 hours with the peg either facing up or down and without it touching anything. After it dries, test it in the joint, and repeat if necessary. What you're trying to do is build up the surface slowly, so that it will just pop into the joint and actually stay there. It may take quite a few tries before this works, but that leg will never get stuck, as can so easily happen with the other method.

Excited to finally have Brett and Parker in my Pile o' Loot...
and also excited by this tweet.

In response to a question about whether there will be more for ALIEN's 40th beyond the 'Walmart' [Ash, Kane, Alien] wave, Randy responded: "Outlook is good. Very well received."
And now the lovely likelihood of getting the entire crew in their Nostromo attire is that much higher. :rock

Go out and get yourself a bottle of Pledge Floor Gloss (do not get cleaner) from Target or Walmart or a similar product if you're outside North America. Basically, this stuff is very thin acrylic clear. Brush a little onto the entire surface of the peg and let the leg dry for 24 hours with the peg either facing up or down and without it touching anything. After it dries, test it in the joint, and repeat if necessary. What you're trying to do is build up the surface slowly, so that it will just pop into the joint and actually stay there. It may take quite a few tries before this works, but that leg will never get stuck, as can so easily happen with the other method.

This is great advice! Perhaps I can tighten the joints on my old Sideshow Jawas with this method?

Excited to finally have Brett and Parker in my Pile o' Loot...
and also excited by this tweet.

In response to a question about whether there will be more for ALIEN's 40th beyond the 'Walmart' [Ash, Kane, Alien] wave, Randy responded: "Outlook is good. Very well received."
And now the lovely likelihood of getting the entire crew in their Nostromo attire is that much higher. :rock

Didn't see that tweet. I'd given up hope for anything other than TMNT talk.

But yeah that would seem to bode well. I wonder will they have been inspired to press ahead with jumpsuit versions of Dallas, Kane and Lambert sooner rather than later so as to finish the entire crew (not counting possible variants). I know they like to draw things out but when there's basically just 3 more essential figures?

Last edited:
It would be odd for them to release three completely new figures though, wouldn't it? I think they usually release two new ones plus a variant of an older figure or some sort of accessory/creature pack.

It would be odd for them to release three completely new figures though, wouldn't it? I think they usually release two new ones plus a variant of an older figure or some sort of accessory/creature pack.

And even then, their preferred method is at least one creature of some type. I think they did an all human wave one time and were vocal on twitter about how much worse that wave did in sales than all their others.

I would say expect a creature of some type, rereleased figure of some type, then one of the 'new regular clothes' figures from the in-demand trio per wave.
They'll milk this for 3 waves easy.

Yeah but what can they do for the creature quota from the first movie at this point? They're not gonna keep resculpting the Alien (much as we might think they still need to) - they've done the concept version, the bloody version and they've already SA'd the crap out of it. So, what, just carrying the same figure forward for each wave?

Hmmm. Well....I aint trying to give NECA any ideas to milk us ruthlessly, and I know these aren't "1979" relevant, but they could perhaps mix in...

-A singles release of the "Concept Warrior" from the Burke 2-pack (with smooth dome on 86 body)
-Super surprised they didn't invert the colors when they did the 'battle damaged' re-releases (brown with exploding head, blue with regular body shots)
-Re-release of Isolation alien
-Re-release of that other comic alien (drawing a blank, but it had some side stuff around its face)
-Could take a crack at the 'spitter' from A:CM (or god forbid the bubblers, would suck but just saying they havent done it yet)
-maybe a red or black version of any of the above citing the Genocide angle

Oh, I know. At least one could be the '79 creature with a harpoon and cable sticking out of its chest with some clever packaging and box art to look as if it has just been ejected. Yup. If I was them, that would 100% be in a wave.

This is great advice! Perhaps I can tighten the joints on my old Sideshow Jawas with this method?
It's excellent for tightening joints, and since the Jawa wears a robe, there shouldn't be much worry about the high gloss of the Pledge.

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

Hmmm. Well....I aint trying to give NECA any ideas to milk us ruthlessly, and I know these aren't "1979" relevant, but they could perhaps mix in...

-A singles release of the "Concept Warrior" from the Burke 2-pack (with smooth dome on 86 body)
-Super surprised they didn't invert the colors when they did the 'battle damaged' re-releases (brown with exploding head, blue with regular body shots)
-Re-release of Isolation alien
-Re-release of that other comic alien (drawing a blank, but it had some side stuff around its face)
-Could take a crack at the 'spitter' from A:CM (or god forbid the bubblers, would suck but just saying they havent done it yet)
-maybe a red or black version of any of the above citing the Genocide angle

Oh, I know. At least one could be the '79 creature with a harpoon and cable sticking out of its chest with some clever packaging and box art to look as if it has just been ejected. Yup. If I was them, that would 100% be in a wave.

Hmmm... the harpooned alien isn't a bad idea at all...
A chestburster Kane could also be an option, and/or a cocooned Dallas.

Those are all GREAT ideas. Would definitely go for a cocooned Dallas and Brett set. Although I don't know if I would want cocooned Brett as he is in the movie or the Giger's Alien book.

Definitely the Alien Isolation Alien, that has been inundated with Chinese knock-offs and I've been after that one for a while. Heck all these are great suggestions.

I wonder if in some instances they would go back to clamshell packaging, for instance Drake if he ever sees the light of day, as the others in the Aliens set are older figures now he's going to stick out like a sore thumb with card packaging. Unless they rerelease all those....

That's the only one I'd be interested in there.

Hmmm... the harpooned alien isn't a bad idea at all...
A chestburster Kane could also be an option, and/or a cocooned Dallas.

Not sure they'd count towards the ''creature'' quota for a typical 3 figure wave but as general suggestions for what they can still do from Alien I'd definitely be interested.

I wonder if in some instances they would go back to clamshell packaging, for instance Drake if he ever sees the light of day, as the others in the Aliens set are older figures now he's going to stick out like a sore thumb with card packaging. Unless they rerelease all those....

I definitely hope they go back to the clamshells. The 40th anniversary packaging is too thin and easily damaged.

Back