NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brett & Parker - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

Picked these two up locally today.

I'm very impressed with both, NECA knocked these out of the park. The likenesses are spot on, the detailing is superb and the quality is excellent. It was refreshing to open some new figures that didn't have any major QC issues. Parker did have some stiff joints, but that was easily fixed with a hairdrier. Speaking of which, you will need to use a hairdrier to soften their hands in order for the accessories to fit in them. Not a big deal. The accessories are all well detailed and cleanly painted. Overall, I'm very happy. The only complaint I could possibly have is price. It seems like these would have been cheaper only a few years ago. Prices have been creeping up quite a bit lately.

Now I do have a bit of a related rant. I have been checking my nearest Target for the exclusive Ripley for 6 weeks now, and I have seen absolutely no sign of the exclusive 40th anniversary wave. I even managed to travel to the next closest Target today and found nothing. What I find baffling is that a big retailer like Target can't get their own exclusives on the shelves, yet a small locally owned toy store can receive their own exclusives (in this case Brett and Parker), with no trouble at all and in decent quantity. If this is how bad it's going to be with Target, I can only imagine how much worse it will be when Ash and Kane come to Walmart in the fall.

Also, has anyone recently communicated with NECA customer service? The last email I got from them was in October, I've had no replies since. Just curious.

Awesome, really looking forward to these two!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Thanks. It's great they released them together, you can't have one without the other. I like both figures, but Brett might be my favorite of the two.

Once I had them in hand I knew I had to make some extras. Brett's hand has just enough of a gap to fit a cigarette. I also made a non rolled up version of Parker's magazine. I need to find him a net next, hopefully I find some material for it next time I visit the craft store.

I did end up altering Parker's flamethrower, the stock strap just felt way too flimsy so I replaced it with something more durable. I also moved the white tank forward a bit to give more room for his hand to fit on the grip. On mine the hand was bending the tank forward too much. I have a feeling when NECA made the accessory they made it to fit Ripley's hand specifically.

Thanks. It's great they released them together, you can't have one without the other. I like both figures, but Brett might be my favorite of the two.

Once I had them in hand I knew I had to make some extras. Brett's hand has just enough of a gap to fit a cigarette. I also made a non rolled up version of Parker's magazine. I need to find him a net next, hopefully I find some material for it next time I visit the craft store.

I did end up altering Parker's flamethrower, the stock strap just felt way too flimsy so I replaced it with something more durable. I also moved the white tank forward a bit to give more room for his hand to fit on the grip. On mine the hand was bending the tank forward too much. I have a feeling when NECA made the accessory they made it to fit Ripley's hand specifically.

If I'm not mistaken you actually managed to make a miniaturized copy of the actual Fiesta magazine used in the movie. Props man that's some skills. Did you get the bloodied A L I E N? If so please, please take some shots.

********* what's with BBTS going from having stock levels of 20+ to all of a sudden being sold out on stuff? Why do some things get discounted while other stuff is, I dunno, entirely redistributed to other retailers? Bought back en masse by NECA?

Had been keeping my eye on the Resurrection Queen. Just when I decide to bite it's gone.

If I'm not mistaken you actually managed to make a miniaturized copy of the actual Fiesta magazine used in the movie. Props man that's some skills. Did you get the bloodied A L I E N? If so please, please take some shots.

I found the magazine cover with an image search after searching to see what magazine it was. I couldn't find the back, so I searched until I found a vintage advertisement that was close enough. I scaled them down and printed it as one piece that could be folded in half, and glued some blank pages inside. So it doesn't open. I made two, and rolled up the one that didn't look as nice.

I did not get the bloody alien for two reasons - I still have to find an ultimate big chap that doesn't have horrific quality control, and the store I bought Bret and Parker at had the bloody Alien priced higher than them for some reason. Back when the bloody Alien was revealed I thought it might be cool to have but I'd rather save my money and keep searching for the clean ultimate version first.

The Search by scarrviper, on Flickr

Got the Ultimate '79 Alien. I actually got a decent one QC-wise. The articulation is great and I like the paintjob and glossy look. For once no complaints in that area from me although I understand I've gotten lucky. I did still use a hairdryer on the joints just in case.

Downsides - I prefer a more cloudy dome myself and, as ever, they don't quite capture the face. One wishes they'd have tried the two headsculpt route like Mafex for the closed and open mouthed looks.

The box is lovely - apart from their insistence on putting the stupid name ''Big Chap'' on it. Way to diminish the intimidation factor of the creature.

I love that they've made a '79-specific egg, facehugger and chestburster now. Surprised how big the egg is, wasn't expecting it to be bigger than the Aliens version. Now we need sealed eggs and it'd be nice to get another open one but with the disgusting innards sculpted in (as opposed to the egg being completely hollow like this one).

Got the Ultimate '79 Alien. I actually got a decent one QC-wise. The articulation is great and I like the paintjob and glossy look. For once no complaints in that area from me although I understand I've gotten lucky. I did still use a hairdryer on the joints just in case.

Downsides - I prefer a more cloudy dome myself and, as ever, they don't quite capture the face. One wishes they'd have tried the two headsculpt route like Mafex for the closed and open mouthed looks.

The box is lovely - apart from their insistence on putting the stupid name ''Big Chap'' on it. Way to diminish the intimidation factor of the creature.

I love that they've made a '79-specific egg, facehugger and chestburster now. Surprised how big the egg is, wasn't expecting it to be bigger than the Aliens version. Now we need sealed eggs and it'd be nice to get another open one but with the disgusting innards sculpted in (as opposed to the egg being completely hollow like this one).

Top of the mornin to you big chap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats man!
Yeah, the face is a bit disappointing... if only the dome was attached a bit further down on the lips it would look much better.

I think I’m just going to seek out the Nostromo crew from the 40th Anniversary line and will get the ultimate Big Chap. Don’t really feel the need to get the Big Chaps from the 40th Anniversary collection. Really hope I’ll be able to find Ash and Kane at Walmart easily. I sort of wish Dallas and Kane were in their crew suits versus the space suits, but I guess the space suits are iconic.

I'm sure we'll get Dallas, Lambert and Kane in their Nostromo duds. NECA have the likeness rights, and making those three will be like printing money.

I think they will want to make all three - only question is how long will they draw it out. Will the '79 line go quiet for the next couple of years or even till the next significant anniversary? I hope we don't have to wait that long. I hope they're willing to put out both figures from Alien and Aliens within one year, that way we get requested characters from each without too much of a downtime.

Top of the mornin to you big chap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And that's why it's a silly name. It brings the Alien down to Earth - specifically to England or, yeah, even Ireland. It might be different if someone called it that in the movie but no one did. And if Big Chap makes it onto toy packaging now how come 'Uncle Bob' never caught on for the T2 T-800? That actually was in the movie :lol

Congrats man!
Yeah, the face is a bit disappointing... if only the dome was attached a bit further down on the lips it would look much better.

Got him in a nice deep crouch with the tail curling up from underneath him.

Good as the QC seems to be on my particular one I'd still worry about the joints refreezing though so the hairdryer might have to be used whenever I move anything. I've had so many NECA Aliens breaking out of the blue when I decide to repose after months or years.

Back