NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've just realised something. Where's Brett's cigarette? The dude was a chain-smoker extraordinaire!

Right

Probably, since the 'reveals' for Alien appear to be on the same trajectory as the 'reveals' for Predator, with nothing much beyond what we already know about. Unless... today is the day they confirm the corridor diorama? An egg set could be a possibility, and while less exciting than a full diorama, it would at least show something new. And then we could all complain about there being too many open eggs relative to the number of closed eggs that we all would prefer :lol

To be fair the predator news was pretty lackluster.

I am looking forward to Brett and Parker. However, I've yet to find the target exclusive Ripley. I've been checking for 4 weeks now, and today there was finally a restock but no alien 40th figures. Plus I still have yet to find a good ultimate big chap.

The Predator reveals were indeed not mindblowing. I had prepared myself not to see Harrigan but I thought we'd at least see 2 more of the Losties. A battle damaged city hunter solo release is most welcome though.

EdtiGo2WsAIj0X5.jpg
EdtiGo2WAAAhPck.jpg
EdtPgASWoAQDU3o.jpg

Indeed. I have my usual criticism though - lack of alternate hands. Doesn't look like Ash will actually be able to hold many of his accessories. I'm also wondering about his elbow joints...kinda looks like he doesn't have any....or they're swivel joints which would be a random step backwards...or they're up under the blue jumpsuit sleeves which would be a bizarre place for his arm to bend.

Right

The Predator reveals were indeed not mindblowing. I had prepared myself not to see Harrigan but I thought we'd at least see 2 more of the Losties. A battle damaged city hunter solo release is most welcome though.

View attachment 491223
View attachment 491224
View attachment 491225

Where did you see these at? Are they up for order? So I need to pick up two Kane astronauts to pose one with chest burster and one without but need to get another Dallas astronaut for his helmet to give to Kane, I think?

Wait a minute- we already have Kane astronaut, right? Is this another redo?

Those pics are from NECA's twitter. We did get Kane before but not with a John Hurt headsculpt as his likeness rights were not granted for the original figure.

The Parker and Brett wave have been available for preorder but not yet the Ash/Kane wave.

Indeed. I have my usual criticism though - lack of alternate hands. Doesn't look like Ash will actually be able to hold many of his accessories. I'm also wondering about his elbow joints...kinda looks like he doesn't have any....or they're swivel joints which would be a random step backwards...or they're up under the blue jumpsuit sleeves which would be a bizarre place for his arm to bend.

Re: Ash?s elbows, I think this still is the prototype, right? I doubt NECA would release the figure without elbow joints...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

That's what I speculated on twitter, maybe they took a picture of the 2up next to the accessories the figure will ultimately come with.

Those pics are from NECA's twitter. We did get Kane before but not with a John Hurt headsculpt as his likeness rights were not granted for the original figure.

The Parker and Brett wave have been available for preorder but not yet the Ash/Kane wave.

Okay, thanks. My stuff is all in storage. So if I buy another Dallas for his helmet to put on Kane do you think I'll need to modify it?. Their helmets were all the same, correct?

Okay, thanks. My stuff is all in storage. So if I buy another Dallas for his helmet to put on Kane do you think I'll need to modify it?. Their helmets were all the same, correct?

I think they're the same yes but unless I'm misunderstanding you you won't need to do that. Kane will come with a helmet and 2 visors - one clean and one that's been burnt through by the facehugger. So you just switch the visors out depending on which head you're using.

I think they're the same yes but unless I'm misunderstanding you you won't need to do that. Kane will come with a helmet and 2 visors - one clean and one that's been burnt through by the facehugger. So you just switch the visors out depending on which head you're using.

Oh that's real cool! Thanks for your help!

I'm also wondering about his elbow joints...kinda looks like he doesn't have any....or they're swivel joints which would be a random step backwards...or they're up under the blue jumpsuit sleeves which would be a bizarre place for his arm to bend.
i think they made Shredder's double elbow joints and either covered them better with soft plastic or photoshopped the gaps.

4l8dAut.jpg

e36ce7a5-neca-toys-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-1-4-inch-scale-shredder-figure-07.jpg

Brett has double elbows so Ash probably will too. If that's not the 2up and if that's not photoshopped they're extremely well done.

Now we just need Dallas, Kane and Lambert in crew clothing. And Kane with chest-bursting action of course.

That we do. I'm sure it must be as obvious to Randy as it is to us although I haven't seen him respond to any comments about it.

Back