NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultimate Warrior and Big Chap have been updated with new hip joints. Warrior also has a new neck hinge. Brown Warrior is more "copper" (I guess like the Scorpion Alien). Big Chap no shading on dome.

Not my photos.

1595774686480.jpg

1595714928777.jpg

1595794752397.jpg

1595771270590.jpg

1595771730911.jpg

Last edited:
Very interesting. Hopefully this means I still have a chance of finding a decent big chap at retail if he's still being shipped with these revisions.

I did see at my last visit to Target they had 3 brown warriors and thought it was odd since I hadn't seen one in a long time. I never got any of the first batch, all the ones I saw in person looked like bootlegs.

I've not seen it mentioned much, but it seems like each time neca brings back an ultimate figure with a new run, there are changes made. Leatherface has had 3 different apron designs, I've seen 3-4 variations of part 1 Freddy and part 3 Jason over time.

Very interesting. Hopefully this means I still have a chance of finding a decent big chap at retail if he's still being shipped with these revisions.

I did see at my last visit to Target they had 3 brown warriors and thought it was odd since I hadn't seen one in a long time. I never got any of the first batch, all the ones I saw in person looked like bootlegs.

I've not seen it mentioned much, but it seems like each time neca brings back an ultimate figure with a new run, there are changes made. Leatherface has had 3 different apron designs, I've seen 3-4 variations of part 1 Freddy and part 3 Jason over time.

I don't know. All the new runs of previously released figures I've seen (in person) always look worse. It's rather disheartening.

I don't know. All the new runs of previously released figures I've seen (in person) always look worse. It's rather disheartening.

I know what you mean. A lot of the reissues have looked worse, with only a few exceptions. My part 1 Freddy is from the first reissue batch and is a huge improvement over the original release. Then when he was issued again at Target every single one I saw looked like bootlegs. Same goes for the reissue of part 3 Freddy. Then when NECA arrived at Walmart, I noticed part 1 Freddy with a much brighter colored sweater.

Someone asked on twitter if they'd revisit the AvP Alien Warrior and the answer was ''we will get back there eventually''.

So it seems the AvP line will come back in some form. Presumably after the new AvP:R figures.

The AvP alien is one of their best, actually. Great articulation, decent paint apps, no warped limbs, no stuck joints... the two I got were pretty much perfect.
Grid though could have used some work. The scarred dome looked cheap, and the blue color of the figure wasn't too hot. Besides, they should've hacked off the tail to make it accurate. But the regular one is brilliant.

1/4 AVP Predators and Aliens, please.

Actually a 1/4 Dog and Resurrection Warrior would be amazing.

1/4 AVP Predators and Aliens, please.

Actually a 1/4 Dog and Resurrection Warrior would be amazing.

I've recently become more space-conscious...errr, more accurately I've recently become [Deleted Word] space-conscious, having pretty much never been before. Always been a 'buy now worry where to squash it in later' kind of collector. For this new me I don't think 1/4 AVPs, Res Warrior or Dog Alien would make the cut.

Anyway, I dread to think how NECA would handle the Dog Alien with its many joints and the spindly nature of those limbs. They'd really need to up their plastic game for that one.

I also think NECA skews 'relative' scale between characters even more badly at 1/4 than at 1/10. The 7ft+ Jungle Hunter Predator really doesn't seem sufficiently taller in ''1/4 scale'' figure form than the Ninja Turtles for example - who are supposed to be, what, 5ft tall? Less?

Last edited:
I've recently become more space-conscious...errr, more accurately I've recently become [Deleted Word] space-conscious, having pretty much never been before. Always been a 'buy now worry where to squash it in later' kind of collector. For this new me I don't think 1/4 AVPs, Res Warrior or Dog Alien would make the cut.

Anyway, I dread to think how NECA would handle the Dog Alien with its many joints and the spindly nature of those limbs. They'd really need to up their plastic game for that one.

I also think NECA skews 'relative' scale between characters even more badly at 1/4 than at 1/10. The 7ft+ Jungle Hunter Predator really doesn't seem sufficiently taller in ''1/4 scale'' figure form than the tall Ninja Turtles for example - who are supposed to be, what, 5ft tall? Less?

I view space conscious as a nice simple responsible soft term for:

1. I?m broke

2. The company just isn?t making the products I need

Lets use that in a sentence now:

Hey your Terminator collection looks very sparse and somewhat repetitive, clean sure nice shelf spacing but sparse nonetheless what gives.

I?m just being space conscious

lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto.
I actually have a very spacious basement that the misses stays out of and yet the area is overflowing and cluttered. Some of the larger props and costumes surely eat up a lot of it, but the wall-to-wall action figures seems silly now even by my standards. The days of rubber stamping purchases of everything Alien related are long gone. Might even be time to start clearing out rather than adding on.

Also a heavy dose of explanation #2 from above doesn't help.

Brett & Parker - NECA by scarrviper, on Flickr

Picked these two up locally today.

I'm very impressed with both, NECA knocked these out of the park. The likenesses are spot on, the detailing is superb and the quality is excellent. It was refreshing to open some new figures that didn't have any major QC issues. Parker did have some stiff joints, but that was easily fixed with a hairdrier. Speaking of which, you will need to use a hairdrier to soften their hands in order for the accessories to fit in them. Not a big deal. The accessories are all well detailed and cleanly painted. Overall, I'm very happy. The only complaint I could possibly have is price. It seems like these would have been cheaper only a few years ago. Prices have been creeping up quite a bit lately.

Now I do have a bit of a related rant. I have been checking my nearest Target for the exclusive Ripley for 6 weeks now, and I have seen absolutely no sign of the exclusive 40th anniversary wave. I even managed to travel to the next closest Target today and found nothing. What I find baffling is that a big retailer like Target can't get their own exclusives on the shelves, yet a small locally owned toy store can receive their own exclusives (in this case Brett and Parker), with no trouble at all and in decent quantity. If this is how bad it's going to be with Target, I can only imagine how much worse it will be when Ash and Kane come to Walmart in the fall.

Also, has anyone recently communicated with NECA customer service? The last email I got from them was in October, I've had no replies since. Just curious.

I managed to pick up Dallas and Ripley from a Target superstore, it wasn't in two smaller Target stores. Seems to be very difficult to get ones where the flimsy box hasn't been dinged up, that's if you can even find them in the first place. I'm not a fan of the store exclusive BS I have to say.

Yeah I've kinda gone sour on the packaging for this series. It is indeed very flimsy, easily damaged. Think I'd have preferred they stuck with the clamshells for consistency with the previous stuff.

Back