NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Footage from the NECA fan gathering last weekend shows Randy saying that we'll get a corridor diorama (presumably a Nostromo corridor since that would correspond well w/ the 40th Anniv. offerings) next year. Maybe we'll see it at SDCC?

Earlier in the video, the team also mentions that the Kenner Rhino alien will be shown at SDCC, and there's another ~30 minute Part II video from this same Q&A session which I haven't had a chance to watch yet, so... maybe there's still more info to be revealed?

My new custom floor grates made by Mighty Caine's Customs to go with my Aliens Battle scene and some new pics from my new camera!

Cool stuff man.

Footage from the NECA fan gathering last weekend shows Randy saying that we'll get a corridor diorama (presumably a Nostromo corridor since that would correspond well w/ the 40th Anniv. offerings) next year. Maybe we'll see it at SDCC?

Earlier in the video, the team also mentions that the Kenner Rhino alien will be shown at SDCC, and there's another ~30 minute Part II video from this same Q&A session which I haven't had a chance to watch yet, so... maybe there's still more info to be revealed?

Their '79 line will be shaping up as good as the '86 line after all this.

New flame effects added to the scene, looks much better having the flame thrower effect from the dual Ripley & Newt pack on frost's flame thrower , plus these flames from china looks cool as ******!

20190701_202412.jpg

20190701_202425.jpg

20190701_202433.jpg

Their '79 line will be shaping up as good as the '86 line after all this.
Yes, quite possibly! I recall that the ALIENS Anniversary line spilled forward into the following year, so I wouldn't be surprised if we're treated to more '79 surprises beyond what we're shown at SDCC. Parker, Brett, and now this diorama announcement are plenty exciting already, but I suspect a Nostromo version of Dallas is pretty much inevitable at this point, and if ever there were a perfect time for NECA to put extra effort into getting likeness rights for John Hurt, this would be the year, so... well, not to get my hopes too high, but my fingers are crossed for Kane!

Hot damn! Will be my first dio for sure.

I was dusting off and relocating my NECA aliens and I was just struck by what an amazing figure (despite QC issues and somewhat weak paint apps) the NECA Giger Alien really is, so I just took a couple of quick iPhone pics!

a63f2aa604efb31457548111d729fe58.jpg
baf5d9047d2021fa81e1c927201145be.jpg
f277eb05759291d5ace798155c9bee1d.jpg
a8f5f792c71909b794d5670ecf8b7fa4.jpg

Just a really beautifully sculpted figure!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I certainly hope so...
In the end, all NECA needs is to secure a better factory to get better manufacture and paint apps, because there’s nothing inherently wrong with the sculpt or design of the figure (well, maybe update the head sculpt a bit and give it double jointed elbows), it’s just a matter of better materials and QC.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

20190714_130813.jpg

So my alien has hands (claws) now. Yes i know the hands are from AVP but who cares :)crying )

I'm surprised not to see Brett there or the corridor diorama Randy spoke of but otherwise I wasn't expecting to see anything we hadn't already seen or heard about so I'm not disappointed. I'm not overwhelmed either. I'm neutral.

I collect the Kenner tributes now so the Rhino Alien is a must. Parker looks fantastic, he's highest priority if I had to pick one. Crew is not expendable. In addition to a new '79 egg (albeit not translucent) looks to me like a new '79 Facehugger, I like that. As for the Alien itself, the 1/10 Ultimate, still not sure about that face. Is the dome not on properly? Love the box though, simplicity, the movie poster, I'm cool with that.

The 1/4 scale one - any changes from the last release that anyone can tell? I never bought it, stories of dodgy domes put me off. I also wonder will those skinny legs warp like always.

Ultimate Dog Alien - I can't tell if anything is different about the figure itself. Accessories are pretty minimal - a novelty recreation of the movie poster and some other chestburster? I'll take it for completism but doesn't seem like they've found a way to make that absolutely essential.

Last edited:
Looks like painted lips on the 1/4 Big Chap and a darker, yellower skull underneath the dome.

Still no Giger-style mouth sculpt, so not sure what the point is with either this or the 9" version.

Yeah, well...
Pretty underwhelming as far as I'm concerned.
My main interest was to see if NECA would update the Giger alien sculpt for the "ultimate" line, but it's just a repaint with a transparent dome instead of the translucent milky white one. No improved articulation, no new head/face sculpt.
Lazy and boring.
I'll wait for reviews to see if at least the materials and manufacture are better before considering getting either one, 'cause the repaint isn't doing it for me.
Very disappointing.

Pretty disappointed to not see Brett and the corridor. I'll be at NYCC in October, so maybe I'll see them there. Looks like the only thing Ultimate about the Dog Alien is the addition of the movie logo Queenburster and maybe they got rid of the clear blue plastic for the dome. Rhino Alien looks to be 75-80% newly sculpted parts so it's a shame it has hands instead of four feet like the original Kenner toy. The four feet and the horn were kinda the whole point of that silly thing.

Back