NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

Meh, I bring up Alien and Predator in the Terminator thread all the time. And he wasn't exactly the point of my post. You made him more a topic here than I did :monkey3

I hope in a 1:1 scale chestbuster from the first movie... but unfortunately, Neca is not very able to make accurate 1:1 figures from the Alien and Predator franchises.

67157715-2503028519759518-1797349079282352128-n.jpg

Truth be told, when we already knew all this stuff was coming it made the SDCC show pretty boring. Last year had some element of suspense, I dunno if that's the right word - but I had no idea they'd be showing John Connor at the show - I hoped, as I always did, but I didn't expect.

At the '19 show there was nothing at all I didn't expect on account of previous announcements via twitter. I dunno, maybe the horror or Turtles cartoon fans got something - I hadn't been paying attention to those - but as far as Alien/Predator/Terminator - nothing I didn't fully expect to be there.

Still, when Parker and Brett are added to my collection I certainly won't be complaining.

When is that John Connor figure coming out?

K, he's definitely being discussed in the wrong thread now :lol

He's an SDCC exclusive so he's not coming out as such. It's fair to speculate though that he might be reissued in some form in the future like Newt was.

NECA-Ultimate-Big-Chap-Alien-007.jpg

NECA-Ultimate-Big-Chap-Alien-014.jpg

In the official photos it looks a little better. The dome doesn't seem completely clear, as it should. I didn't pull out the old one, but I believe they redesigned the head. The egg is nicely done and the facehugger is the best so far. All things considered I think he's much more appealing compared to the Ultimate Dog which has nothing to offer.

67538377_2503031856425851_18737774081343488_o.jpg

67078448_2503031593092544_2622097978252328960_o.jpg

Do you guys think they updated the neck articulation? I also noticed a change in color. Now is closer to the old one. Could it be just their light setup?

I'm a bit disappointed, Neca's reveals just weren't that great this year. I'm happy for the ninja turtles fans whose dreams are coming true, but everything else just seemed underwhelming.

I'm glad we finally got to see the ultimate big chap, feels like ages since it was first hinted at on twitter. The new accessories are spot on. My only concern is about the quality control. I really need a '79 alien in my collection, the last 2 they released were either terrible quality or impossible to find in a store. I really hope this time we have a winner.

Ultimate dog alien is cool, I'll skip since I'm happy with the first release.

Parker looks solid, I wish Brett was on display too, I hope there's more to be revealed for the anniversary line. I thought for sure we would have seen more.

View attachment 461747

View attachment 461748

In the official photos it looks a little better. The dome doesn't seem completely clear, as it should. I didn't pull out the old one, but I believe they redesigned the head. The egg is nicely done and the facehugger is the best so far. All things considered I think he's much more appealing compared to the Ultimate Dog which has nothing to offer.

Looks like the head sculpt they usted for one of the exclusives NECA released after the v2.0... it was basically the same, just with larger/more prominent teeth. Which looks a bit silly IMHO...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

View attachment 461747

View attachment 461748

Ach! Bugger me backwards! They've only gone and sculpted the inside of the face-hugger correctly. The egg and chest burster are pretty sweet too. I'm going to have to get this now :(

Just had the chance to peruse the official pics.
The mouth on the 7" figure looks terrible... the larger teeth protruding from the lowered lips give the mouth a completely wrong shape. Wrong as in it looks like ****.
I can see the new articulation on the elbows and knees clearly now, so that's nice. I might get it just for the extras, and maybe try and port the older head on to the new body. But I'll wait for some reviews and in-hand pics before committing to this.
As for the 1/4 scale, in the official pics it looks like a straight repaint, it's clearly the same sculpt as the earlier version.

And who the hell poses these figures for NECA? Have they never seen Alien? That's not how the alien moved around. What's with the tail dragging behind? Every time the tail was seen in action, it was pointing forward between the alien's legs, because Giger, O'Bannon and Scott wanted to emphasize the phallic/rape angle of the alien...
I wonder if Tankman is still involved with this.

Well, to be the fair about the tail dragging behind that's probably for balance. Alien figures can't stand for ***t. I'd blame NECA only I think the McFarlane figures were the same.

Agreed about the face though, doesn't look right. Disappointing for the 'Ultimate' figure. The Warrior alien sculpt and the dog sculpt are both pretty great but they just can't seem to nail the '79 - possibly not helped by their insistence on the moving jaw.

Well, to be the fair about the tail dragging behind that's probably for balance. Alien figures can't stand for ***t. I'd blame NECA only I think the McFarlane figures were the same.

Agreed about the face though, doesn't look right. Disappointing for the 'Ultimate' figure. The Warrior alien sculpt and the dog sculpt are both pretty great but they just can't seem to nail the '79 - possibly not helped by their insistence on the moving jaw.

I think it's their obsession with the Rambaldi head. Don't know why after all these iterations and even a supposed resculpt, they haven't tried the Giger version.

I need a 1/4 dog alien...

This I'd still like to see.

I think it's their obsession with the Rambaldi head. Don't know why after all these iterations and even a supposed resculpt, they haven't tried the Giger version

Yeah originally I can see the rambaldi obsession. Inner mouth out, inner mouth in, big mouth open, big mouth closed, etc (so many dynamic options!). But it has been like 5 variants at this point. Old piranha mouth (Geiger's) would be fine with me now. Bring it on.

I could understand that with a mere mortal posing and taking photos, but a professional photo shoot to highlight their figure? They should be able to pose it much better than that.
As for the face, I'm not sure it's down to the moving jaw, Medicom managed to make a moving jaw on their 12" figure, and it has the Giger statue sculpt, not the Rambaldi animatronic face. I remember talking to Kyle about it (the face/head sculpt) when he sent me the first pics of the v2.0 figure, and he didn't seem to take too kindly to my suggestion of updating the sculpt... "it's perfect" is what he told me back then, so I just dropped it. :lol
But I do wonder if he's still working with NECA.

I could understand that with a mere mortal posing and taking photos, but a professional photo shoot to highlight their figure? They should be able to pose it much better than that.
As for the face, I'm not sure it's down to the moving jaw, Medicom managed to make a moving jaw on their 12" figure, and it has the Giger statue sculpt, not the Rambaldi animatronic face. I remember talking to Kyle about it (the face/head sculpt) when he sent me the first pics of the v2.0 figure, and he didn't seem to take too kindly to my suggestion of updating the sculpt... "it's perfect" is what he told me back then, so I just dropped it. :lol
But I do wonder if he's still working with NECA.

Somebody at NECA getting defensive about a work in progess? Shocking. :lol

The Alien "Big Chap" specs

Product Features
9 inches (22.86cm)
•Made of plastic
•40th Anniversary
•New sculpt and tons of detail
•Over 30 points of articulation, including double knee joints and bendable tail
•Display-friendly window box with opening flap

Not to stray off topic folks. The Mafex is a good scale w/the 1:12 (6 inch) figures I think.

As for the Neca 9 inch alien.....:dunno

Back