NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After the quality of the "Ultimate" Aliens figures I think I'll be giving these a miss. As for the 1/4 scale big chap I'll probably pick one up as I missed out on the bared teeth version last time after four attempts to find one that wasn't a QC nightmare. Parker looks fantastic though, but where for art thou Brett?

In an interview, Randy said the Dog Alien had been retooled with new articulation. From the pictures, all I can see is an added swivel in the very top knee joint. Arachnoid from the Arcade series used Dog parts, and it had it. Other than that, I don't think there's anything new.

In an interview, Randy said the Dog Alien had been retooled with new articulation. From the pictures, all I can see is an added swivel in the very top knee joint. Arachnoid from the Arcade series used Dog parts, and it had it. Other than that, I don't think there's anything new.
The only thing they had to do was to solve the neck articulation so it'd allow the head to go further back. I doubt they fixed that. The resurrection paint scheme doesn't work for me. I much prefer the reddish tones. So, other than the box I don't see anything appealing.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Is it even a Resurrection paint scheme, though? The NECA Resurrection Aliens are brown. That thing just looks straight-up orange.
Actually, you're right. The last year's prototype was orange. The new photos showed a darker, more towards brown shade. It doesn't look right regardless.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Rhino Alien looks to be 75-80% newly sculpted parts so it's a shame it has hands instead of four feet like the original Kenner toy. The four feet and the horn were kinda the whole point of that silly thing.

Good point.

No Dallas....

No blood, no Dallas. Nothing.

vlcsnap-2019-07-18-15h32m56s593.jpg

I wasn't expecting him. I did at least expect to see a completed Brett next to Parker though. I mean, what, they haven't finished his legs yet?

Yeah, well...
Pretty underwhelming as far as I'm concerned.
My main interest was to see if NECA would update the Giger alien sculpt for the "ultimate" line, but it's just a repaint with a transparent dome instead of the translucent milky white one. No improved articulation, no new head/face sculpt.
Lazy and boring.
I'll wait for reviews to see if at least the materials and manufacture are better before considering getting either one, 'cause the repaint isn't doing it for me.
Very disappointing.

I was hoping for a re-design alien head but oh well. I might still want to pick it up. But not the larger version. Looks like the previous as mentioned w/some different color to the figure.

I think I am nick picky; the neck on the original alien 1:12 & 1/4 scales are too long? I know for articulation purposes but even with some faults the Mafex looks better with the smaller neck. :dunno

I love how Parker turned out, very nice sculpt and paint, also the egg, even without translucency. I definitely hate the color they picked for the dog and the new dome on Big Chap (it looks like it's made of glass). His legs look too thick (or too human) due to the new knee articulation. But, they added double elbow joint, which is pretty good.

SDCC-2019-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-032.jpg

SDCC-2019-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-029.jpg

SDCC-2019-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-027.jpg

SDCC-2019-NECA-Alien-and-Predator-043.jpg

I love how Parker turned out, very nice sculpt and paint, also the egg, even without translucency. I definitely hate the color they picked for the dog and the new dome on Big Chap (it looks like it's made of glass). His legs look too thick (or too human) due to the new knee articulation. But, they added double elbow joint, which is pretty good.

View attachment 461385

View attachment 461386

View attachment 461387

View attachment 461388

You're right, the legs seem to have a different type of articulation, I can't really see the double jointed elbows though...
And the big teeth and new dome really kill it for me, doesn't look good at all.

I might need to see one of these in hand, but to be totally honest, I'm not really seeing a whole lot of Yaphet Kotto in that Parker figure.

Truth be told, when we already knew all this stuff was coming it made the SDCC show pretty boring. Last year had some element of suspense, I dunno if that's the right word - but I had no idea they'd be showing John Connor at the show - I hoped, as I always did, but I didn't expect.

At the '19 show there was nothing at all I didn't expect on account of previous announcements via twitter. I dunno, maybe the horror or Turtles cartoon fans got something - I hadn't been paying attention to those - but as far as Alien/Predator/Terminator - nothing I didn't fully expect to be there.

Still, when Parker and Brett are added to my collection I certainly won't be complaining.

but I had no idea they'd be showing John Connor at the show - I hoped, as I always did, but I didn't expect.
it's not even a terminator thread :slap
that JC figure sucks anyway, its proportions are inhuman, its birth hips are gay, **** it.

Back