NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it it's almost a reverse of the Rocky line..wasn't the first Neca Rocky figures using transculent skin parts and then when the anniversary line came out last year they fixed this with the proper flesh paint design.

WTF why would Neca make the Marines flesh in older series and then for their anniversary year make the skin parts shiny :gah:

Many of us, myself included, asked for the injected flesh tone plastic - it was used to great effect on Vasquez and we obviously hoped it would be likewise with Hicks and Hudson.

They are shiny. So even if you get a set with decent eyes and no mess you will still have that. I can tolerate it. Of more annoyance to me now is that at least one of my Hudson figures won't stay on his feet even with a stand. The ankle joints are weak.

Isn't it wonderful that we're spending $20+ for a plastic action figure these days and we have to be concerned about whether or not we get one that we can actually display? If it doesn't look like crap, it's put together like crap.

My updated Aliens display. I took some creative liberties with the tables for the face hugger tubes but I think they look pretty cool. Waiting patiently now for the sentry guns.

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1403.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1405.jpg

IMG_1406.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

That's a great display, I was thinking of something close to your display. Were do u get the floor grates from?

fa55075dfbfc72ccd389a6658f52024c.jpg

For those that were interested in using the queen facehugger for 1/6:
The Neca queen facehugger is maybe 20% too big, but I think, in lack of a better one, she's ok for 1/6.
(...and yes, I know that it wasn't Clemens posing with it like this - just so you don't have to tell me ;-)

Last edited:
For those that were interested in using the queen facehugger for 1/6:
The Neca queen facehugger is maybe 20% too big, but I think, in lack of a better one, she's ok for 1/6.
(...and yes, I know that it wasn't Clemens posing with it like this - just so you don't have to tell me ;-)

That repaint looks great!
Thanks for sharing.

Isn't it wonderful that we're spending $20+ for a plastic action figure these days and we have to be concerned about whether or not we get one that we can actually display? If it doesn't look like crap, it's put together like crap.

That's why I've dumped NECA 7" figures entirely. There's just too many ways to waste money chasing nostalgia - I can skip action figures. I figure it's one less avenue I won't flush money down. :lol

Finally got my Hicks/Hudson two pack from Calendars.com. I think that I lucked out and got a pretty good set. I actually like my old Hicks better so I will use him in my display. I don't have the old Hudson for a comparison but I think the one I got looks pretty good.

View attachment 331843

View attachment 331844

Wow Difabio was spot on about how horrible that shine looks.

Sheesh.

I don't get it it's almost a reverse of the Rocky line..wasn't the first Neca Rocky figures using transculent skin parts and then when the anniversary line came out last year they fixed this with the proper flesh paint design.

WTF why would Neca make the Marines flesh in older series and then for their anniversary year make the skin parts shiny :gah:
Painted flesh sucks.

Back