NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watching the new tv spots, we are going to get some weird figures for sure. There probably going to take on a new deadly species

Wow, there are a lot of talented sculptors, artists and fans out there. Sadly I only have the fan part to fall back on!

Another great display!

Really anxious now that Randy has not posted anything new for Aliens in ages. Maybe the criticism of the QC issues with the line is pissing him off ?

He hasn't posted anything much about anything for a while now. He pops in from time to time and says that he is insanely busy. I hope that he has been working on acquiring the licenses, or the actual figure, for some of the stuff that we have been asking for. Weller (Robocop), Weathers (Dillon), Furlong (John Connor), etc, etc, etc...

Randy did just post this however:

@NECA_TOYS 50s50 seconds ago

NECA Retweeted
Not sure if I can attend any screenings. Loads of new reveals coming and a special release for alien day too

@NECA_TOYS #alienDay426 is upon us.Will you be attending any of the movie screenings Randy? I can't wait for all the #AlienDay Neca reveals!

Just got my first set of flesh tone plastic Hudson / Hicks in the mail. Has anyone been tempted to spray with acrylic matte finish ? If so what were the results ?

Just got my first set of flesh tone plastic Hudson / Hicks in the mail. Has anyone been tempted to spray with acrylic matte finish ? If so what were the results ?

I'd be careful with the sprays. Depending on what kind of plastic it actual is, odds are medium high that it will simply get tacky and stay sticky forever. I tried spraying painting a spraying a gloss on to a SW black series figure and had that happen. Had to strip it all down.

Now mod-podge "matt" finish should be safe. I have some and will be attempting exactly that after I touch up some paint on my heads.

I was thinking of using " vallejo clear matte " or " citadel clear matte ", I gave up on another name brand ( uhhm uhhm ) "Dull Coat" along time ago, even over enamels, and particularly over decal with out sealing first. As stated here by many, the paint on eyes are the main issue.

As they say " I will let you go first ", and wait on your result. Less I forget good luck.

I missed out on the Alien Queen before and would really like to pick one up this time.

Any ideas where to pre-order the reissue in Europe?

Do anyone know if there will be improvements differences from the 1st release? I did spot a 1st release for a reasonable price, so wait or get 1st release?

I didn't realize how lucky I got with the two sets I got from Toys R Us online. My local comic book shop got them in (finally). I had intended to pick one up anyways for custom fodder, but the heads on the one I picked up and most of the others were completely wonky. Most of the lip paint looked like it was smudged pink lipstick and some of the eyes weren't even painted all the way

I missed out on the Alien Queen before and would really like to pick one up this time.

Any ideas where to pre-order the reissue in Europe?

Do anyone know if there will be improvements differences from the 1st release? I did spot a 1st release for a reasonable price, so wait or get 1st release?

According to Randy on Twitter:

@NECA_TOYS · 3h3 hours ago

NECA Retweeted

Improved structure and durability and addition of 30th anniversary sticker

@NECA_TOYS my wife just gave me the ok to pre order the Alien Queen bbts! Thanks for bringing her back Randy! Will there be new packaging?

A couple of interesting tweets:

NECA Retweeted

Maybe

@NECA_TOYS

Will we be getting more aliens marines?

NECA Retweeted

The remainder of the year for Alien alone is mind blowing

@NECA_TOYS

I think Randy has lots of surprises for us & that's why he's been so busy & quiet!

Back