NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dude you care
this movie is opening that door
i really really don't know why some "dudes" here are so endlessly concentrated on discussing other members. like they're stuck in a closet and desperately wish for communication. so many words about "opening doors". come out of the closet already, everything's clear to everyone.

Dude you care about the shape of the domes and bio wires on all alien figures. You can't add your thoughts in this movie. From the time u started posting here u have been hung up on the smallest things. The alien species is not one look and this movie is opening that door the comics and story has done . Only a true alien fan would know this

Honestly I have never liked much of the comic stories and certainly not the artwork depicting the xenos. I like the classic Big Chap and Aliens look, they work. Why screw with them? I get it, changing/taking traits from host and constantly 'evolving' but still....As I said before I hated the way the xenos looked in Resurrection, as if once Pumpkinhead hit the streets every creature shop design was borrowing elements of that design, and it just doesn't work in my book for the xenos.

Besides, you can be a 'true' alien fan even if you don't immerse into all the comics. I read them when they first came out, and was 'meh' on them and kinda gave up because they just were getting silly. I have read one of the novels, Out of the Shadows, it was ok, and I think as a 'mid-quel' story arc device it worked.

i really really don't know why some "dudes" here are so endlessly concentrated on discussing other members. like they're stuck in a closet and desperately wish for communication. so many words about "opening doors". come out of the closet already, everything's clear to everyone.

No u are very guilty of jumping out of your cave and adding your disappointment of many many things. You as a hater really need a hate thread, your not alone . But if I hop online , I do because I'm excited about future figures and movies. With hope of a new good figure or discussion but instead we get this disappointing view on most things to come

No variant figure will ever be worth a small fortune again. Mcfarlane plays with its customers with this variant non sense to keep you guys buying the same figures over and over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Honestly I have never liked much of the comic stories and certainly not the artwork depicting the xenos. I like the classic Big Chap and Aliens look, they work. Why screw with them? I get it, changing/taking traits from host and constantly 'evolving' but still....As I said before I hated the way the xenos looked in Resurrection, as if once Pumpkinhead hit the streets every creature shop design was borrowing elements of that design, and it just doesn't work in my book for the xenos.

Besides, you can be a 'true' alien fan even if you don't immerse into all the comics. I read them when they first came out, and was 'meh' on them and kinda gave up because they just were getting silly. I have read one of the novels, Out of the Shadows, it was ok, and I think as a 'mid-quel' story arc device it worked.

True u can be a fan but you have narrowed the idea down. Even Riley left it a mystery of what they can and can't do. How long they live, if they eat, they take shape to there environment. Things like that. If u are only a fan of the movies then it's all a mystery and anything goes. To add to why they were created and now we are getting a new movie that is going down that rabbit hole. We all should be very excited

I'm excited for this movie. I think Ridley's way past his prime, and Prometheus was lacking in many aspects, but this is probably my favourite franchise, and I truly enjoy these movies.
As for the constant changes in the aliens' design, I'm ok with it. While I'm not a fan of some of the things ADI (and the later directors) did to the designs, I can appreciate them on their own merits. The A:R and AvP xenos are great monsters. Sure, they lack the elegant beauty of Giger's bio-mechanoid ideas, but they are still miles above most movie-monsters out there.
Hopefully we'll get a proper Giger Big Chap again somewhere down the line, just to come full circle, but as long as I get good monsters, I'm happy.

I think we are on the same page. It would be awesome for a good story but I will be happy with new concepts and cool aliens

I like the fact that it incorporates many of the design elements from the whole evolution of Alien designs. These are after all studiofanmorphs and are not for the most part, 'completely new' designs.

What happened to the aliens fans here. You guys are too hung up on all the old movies. Not much mention of a brand new alien movie here at all . Shame

I'm just trying to generate some conversation of open minded fans is all

In seriousness, if I get excited about new films I want figures from them. And as I'm trying to limit myself toywise (for financial reasons) I deliberately fixate on the movies of my childhood, thus Alien 1-3, Predator 1 & 2, T1 & T2, Robocop 1, Tim Burton Batman etc etc.

Having said that I do have an innate scepticism and even cynicism about new films. They so often disappoint at best or make a mockery of the series at worst.

In seriousness, if I get excited about new films I want figures from them. And as I'm trying to limit myself toywise (for financial reasons) I deliberately fixate on the movies of my childhood, thus Alien 1-3, Predator 1 & 2, T1 & T2, Robocop 1, Tim Burton Batman etc etc.

Having said that I do have an innate scepticism and even cynicism about new films. They so often disappoint at best or make a mockery of the series at worst.

I doubt the new movie will make a mockery of the series. It will probably not go the direction everyone wants like Prometheus went. In twenty years from now if everyone is talking about a 1/4 hick figure I'm going to blow my brains out

You got a problem with Dwayne? :lol

After typing that I just realised - how come Hick's first name isn't Michael? The other marines kept the first names of the actors no?

I've yet to walk in a TRU and find a Hicks helmeted two pack without wonky eyes and for that matter a Paxton likeness helmeted as well

WTF Neca..Bill is probably rolling in his grave with these figures :pfft:

Finally got my Hicks/Hudson two pack from Calendars.com. I think that I lucked out and got a pretty good set. I actually like my old Hicks better so I will use him in my display. I don't have the old Hudson for a comparison but I think the one I got looks pretty good.

IMG_1367.jpg

IMG_1368.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1373.jpg

My set is still in my Pile of Loot at BBTS. Are the faces really that shiny or is it just the flash? Those look ridiculous compared to the painted ones.

They are shiny. So even if you get a set with decent eyes and no mess you will still have that. I can tolerate it. Of more annoyance to me now is that at least one of my Hudson figures won't stay on his feet even with a stand. The ankle joints are weak.

My set is still in my Pile of Loot at BBTS. Are the faces really that shiny or is it just the flash? Those looks ridiculous compared to the painted ones.

I had a light source directly above to the new Hicks which made him look a bit shinier in those pics, but yeah, the flesh tone plastic is fairly shiny.

Back