NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to agree with it being the Aliens thenmselves that may be slowing down the line. If it indeed is slowing down. The seven inch alien warrior figures, well you take it in in its entirety in one shot. Revealing the fact that it was just a man in a rubber suit. Now the 1/4 scale alien figures are fantastic. You can appreciate the artistry and talent and horror of the creature by Giger and of course Neca sculptures in their replication. I suppose it depends on how they are posed. Since you rarely saw them standing erect I never pose them that way. But do we need aliens in every color of the rainbow?

... I love how you're all taking like the Alien line is dying and that people want humans more Aliens. Where do you get this stuff?

Sent from my ALE-L23 using Tapatalk

VLAGAS; I think the only Xeno's that didn't sell that well is the albino Concept Xeno said:
A around a year and a half after the first Hicks/Hudson figures were released, several US based stores had those on huge clearance just to get ride of them. One store in particular ( Gamestop) had H's / H's for $5 each, at the same time the xeno was $1.99 ( insanely cheap) Last fall when Hastings was closing the Hicks two packs were $11 . Fast forward to now the secondary market on those now is ________ ( fill in blank).

To the point I didnt initially collect the Aliens line due to the limited number of figures, who wants only a part. Once I did, like alot of others I started to customize get the other characters I wanted. Neca, themselves may be causing the increase demand for the Humans, the more characters /accessories sets, that they produce. The more collectors are wanting the remaining cast / items to complete set.

I'd be content for them to keep issuing brown and blue warrior Aliens to keep up the creature quota in each wave. I'm way more likely to increase my quantities of those than to buy this multi-coloured bubblegum Alien stuff.

I'd be content for them to keep issuing brown and blue warrior Aliens to keep up the creature quota in each wave. I'm way more likely to increase my quantities of those than to buy this multi-coloured bubblegum Alien stuff.
check the alien that goes against red aliens. don't remember the name of the comics. it's painted like Isolation/Walmart alien but more metallic. i like him most of all A2 paints to date.
"brown" alien is a piece of liquid crap paint.

check the alien that goes against red aliens. don't remember the name of the comics. it's painted like Isolation/Walmart alien but more metallic. i like him most of all A2 paints to date.
"brown" alien is a piece of liquid crap paint.

OK I just checked. I agree, that looks the best. I thought those were just straight-up black so I passed on that set.

To the point I didnt initially collect the Aliens line due to the limited number of figures, who wants only a part. Once I did, like alot of others I started to customize get the other characters I wanted. Neca, themselves may be causing the increase demand for the Humans, the more characters /accessories sets, that they produce. The more collectors are wanting the remaining cast / items to complete set.

***t, you PMed me ages ago and I've kept forgetting to respond, sorry.

You raise a good point here, that of the company creating consumer confidence by themselves showing some faith in the line and making a broad range. Who's on the edge of their seat in anticipation for Hot Toys Aliens line and its.......2 figures, one of which isn't out yet and keeps getting delayed. *crickets* NECA on the other hand are doing incredible things with the license, grail stuff. And there's such confidence that we're even talking about characters like Burke who no longer seems quite so implausible considering certain twitter references and considering NECA made Newt.

I myself have been so excited about the line that I've increased my purchasing, starting to play the multiples game so as to set up many different scenes simultaneously as I do with Terminator. Previously I've said I don't need any more Aliens, well now I want more for various scenes. So NECA can reissue the Aliens all they want to support new human figures, I will buy at least the movie-based ones - ideally with the paintjob from the Genocide 2 pack as P. pointed out.

With the aliens weapons pack coming out, with sentry guns I want even more of the traditional aliens. One change I would like though, not comparing apples to oranges, is that Hiya toys Xenomorph has multiple hands. I asked @NECA about was the odds of getting different hands for the Aliens figures, unfortunately he said not likely.

Anyone heard any scuttlebutt about release date for weapons pack?

I dunno, reusing the same mold with the suit for the body vs. doing a crew type figures seems cheap on Neca's part. I personally have no interest in a suited Lambert, I think you see less of her in it than Kane and Dallas. I can understand those that would want all three suited up for a complete set/diorama with the space jockey though but unless they make a civi version of her I'm passing. It's as if the only Ripley figure they made was her in the space suit. But they gave you a different head to swap out.

Reebok won't happen, will piss off those who paid thru the arse to get a pair.
I hope they do. Would serve them right for paying scalpers' prices in the first place.

Burke/Gorman more than likely end up as SDCC exclusives so back to ebay for those (again)
Then rereleased afterwards sans some minor accessory.

CM movie would probably more than likely suck. Without an "alien" thing to tie in I think there is a huge limited audience for a movie JUST about the USCM, especially when the core (no pun intended) characters would not be involved. No Hicks, Hudson, Apone, Drake, Vaz, etc. Now if the age of spinoffs which is rampant NOW was the case in 1986, by 1988 you could have easily seen a prequel non-alien related USCM stand alone movie with those characters, perhaps the story of Frost's male octurian poon could be dramatized! Nowdays there is such a limited market for something like that, even I wouldn't be interested.
I disagree. The storytelling potential of the setting and scenarios hinted at in the tech manual is there (if anything, being tied to the xenomorphs might be more of a curse than a blessing at this point), it just needs a screenwriter/director with the talent and maturity to make an interesting film of it. Which is the real challenge, in today's movie industry...

Apparently its going to be the Alien from the DH ongoing comic book series Aliens Defiance.

View attachment 316584

View attachment 316585

Actually reminds me of the Crusher Alien from the Colonial Marines game and the Bull Alien from the Kenner range. Apparently Randy said more of this one in particular will be revealed at the next toy fair.

I admit I am curious as to how big she will be.
It's actually almost a straight rip of the Spitter from Colonial Marines, and if what I've seen is any indication, it'll be exactly the same size as any other standard xenomorph.

A around a year and a half after the first Hicks/Hudson figures were released, several US based stores had those on huge clearance just to get ride of them. One store in particular ( Gamestop) had H's / H's for $5 each, at the same time the xeno was $1.99 ( insanely cheap) Last fall when Hastings was closing the Hicks two packs were $11 . Fast forward to now the secondary market on those now is ________ ( fill in blank).
They were never actually discounted up here in Canada, so far as I know. I haven't seen a single one of either the original Hicks or Hudson figures in stores since about the middle of 2013.

They were never actually discounted up here in Canada, so far as I know. I haven't seen a single one of either the original Hicks or Hudson figures in stores since about the middle of 2013.

It was around fall of 15, when I learned that Gamestop had those listed as clearance, in stores only. I called every store in a 120 mile radius, Took a couple road trips, that's when I started to collect Aliens figures. I just checked their website, now shows Hicks @ $0.97, available at local stores only. Call me cheap, I always hit clearance section of any store.
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/aliens-series-1-hicks-7-figure/107460

Like to know what companies bought the remaining inventory from Hastings

It was around fall of 15, when I learned that Gamestop had those listed as clearance, in stores only. I called every store in a 120 mile radius, Took a couple road trips, that's when I started to collect Aliens figures. I just checked their website, now shows Hicks @ $0.97, available at local stores only. Call me cheap, I always hit clearance section of any store.
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/toys/aliens-series-1-hicks-7-figure/107460

Like to know what companies bought the remaining inventory from Hastings
Huh, I just get redirected to the Canadian EB Games website, and the only NECA Aliens products they seem to have are the plush facehugger and chestburster.

That's frustrating. The diversity of the Alien line makes it superior to Predator IMO.
I dunno, reusing the same mold with the suit for the body vs. doing a crew type figures seems cheap on Neca's part. I personally have no interest in a suited Lambert, I think you see less of her in it than Kane and Dallas. I can understand those that would want all three suited up for a complete set/diorama with the space jockey though but unless they make a civi version of her I'm passing. It's as if the only Ripley figure they made was her in the space suit. But they gave you a different head to swap out.

I really hope they make the plain clothed versions of the Nostromo crew down the road or at least at the end of the line as a commemorative type gift pack as an online exclusive.

Thats a thought. A lot of companies do do this, make a demand artificially so they can get out more of the stuff that needs a push for them to sell well. With the upcoming accessory packs and more focus having to go on the human characters sooner rather than later, makes it appear that the appetite for the human characters are being ramped up.

Almost like the fans of the Predator line. They have gotten heaps and heaps of the Aliens aka the Predators that now they want more of the human characters to balance it out.

I hate to say it but I may be in the same Sulaco as you. If they do not release a plain clothed verison of Lambert, which is what she is seen in in nearly all of the film, then I cannot justify getting her unless she goes on sale over here.

newbresurrection.jpg

I hope the NECA version is made larger size so he can tower over the figures. And from what Randy has suggested that is the case. Am really interested actually to see how well the Resurrection wave turns out and how many characters we could get.

I hope the NECA version is made larger size so he can tower over the figures. And from what Randy has suggested that is the case. Am really interested actually to see how well the Resurrection wave turns out and how many characters we could get.
i don't need any of adifartion figures anyway so don't quote me there :dunno

Back