NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would be cool too if they did the space suit from another upcoming comic book as well from Dark Horse, Dead Orbit. Reminds me so much of Isak from Dead Space in a way.

aliens-dead-orbit-comicbook.jpg

Found that pic a while ago Randy put up of the supposed Alien from Defiance comic book series. Looks pretty cool actually.

View attachment 317176
Because it's a straight-up rip of a design from Colonial Marines. ;)

Would be cool too if they did the space suit from another upcoming comic book as well from Dark Horse, Dead Orbit. Reminds me so much of Isak from Dead Space in a way.

View attachment 317177
I'd rather they made the USCM "Mk 35 Pressure Suit."

latest

Still, anything would on the spacesuit front would be preferable to trotting out that stupid Mœbius design yet again...

Talking about the 1/4 scale, I have not seen many people talked about the 1/4 alien warrior. I got the big chap and I am contemplating getting the alien warrior. How does it compares? Is it worth it if I already have the big chap?

The figure is definitely on par with the alien figure. The sculpt is amazing, the paint job is pretty damn good for a mass produced figure and it's miles ahead of Hot Toys's offering. I still wish Neca would include stands with these things though. The plastic does have a tendency to warp and I'm having a hard time trying to get mine to stand on its own. Other than that I am so glad I got this thing. Especially at the price Neca is offering. It looks so glorious on display.

damn you neca! Couldn't you have waited (just spent a ton on some SW stuff!!!)

preorderedanyway........... :D

ED-209 getting a reissue at the same time with new window packaging. I guess I'll buy one to have spare - with no differences to it and no scenes that I'm setting up I don't strictly need it but it might be worth having in case something bad ever befalls my current ED.

A second Queen Alien is useful because of her 2 key scenes and the wealth of supporting figures and items to make it all worthwhile.

ED-209 getting a reissue at the same time with new window packaging. I guess I'll buy one to have spare - with no differences to it and no scenes that I'm setting up I don't strictly need it but it might be worth having in case something bad ever befalls my current ED.

A second Queen Alien is useful because of her 2 key scenes and the wealth of supporting figures and items to make it all worthwhile.

I passed on the ED-209 because I wanted to keep it MOC and it had no window packaging. Maybe the stars have aligned for me....

Curious, has anyone gotten any of their NECA figs graded by either CAS of AFA? I am thinking about having my signed Ripley one graded/archived. More for protection/archiving as that one is a piece I do not intend to sell, so i'd want to preserve it as best I can. Maybe get my SDCC Newt done the same as well.

View attachment 317177

Is this good?

Because it's a straight-up rip of a design from Colonial Marines. ;)

I'd rather they made the USCM "Mk 35 Pressure Suit."

latest

Still, anything would on the spacesuit front would be preferable to trotting out that stupid Mœbius design yet again...

Wasn't Moebius involved in the creation of the suits in Alien? More like, didn't Ridley Scott hijacked a bunch of designs from Jodorowski's Dune? I always thought that was the reason for having pastel colored chunky spacesuits.

Wasn't Moebius involved in the creation of the suits in Alien? More like, didn't Ridley Scott hijacked a bunch of designs from Jodorowski's Dune?
Some of Giger's ideas for the aesthetic of Geidi Prime were carried over into Alien, yes (although Prometheus probably draws more directly from them) , but Giraud was one of the visual designers for the latter film, along with Giger and Syd Mead.

I always thought that was the reason for having pastel colored chunky spacesuits.
Chunky pastel-coloured things were pretty much his trademark, no?

Last edited:
got the "grey" alien.
i don't know why it's called grey, it's cream brown :dunno

got the "grey" alien.
i don't know why it's called grey, it's cream brown :dunno

I did not get the variant because it was such a subtle change that it was not worth getting. Still wish Randy would release the molten lead version he previewed a while back. Or even maybe do a blood splattered bambi burster.

Back