NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In other news, I want this ! Please make one for us NECA !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/182417372128

View attachment 316357

Kids Logic has this 13" floating dropship up for PO for $225 that looks good. I am thinking about getting one.

KLDropship1.jpg

KLDropship2.jpg

UK distributor still has Queen in stock - not sure if we even got in the second production run of it.

In fact UK disty has still got stock of Aliens Series: 2,3,4,6,7,8,9

-Interesting to see that Series 5 completely sold out.

With Predator you can only get 12,13,15

Seems to indicate somewhat weaker sales for the Aliens line, which we already knew - but let's hope by series 15 we'll see a much shorter list of Series still in-stock - because that cannot be a good sign otherwise... at least for the UK

Is that pre-hormone replacement Lambert?

I do want that blue Alien, I'm guessing it's another Kenner tribute?

I had that figure when I was a kid, it would look funky done by Neca, I hope it's a little translucent.

...fugly Lambert is fugly :O

C2FmJ_4XAAAqdGk.jpg

Normally we hope the final product looks like the proto, but this time I REALLY hope it looks better, otherwise the helmet is not coming off on mine :p

Well, we've never gotten a Lambert figure before so hers isn't a face I've done any study of. I'll take it, it's passable enough.

Only thing is they were all different sizes in the movie, Lambert presumably being the smallest and that figure looks like it'll be the same size as Kane and Dallas.

Well, we've never gotten a Lambert figure before so hers isn't a face I've done any study of. I'll take it, it's passable enough.

Only thing is they were all different sizes in the movie, Lambert presumably being the smallest and that figure looks like it'll be the same size as Kane and Dallas.

It definitely will be. NECA would never pay to tool up another EVA suit body just to make it a half inch shorter. Happens all the time with them...why put in the effort to do something right when they can do it cheap?

i also wonder what is that green shining oval that is "also available".
as for the sculpt, it looked a lot better when it didn't have any paint on it, so it's either paint or a bad photo.
i'm talking about the helmeted face.

It's the paint, usually sculptors do a good job and the mass paint job undermines all their work.

Even Hasbro sculpts look fantastic once you see them with custom paint jobs.

Definitely leaving Lambert's helmet on then. Still, I'll be putting her with Dallas, Kane and the Space Jockey so there is that.

Really pleased they're doing lambert, now all we need is Parker, Brett, Ash, Dallas (Nostromo outfit) and Kane (chestburster) and I'll be a happy man. What's with the blue Alien?

i also wonder what is that green shining oval that is "also available".
as for the sculpt, it looked a lot better when it didn't have any paint on it, so it's either paint or a bad photo.
i'm talking about the helmeted face.

Apparently its going to be the Alien from the DH ongoing comic book series Aliens Defiance.

img_1818.jpg

img_1820.jpg

Actually reminds me of the Crusher Alien from the Colonial Marines game and the Bull Alien from the Kenner range. Apparently Randy said more of this one in particular will be revealed at the next toy fair.

I admit I am curious as to how big she will be.

That's frustrating. The diversity of the Alien line makes it superior to Predator IMO.

Maybe its the constant reuse of the drones and repaints that are killing the line more than the reuse of parts. NECA loves to cut costs hence the reuse time and time again, but maybe this time its really coming back to bite them on the arse. Most Alien film fans want the human characters more than the Aliens themselves I believe when push comes to shove, but the catch is most want them in their iconic gear which is usually more complex civilian clothing and details. Hence why I think we will never get the full crew of the Nostromo since they are all more well known for their individual style of dress rather than the pressure suits.
There's a demand for and a reissue of Hicks, Hudson and the Queen. So maybe not so bleak.

I hope they do go ahead with the Queen reissue too. Makes sense to do it now while they are getting the second runs of Hicks and Hudson out there and also when demand is still high for her.

Maybe its the constant reuse of the drones and repaints that are killing the line more than the reuse of parts. NECA loves to cut costs hence the reuse time and time again, but maybe this time its really coming back to bite them on the arse.

The Aliens line is Neca's second best selling line so there's no worry of it ending anytime soon - I was just pointing out that the Aliens line doesn't really sell out in the UK, resellers just stop buying stock and it gets left at the UK distributor (which isn't a good thing) but so far they keep on buying in the new Assortments so it doesn't seem to be a problem... yet. I would like to think that this isn't happening in the US for example.

The actual Xeno figures are way more popular than the Human figures, even though they are indeed mainly repaints. Maybe that's why the predator line is excelling because for some reason everyone loves buying the same figure over and over again with slight variation mainly in paint!

I think the only Xeno's that didn't sell that well is the albino Concept Xeno, whereas the only humans that sold as well as other Xeno's is probably only Ripley and Vasquez.

Hicks and Hudson was one of the reasons why big retailers started asking for less marines / humans, so while there is indeed a demand for these to be re-released it's definitely for other reasons than because they sold particularly well.

Also:

So from now on are we going to get 4 Kenner figures for every 2 other figures we get?

Thank-god we've got the Covenant Series inbound - Hope it lasts longer than what Prometheus did.

Back