NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Neca released in packaging bishop queen attack figure
e03d360dfed522a3ff3638c46153006f.jpg

I'd have preferred either a closed egg or Bishop's legs. I don't like that open eggs are going to outnumber closed eggs in my display (that always annoyed me about the McFarlane line) so closed would have been better - and if not that then give us the rest of Bishop!

And why the hell has there been no individual preorder for that figure at BBTS?

Yeah, I'm wondering that about this whole series... I'd like to get the Genocide re-issues, but I don't want the rest of the figs. :confused:

Here's a repaint of the Dallas headsculpt I did yesterday....stripped all the existing paint off, primed it, then repainted.
I have the suit taken apart and I'll be gluing joints in place for a diorama and doing a repaint.
I have two more Dallas figures coming to make Kane and Lambert. I know NECA has just said they are hoping to make a Lambert figure, but that could be a while away yet. I need to find some clear flat matte varnish.

The old paint really hides some of the great sculpt NECA did with this Dallas figure, although it is a great figure out of the box anyway. This repaint was a git to do, I'm used to painting 1:6 scale. :)

View attachment 199930

Was just asked a PM question on what thinner I used to get the paint off, figured I would post my response here too in case anyone else tries it :)

"I used Acetone to remove the paint, in fact often the easiest way to buy it is nail polish remover. The exact brand I used belongs to my wife (!) and is made by ONYX Professional, called 100% pure Acetone Nail Polish Remover. The ingredients are Acteone and Denatonium Benzoate. I've used it on this Dallas sculpt and a few years ago on some older Hot Toys headsculpts. I think this was bought at Walmart or Sally Beauty Supply.

HOWEVER - this stuff labeled 'maximum strength'. Acetone does have the habit of melting plastic. With acetone sometimes you can buy one brand and it melts the plastic, other brands it's okay. Why, I don't know. So whatever brand you get, do test it on an inconspicuous area of the sculpt first to make sure all is good. Once the paint is off, be sure to use a fine acrylic spray primer on the sculpt and let cure before painting. Often Car / Auto parts centers have this acrylic primer because it gives a very fine even spray.

Also, once the Dallas sculpt is painted, you kind of have to put it in the body with the bottom half of the helmet already on the body, as obviously you don't want to take it out again as there is a chance the paint will be rubbed or chipped off trying to remove it. When I put mine in I'll have the body repainted too and the helmet will be glued on."

I'd have preferred either a closed egg or Bishop's legs. I don't like that open eggs are going to outnumber closed eggs in my display (that always annoyed me about the McFarlane line) so closed would have been better - and if not that then give us the rest of Bishop!

I make latex closed eggs mate if you're looking :

1299378c3c84311191732112f29fac9b.jpg

Last edited:
There's two white paint blobs on the eyes. You can see them in this picture. I will correct them tomorrow with some black paint.
52bec1ce25f41574dd6f939a90d1d03b.jpg

...the painting on the human figures could be so much better. The likeness is there, but the painting is not flattering. Most pictures of Ripley I've seen don't resemble Sigourney Weaver, though I got lucky and mine looks good enough. She could still be better.

Yeah I totally agree with you. I think the paint is too thick and hides most of the details on the human alien figures. The Neca Dutch figure is great as the skin tone is actual colour of the plastic they use. If only they went down that route.

Back