NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what I would like to see happen:

Hot Toys goes into a joint venture with NECA for the design, sculpting and production of a new series of 1/6 scale figures from the Alien franchise.

Lead sculptor is NECA's Tankman. Prototype paint apps under Tankman's supervision.
Production and design of the figures, i.e. articulation and materials, is under HT's tutelage.

All figures get a "DX" type treatment with accessories and elaborate bases.

Alien: egg-silo base with open "Alien" egg and dead face-hugger (the detailed underside as Ash was examining it).
Aliens: Hadley's Hope "Hive" base with "Aliens" chest-burster and live face-hugger.
Alien 3: "molten" grid base with Queen face-hugger and "Alien 3" bambi-burster.
Alien: Resurrection: 2-pack including Alien warrior and Newborn with Auriga floor base.
AvP: extra head-cowl and interchangeable tail with "Grid" battle-damage and pyramid floor base.
AvP-R: 2-pack including Alien warrior and Predalien with street base.

I'd buy each and every one of those figures without blinking an eye...

And last but not least, each figure and two-pack would come with a part of the Aliens Queen:

Alien: Base and Support
Aliens: Arms
Alien 3: Legs
A:R 2-pack: Torso
AvP: Tail
AvP-R 2-pack: Head

Any questions? Get on with HT and NECA! :D
it would be cheaper to just get the SkyW queen kit. and it won't collapse under its own weight.

I thought it could be used as an incentive to get all of the figures.
Hypothetically, if this were to happen and you didn't really care about getting all of the figures or the Queen, you could sell off the parts on ebay. Surely those who didn't want to buy all figures would pay to get the loose pieces.
If all you want is the Queen, then yes, by all means, you could go and buy the SkyW kit, or hit up ebay for the loose pieces of the NECA/HT Queen.
It's just speculation.

yeah, but then your problem is physics. the square-cube law applies to figures too and a 32" tall articulated queen is gonna shatter its legs the second you try to stand it up. not to mention all the reinforcement it would need to hold that massive head. the prop in the movie was just a rod puppet and was never designed to hold up its own weight on those thin legs. the SkyW kit isn't articulated and it's reinforced with metal rods and it still needs a strong metal stand. there's a reason HT never made a figure. you're still better off getting a kit/statue if you really want a queen that big.

Oh, I never said it would be articulated, but then again, I never did explain that I thought of it more as a statue than an articulated figure...
Going to edit the post to fix that.

Edit: Edited! :D

Neca please! Requires an alien queen!

qxjkgl.png

I hope they come out with a 7-inch scale queen, but apparently they think it would cost too much to mold and sculpt. :-/ a shame really.

Ok? :dunno For it to be in scale with the 7 inch figures it would have to be about 12 inches tall.

I am thirsting for news from NECA about Alien franchise figures...
After the success of their latest predators I just know they must be thinking about more figures from the Alien and Predator universes!

I am thirsting for news from NECA about Alien franchise figures...
After the success of their latest predators I just know they must be thinking about more figures from the Alien and Predator universes!
Same, although I'm nervous since my 18 incher was just destroyed...
Meh, they upped the quality on the Preds. Hopefully they'll do the same with the Aliens. I'm sure we'll see something when Prometheus comes out.

NECA really does have some good sculpts. I hope the paint job like on the recent 19" predators continues.

Back